• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Just build it anyway.....!

DeletedUser15584

My title might sound a little outsightish, but the truth is I was noticing that within the magic academy crafting section you are able to create, portal power percentages, and I'm sure that just as any person might be curious, I might just make a couple, and easily gain the upper hand on all other players....! So just what is going to happen when some lower participating player, "like myself". Decides that creating stuff in the crafting section that has nothing to do with any level that I'm on or the level of a city that I'm able to advance. but I know I would do better having it been built. so now I can get creative and make up a reason to get ahead of the game and feel like blaming anyone else unselfishly Expectantly enough there is a person who thinks that having a set form of information to access is creating someones else's form of user discretion. Playing that is not my problem but I'm sure I should probably soon warn some caretaker that it's just to easy to accept that "it" should be someone's problem... even if I can build the extra and feel comforted by having it built ahead of the time when it becomes needed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My title might sound a little outsightish, but the truth is I was noticing that within the magic academy crafting section you are able to create, portal power percentages, and I'm sure that just as any person might be curious, I might just make a couple, and easily gain the upper hand on all other players....! So just what is going to happen when some lower participating player, "like myself". Decides that creating stuff in the crafting section that has nothing to do with any level that I'm on or the level of a city that I'm able to advance. but I know I would do better having it been built. so now I can get creative and make up a reason to get ahead of the game and feel like blaming anyone else unselfishly Expectantly enough there is a person who thinks that having a set form of information to access is creating someones else's form of user discretion. Playing that is not my problem but I'm sure I should probably soon warn some caretaker that it's just to easy to accept that "it" should be someone's problem... even if I can build the extra and feel comforted by having it built ahead of the time when it becomes needed.
I think your post gave me a stroke. 3 tries and I have no idea what you are talking about.
Also, I'm dyslexic now. I wasn't when I started reading this, but now I am. Thanks for that.
I think I may have even lost English as my first language. Gone.

DeletedUser15584

I think your post gave me a stroke. 3 tries and I have no idea what you are talking about.
Also, I'm dyslexic now. I wasn't when I started reading this, but now I am. Thanks for that.

During the time spent watching the "Disenchant", board. I was noticing what I could create, in the criteria selection, and at the point when I noticed, Craft a "Portal percentage production boost", I don't even have a guest race. I don't have any problem with building something from something I don't need. But what would happen if when I attempt to craft the "portal boost", the process doesn't let me build the boost because I'm not to level? as it would stand then, whoever is going to let me know that I built something that I don't need but someone else, "higher level" would need. So then what is the problem? The problem is that it is available to craft and someone doesn't benefit because someone else needed it, and I would be blamed selfishly because I wasn't intended to use it. Looking ahead doesn't benefit me it benefits someone else who enjoys making problems just for the sake of attention gained by someone who doubted the intention of credit, not the problem solved.

DeletedUser2768

Brain cells. Don't forget the now lost brain cells. I TRIED to read the above, but my eyes crossed and my mind fogged over. I'm going to bed. Maybe this will sort itself into coherence while I sleep.

DeletedUser4699

During the time spent watching the "Disenchant", board. I was noticing what I could create, in the criteria selection, and at the point when I noticed, Craft a "Portal percentage production boost", I don't even have a guest race. I don't have any problem with building something from something I don't need. But what would happen if when I attempt to craft the "portal boost", the process doesn't let me build the boost because I'm not to level? as it would stand then, whoever is going to let me know that I built something that I don't need but someone else, "higher level" would need. So then what is the problem? The problem is that it is available to craft and someone doesn't benefit because someone else needed it, and I would be blamed selfishly because I wasn't intended to use it. Looking ahead doesn't benefit me it benefits someone else who enjoys making problems just for the sake of attention gained by someone who doubted the intention of credit, not the problem solved.

If I have been able to deduce what you are asking/stating/reflecting about, this item that you may be able to craft is a type of instant that will deposit a % of guest race goods into your storage. This instant will go into your inventory. Since you haven't entered any of the guest race chapters, it will sit in your inventory until you do enter a guest race chapter.
From the tone of your post, it seems like you are not happy about the ability to craft something that you do not have the ability to use yet. The solutions to this could be: 1. Don't craft it, and avoid whatever is giving you the jibblies about it. or 2. Craft it, and be happy that you have some valuable item(s) stored for your future chapters.
I hope this helps?

DeletedUser188

The problem is that it is available to craft and someone doesn't benefit because someone else needed it, and I would be blamed selfishly because I wasn't intended to use it.
If the item you are looking to craft is in your Magic Academy it is for you to craft and no one else
Someone else might have same item in their MA but if you craft then collect said item it stays in the other players MA
What you do with it ,whether you craft it or not wont effect anyone else's game but your own
No one else will even know you crafted the item unless you tell them
If it was me I would make a few of those % boosters they come in handy
Wish I could have stockpiled a bunch before I reached the guest races

shynner

@Darkwinterage I think I actually kind of understand part of your comment.. Yes, there is an advantage to craft things that can be used as you progress in the game such as portal profits that can be stored in your instants and used at a time when you do have a leveled portal. However, buildings are indeed chapter specific, and as such, should not be crafted unless you see an advantage to placing them right away.

MirandaZink

Wow . . .

Attachments

• My-Head-Hurts.jpg
    My-Head-Hurts.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 57

DeletedUser19458

He's saying crafting allows you to make things ahead of when you probably should be able to, so maybe inno should block that?

e.g. In chap 5 I made some portal profits that I couldn't use until dwarves. I also made orc strategist and it's giving me orc army while I'm in dwarves now. I can use them in battle or as I understand it if I expand my provinces far enough it requires orcs to cater .. which I now have a supply of.

Not knockin' in .. cause it like how it is ... just trying to explain what I think this suggestion is about.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
He's saying crafting allows you to make things ahead of when you probably should be able to, so maybe inno should block that?
This is offset by the fact that you are not getting other powerful event buildings instead. Still, those PP are OP IMO.:p
I also made orc strategist and it's giving me orc army while I'm in dwarves now. I can use them in battle or as I understand it if I expand my provinces far enough it requires orcs to cater .. which I now have a supply of.
Different orcs, those won't help you.

DeletedUser15584

If I have been able to deduce what you are asking/stating/reflecting about, this item that you may be able to craft is a type of instant that will deposit a % of guest race goods into your storage. This instant will go into your inventory. Since you haven't entered any of the guest race chapters, it will sit in your inventory until you do enter a guest race chapter.
From the tone of your post, it seems like you are not happy about the ability to craft something that you do not have the ability to use yet. The solutions to this could be: 1. Don't craft it, and avoid whatever is giving you the jibblies about it. or 2. Craft it, and be happy that you have some valuable item(s) stored for your future chapters.
I hope this helps?
Thank you Bricabrac, I did craft the instant and it did sit in the inventory, thank you again.. ! the only thing that happened is it turned black and white and was not active. After the fact, now there is also a possibillity that I can build a valerian guard forge and it reminded me of the same conundrum.

Pheryll

Set Designer
You can use valorian guards in combat immediately. You do not need to wait till the Sorcerers and Dragons chapter when you would normally unlock them, nor do you need to wait till Fairies chapter, when you would unlock the mercenary camp that they would eventually be produced from. Units can be obtained and used in combat even if you do not have the normal building to produce them.

DeletedUser15584

You can use valorian guards in combat immediately. You do not need to wait till the Sorcerers and Dragons chapter when you would normally unlock them, nor do you need to wait till Fairies chapter, when you would unlock the mercenary camp that they would eventually be produced from. Units can be obtained and used in combat even if you do not have the normal building to produce them.
I like it! I'm not in a position to complain but hopefully, I can kill as many upper-class enemies and still have an army that isn't just valerian guards.

bkbajb

I like it! I'm not in a position to complain but hopefully, I can kill as many upper-class enemies and still have an army that isn't just valerian guards.

Also, as your city grows use AW's and upgrade them. Many offer battle bonuses along with being able to train more troops faster