• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Lava Egg

Debno

Newbie here. I hope that I'm posting this question to the right place.....I'm in Chap 2. I acquired this in the Spells Inventory/Summonings: Lava Egg. It would take up a lot of valuable and limited space if I built it. How would this building help me at this early stage of my character's play? Also, I am figuring out how to find the answers to my questions in the Wiki, but no luck. What search terms would I use? Should I look at a different info source?

Flashfyre

The Lava Egg is only going to give you Culture and Supplies at your current chapter position; until you reach Tier 3 goods, that is. Depending on your needs, the culture boost might be the only real benefit to using up 16 squares of your probably limited cityscape.

It's an unfortunate side effect of the events; most buildings are designed to help with cities who have gotten to at least Chap 5, with all three Tiers of goods researched. Lower chapters cities end up winning stuff that isn't really helpful (subjectively speaking) until later on, by which time they cost too much in RRs to upgrade.

Flashfyre

Also, I am figuring out how to find the answers to my questions in the Wiki, but no luck. What search terms would I use? Should I look at a different info source?

Different source, definitely, for event buildings. The Wiki isn't always accurate, or up-to-date with new event buildings, so you need to watch the forums for the event discussion thread, which may be the Beta run or the Live run (Beta gets the events earlier than the Live worlds, so there is often advance info about stuff). In the current Phoenix thread in the General Discussion area, there is a lot of info about the event buildings, even spreadsheets and such to look at. I'd suggest you look there for specifics about any event building you win.

Nerwa

Because it's so big, I personally would not place it in a small city. I'd leave it in storage until a quest that calls for Spell Fragments, and then disenchant it. There are daily prizes in this event that are smaller; those would likely work better for you. Save the space for the main prize (Twilight Phoenix), which is the same size.

If you decide to use the Lava Egg, don't expect it to be a long term commitment. The output of the prizes you win in events is tied to your current chapter. As you move up chapters the "old" prizes become less efficient. Mostly you'll want to delete things that are a couple of chapters behind & replace with prizes from new events. The game calls it "selling" but you don't actually get anything back when you "sell" these sorts of prizes.

The evolved buildings & critters are the main exception. You'll likely want to upgrade those (using Royal Restoration) rather than delete/sell them. Or use a Teleport enchantment to store them for later.

BrinDarby

yes, different source ....
Normally I'd say go to Elvengems, but right now
idavis or tomatoHU perhaps, iono ... elvenarchitect
also has building info, yet can be hard to decipher.

Just look for the discussion thread about the current Event
and there's always links for both the task list and daily prize list.

by looking @ the prizes and thier attributes, you can match which
prizes you go after, to the needs of your city.