• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Larger Fellowships

I understand the basic idea in this game is to have people trading. It appears to me that there are no active players in my neighborhood (5.5 circles from my city). So all of my trading opportunities are in my fellowship. Right now we are lacking anyone who makes elixir as their primary level 3 good. It would really be helpful if we could have 40 members in our fellowship instead of just 25.

Deleted User - 312108

Bruce, the answer here isn't a larger fellowship, as a larger fellowship won't address the issue of not recruiting for goods that your fellowship isn't producing.
On World #4 our fellowship had an over-abundance of steel and a shortage of planks. Fortunately I had near neighbors who had planks to trade and we were able to recruit more active & equal level people who did have planks to address that shortage.

For me, a 40 member fellowship means a lot more overhead on tracking which players are actively trading,visiting and progressing since inactive players do not benefit the fellowship even if I feel guilty about giving them the boot.

I tend to recruit in several ways: 1) trading partners who are trading a good we're lacking in, 2) actively searching for people near our upper levels who have boosted goods we need, 3) reviewing applicants and prioritizing those who have the boosted goods and level we are looking for.

I haven't utilized the forums to recruit as I haven't seen it done a lot and I am not certain how many players are active on the forums.
You can tell another player's boosted goods by looking at the triangle points around there city: N, SE, & SW.

DeletedUser511

I feel the size is big enough. If I had to come into 39 people I have to return visit I wouldnt like that much.

DeletedUser594

The forums don't turn out a lot of new members but they do tend to turn out quality members- if someone is looking in the forums from the start you figure they know their way around a game and if your group is a good fit.
Keeping a good ratio of boosts is the biggest challenge through the early-mid portions of development but the pressure eases later when you have solid core who can produce a lot and get you through periods of being imbalanced.
On World #4 our fellowship had an over-abundance of steel and a shortage of planks
I hear you on the steel lyleth. I play on 4 worlds and my boost is steel in all 4. When looking at Tier 1 and Tier 2 goods the balance point isn't an even split. Steel manufactories are the largest and therefore produce the most per building. Planks/marble are smaller and produce less per manufactory but the numbers are even if you count by the square foot. A human steel manu. is 16sq at LvL 15 and makes 458 /24hr cycle. An elven plank at 15 is 6sq and makes 173/24hrs. If you calculate by the square foot (so to speak) they're both 28goods/sq. The problem is you need nearly 3x the manufatories of elven planks to match 1 steel and people generally don't build enough plank/marble/crystal, all of which all have small footprints.
windy..,windy..,bloviate.., in the end it's really important that those with plank/mrb/crystal boosts focus on those goods or else you're in perpetual shortage. I try to have my boosted member #'s much higher in those goods- ideally like 9-11 plank, 9-11 marble and 5-7 steel. I'm pretty sure I could run with 2 steel boosted if needed.