• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

KP donation notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

defiantoneks

ok, so as to the original post:
i dont see any harm in having the donations shown in notifications and i agree with the suggestion. more info = good.
i have no concern and am not entering a debate about how KPs get spent or anything else aside from the original post.

Dhurrin

That is excatly what I do. I open one message for my wonder, I don't see why I would want to open like 50 messages (and open them twice, for double checking), when I can complete a wonder with one message.

How would chains have the best tracking abilities? In net0 you just have to check once and if everything is fine, complete the wonder. I don't even want to think about how much work one have to do, to check in the chain system. I never checked anything while using it, way too much work for me.

That is just a wrong statement. All the system have the same benefit on average (just some tend to be fairer than others *cough* ;) ). I guess you can still feal that way, no point in arguing feelings.

Chains have better tracking abilities because they are messages. So we can track that long after anything occurred. Once an upgrade of an AW is started there is no accounting for who donated how many KPs as it is no longer being shown.

As for the rest of your answer; let us say you do what you do, we do what we do. But again, on a purely personal title, anyone who feels opening some messages is too much to ask is playing the game in a way too different from us.

And no It was not a wrong statement. I DO feel that it is moronic to put large amounts of KPs in my own wonders and I am bloody sure it does not benefit me at all. Again, you may feel different, which is fine, that doesn't make the statement wrong.
If I put 1.500 KPs in my own AW, there is ZERO return on that. If instead I put those 1.500 KPs in 3 other AWs I am pretty sure to earn more of a return than I put in. as I will still end up with 1.500 KPs in my AW, but also more instants and runes. If I put those 1.500 in 5 different AWs I am pretty sure of getting even more of a return. So for me, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by putting 1.500 KPs in my own AW.

Dhurrin

I agree, but with a twist.

If you contribute MORE than the value of a reward chest, then timing is the only difference.
View attachment 16388

Regardless of the system you're using, be it QuickShout, NetZero, Wonder Society, or Swap Threads, the best tactic is to contribute KPs to OTHER AWs for awards, which helps them level while converting your KPs to storable Runes and AW Instants.

If you need your KPs for leveling, then use your stash to contribute the SAME Runes or AW Instants, over and over again. Once you've accumulated enough AW Instants for 2/3rds of your next level, then you can plonk them down and announce that some Reward Chests will clear within 24 hours.

If you had 15 people who contributed 20 points per day, to a SINGLE AW that needed 300 points, then swap threads would be fine. Otherwise the other systems are all much quicker about turning contributions into reusable rewards.
Hmmm...coming as a remark to someone with 1.073 combined levels in AWs (and counting) and a good 20.000 KPs in instants laying around I find that only slightly amusing.
To add a twist to your pic: my Pyramids are lvl 30 and I'm not upping them further yet as there only is a secondary benefit to that, so I think I can say I'm ready with the pyramids already, not just for them ;)

I just have no clue why so many people here seem to be hell-bent on convincing me to use some other system, when I have repeatedly made it clear I am happy with the system we have.
I am not trying to push any system on anyone else, just trying to explain why I'm fine with the chains and answer questions or remarks. I have not pushed or even suggested anyone has to use them.

I also have repeatedly stated I have used many systems and like this one best.

So everyone, kindly refrain from being obnoxious and try to convert me to something else. It's like a crowd of door-to-door-salesmen (for those old enough to actually remember those). I am not interested, thank you very much. Been there, done that, left it behind, not looking back.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I don't really want to make this topic even more off-topic or personal but maybe we can make a different thread to discuss different KP sharing methods?

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
This is supposed to be a suggestion thread regarding adding Ancient Wonder KP donations to the Notifications. Other than a handful of responses, it's just 4 pages of people arguing that their chosen method of filling wonders is the right one. It's off topic and unpleasant.
Actually, the OP was asking for KP thread notification as a way to check on KP thread donations and/or monitoring them, so really we are not really OT. Those on Beta already know the secret answer

Killy-

Chains have better tracking abilities because they are messages. So we can track that long after anything occurred. Once an upgrade of an AW is started there is no accounting for who donated how many KPs as it is no longer being shown.
Still, you only need to check once in Net0 for a wonder and it takes seconds, while you would need however much time to check for 2k kps in the chains. After the wonder is finished you can't check for the kps in the chains anymore too btw.
If I put 1.500 KPs in my own AW, there is ZERO return on that.
That is still factual wrong. You get all the reward chests of your wonder as a cost reduction for your wonder. Like I said, it's the same rewards in every system.
If I put those 1.500 in 5 different AWs I am pretty sure of getting even more of a return.
The only way of getting more than average out of a system is by letting someone else getting less than average - no way of changing that fact. You can keep boasting about how much more you get out of the chains, all I can hear is how much kps you are taking from your team members. ;)

Dhurrin

So I will try one more time and then I am done as I am getting kinda annoyed by having to repeat the same facts over and over.

If I put 1.500 KPs in my own AW I get nothing in return. Nada, zero. Saying anything else is just make-belief.

If I put those 1.500 in batches of 100 in 15 different AWs of other people I am very sure of getting at least 15 x 5 KPs back, which is the lowest available chest everywhere.

Still, you only need to check once in Net0 for a wonder and it takes seconds, while you would need however much time to check for 2k kps in the chains. After the wonder is finished you can't check for the kps in the chains anymore too btw.

That is still factual wrong. You get all the reward chests of your wonder as a cost reduction for your wonder. Like I said, it's the same rewards in every system.

The only way of getting more than average out of a system is by letting someone else getting less than average - no way of changing that fact. You can keep boasting about how much more you get out of the chains, all I can hear is how much kps you are taking from your team members. ;)

Now for that last accusation, of me taking from my teammembers; you have less then no idea what you are talking about, so I would strongly suggest you don't make any ridiculous accusations like that anymore, because that I find incredibly insulting.
Unless and until you have played with us, don't even dare make accusations like that.
If I was such a lousy backstabbing player I would not be the AM of the 2nd ranked FS in our world because there wouldn't be any players worth their salt willing to play with me. So why don't you ask some of my teammates about that.

That being said, I'm done. I am not listening to anymore of this vile crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.