• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Just 1 enemy stack I. Tournament?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So I had 3 different encounters facing just a single stack of priests.

I can't remember ever seeing just 1 enemy stack in the tournament.

Did something change?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Soggy, it is your squad size. Remember at a certain ring number (I think 13th ring) that the enemies are allowed to conflate to fewer units. Well, your squad size just reached the point where that triggers in tournaments. Congratulations!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Soggy, it is your squad size. Remember at a certain ring number (I think 13th ring) that the enemies are allowed to conflate to fewer units. Well, your squad size just reached the point where that triggers in tournaments. Congratulations!

I am seeing the single squad enemy fights in the first few provinces in the tournament and at just the one or two star level. I do not remember if I have seen any when completing provinces normally, and I am currently doing the 14th ring and have not skipped any squad upgrade research and just finished Elementals.

The update to version 1.73 back on Feb 20th pretty much matches up with when I think I started seeing these single squad fights.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I am seeing the single squad enemy fights in the first few provinces in the tournament and at just the one or two star level. I do not remember if I have seen any when completing provinces normally, and I am currently doing the 14th ring and have not skipped any squad upgrade research and just finished Elementals.

The update to version 1.73 back on Feb 20th pretty much matches up with when I think I started seeing these single squad fights.

I've been seeing this behavior a long time before. When did you start the 14th ring?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just to add to my last post. I just completed a province tonight, my 417th completed, that is in the 15th ring and one of the fights was against a single enemy squad. I still have some 14th ring provinces to scout and, with all available Squad researches done at this point, they are showing as "very easy".

Pheryll

Set Designer
Just to add to my last post. I just completed a province tonight, my 417th completed, that is in the 15th ring and one of the fights was against a single enemy squad. I still have some 14th ring provinces to scout and, with all available Squad researches done at this point, they are showing as "very easy".

I have looked back and it is the 14th ring for the normal provinces that this triggers, which would mean that, at the point that your squad size causes the first scouted province of the 14th ring to start showing the "very easy" sign (as the enemy ratio of their troops to yours dips under 100%), you would start seeing this behavior in tournaments as well.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The number of enemies in that single stack is pretty large, if i remember a screen shot correctly from another fellowship member.

Yep the enemy doesn't have a true squad size as much as it has an army size. That is, your squad size x5 is the basis for the total enemy army size which then gets divided equally (as much as possible) among the various enemy units.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yep the enemy doesn't have a true squad size as much as it has an army size. That is, your squad size x5 is the basis for the total enemy army size which then gets divided equally (as much as possible) among the various enemy units.

Are we sure about that? I am doing a province right now and there is a single squad fight. My squad size is 2844 and the enemy squad size is 6774, so 2.38 times the size of my squad. This is also a very easy province, so I am sure that factors into the difference somehow.

Edit: found a 5 on 5 fight in the same province and the squad sizes are my 2844 vs 1656 for the enemy. That makes the enemy squads .58 the size of mine. Also, 1656 times 5 is way more than 6774, so I do not understand how the math programmed into the game even does this.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Are your numbers weighted by the unit size? That squad size is unit size x units per squad. If you are just looking at the total number of units, you are on the wrong track.

Pheryll

Set Designer
No, that was the actual squad size listed for all 8 spots in the province.

The squad size for each slot is not listed for the enemy. Rather multiply the number listed (units per squad) by the unit size (found when examining each troop type) and you will get the amount devoted to that slot. In a group of mixed troops this number is very close for each slot.