• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Leagues, 2022 Forbidden Ruins

Sprite1313

I don't understand what you mean
That the currency availability (either through drops, RNG winnings in chests and/or completing quests) has been reduced too much. Inno wanted to prevent players from easily gaining multiples of the complete set. However, since (based on the current numbers) less than 5% of players will get the 260 staffs needed to complete the set, Inno messed up. They claim that "average players" through "normal play" will be able to complete the set. The numbers indicate that isn't accurate - unless the top 2% is now considered "average". (I'm glad they didn't grade that way in school - imagine scoring 97% on a test, and getting a "d").

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I got the last piece this morning. I didn't buy the stash or spend any diamonds, but I did focus on getting all the 79 slots I could. I know that was not the way they said to go; they said to concentrate on 22 and 23 in order to get the furthest on the maps. But I just didn't see it that way, so I kept going for 79 or 75, first of all, because none of the prizes absolutely sucked (I'm looking at you, 10 broken shards and inspiring meditations) and because they offered the most cash return as one of the prizes. It worked ... I got the 200 cash back or the 150 cash back maybe once out of every 10, which propelled me forward. Of course, I won't hit gold league ... I'm convinced you can't get that without spending diamonds. But this is good enough for me.

Katarax

I got the last piece this morning. I didn't buy the stash or spend any diamonds, but I did focus on getting all the 79 slots I could.
Same, got the last piece yesterday without having to resort to diamonds as well. I only ever selected the 22, 23, 48, 75, and 79 options in that order to get the best value in terms of currency spent for waypoints gained instead of focusing on the chances of winning back currency though. Probably not the smartest move on my part, but wanted to keep it simple and it ended up working out in the end. Sitting in silver now and have already given up on gold, but like you said I’m just happy to get the set at this point.

BrinDarby

What I mean is ..... :
If you compare League numbers , since they came out,
you will see both the trend of downward currency in general,
but also the stark difference in this Event's currency.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Darielle ,
I tried the same thing.... 23/75/79 , but a bad RNG is just kill'n me ...
none of my 3 worlds can complete the set without diamonds. :mad:
I'm sorry to hear that. I had that in the last event. I guess the Inno gods decided I had enough and were nice to me this time. Let's hope they do the same for you next event.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
WorldEvent EndsIronBronzeSilverGold
Beta5m/ended143235266303
Arendyll5d 5h50147217290
Winyandor6d 11h50140210279
Felyndral5d 1h49149219275
Khelonaar5d 1h48149221313
Elcysandir5d 4h52154220308
Sinya Arda82h 26m53163229308
Ceravyn4d 17h49151223305
Harandar5d 1h44142220311

Deleted User - 1178646

I got the last piece this morning. I didn't buy the stash or spend any diamonds, but I did focus on getting all the 79 slots I could. I know that was not the way they said to go; they said to concentrate on 22 and 23 in order to get the furthest on the maps. But I just didn't see it that way, so I kept going for 79 or 75, first of all, because none of the prizes absolutely sucked (I'm looking at you, 10 broken shards and inspiring meditations) and because they offered the most cash return as one of the prizes. It worked ... I got the 200 cash back or the 150 cash back maybe once out of every 10, which propelled me forward. Of course, I won't hit gold league ... I'm convinced you can't get that without spending diamonds. But this is good enough for me.
It's the high risk high reward approach. (thou I havent calculated the optimum chest this time as I havent spend anything yet)
Sometimes you want to beat the average.
Throwing 6 on 6 dices simultaniously is difficult but possible, throwing 100x6 is impossible.
The more dices you throw the more often you get closer to average. the more close you are to average the less chance to get gold. (or beating the average) but it can backfire and make you totally bomb an event.

If you want gold you need to go for the high stakes and get lucky approach. (assuming 1 of those is not really bad)

BrinDarby

Beta5m/ended143235266303
Arendyll5d 5h50147217290
Winyandor6d 11h50140210279
Felyndral80 hrs54163229292
Khelonaar80 hrs53163232330
Ceravyn4d 17h49151223305
Harandar80 hrs47156229324

Blueriven

Beta5m/ended143235266303
Arendyll5d 5h50147217290
Winyandor2d 17h60172235320
Felyndral80 hrs54163229292
Khelonaar80 hrs53163232330
Ceravyn4d 17h49151223305
Harandar80 hrs47156229324

Moho

Chef
Why do we have to rely on luck?

baby-crying-450.jpg

Moho

Chef
Because if there was no bad luck in free-to-play games, most of the money these games make would go away? And people would get bored and quit a lot faster if everything was just handed to them.
I refuse to believe you can spell it out while looking into that kid's eyes...

Alawishas

Because if there was no bad luck in free-to-play games, most of the money these games make would go away? And people would get bored and quit a lot faster if everything was just handed to them.
Actually those of us who have invested $100 or more in real money are more likely to walk away from a game that doesn't reward them for it. Even after an investment of cash the game is stacked against players and rather than just being frustrated, many get angry and walk away. It's a very poor business model for the game developers because rather than having long term investment from those willing to "pay to play", they cut off their revenue stream by lumping everyone into the same "luck of the draw" as everyone else. I personally will NO LONGER spend a nickle on this game because of it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Actually those of us who have invested $100 or more in real money are more likely to walk away from a game that doesn't reward them for it. Even after an investment of cash the game is stacked against players and rather than just being frustrated, many get angry and walk away. It's a very poor business model for the game developers because rather than having long term investment from those willing to "pay to play", they cut off their revenue stream by lumping everyone into the same "luck of the draw" as everyone else. I personally will NO LONGER spend a nickle on this game because of it.

Don't apply your personal view and bias to the larger player base. I have been playing over 5 years now and the game was harder and slower in the first couple of years. I started spending small amounts on the game after my first year or so, to show them I enjoyed the game, and since then I have spent about $5/month on average, or less than one meal a month at McDonalds or a large coffee at Starbucks.