• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Level of Residences

I am just entering Chapter 5. All my Residences are at level 15. When I try to upgrade them it shows me the "research" button and takes me back to show me where I am in Chapter 5. I don't see anything that will upgrade my houses and therefore give me more population. Any suggestions. Do I have to go to a higher Chapter before I can get past the level 15 upgrade?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yes if it says research then you have to wait until you have gotten to and researched the next residence upgrade. You will have to either build another residence or maybe you can find an event building in your inventory that you can place to give you some more population. Building or upgrading a Golden Abyss wonder will also give you population. Good luck!

Yes if it says research then you have to wait until you have gotten to and researched the next residence upgrade. You will have to either build another residence or maybe you can find an event building in your inventory that you can place to give you some more population. Building or upgrading a Golden Abyss wonder will also give you population. Good luck!
Thank you! I have as many as I can fit for the moment. I guess I will need to wait, but I will take you suggestion to keep upgrading my Golden Abyss. Thanks again. ~ Diamond

NightshadeCS

@DiamondBabyDoll I hope you don't mind that I took a peek at your city using Elvenstats, and I think you could free up quite a lot of room with a little rearranging. If you are going for a particular aesthetic and like things the way they are, just ignore all of what follows!

You have quite a few culture that don't need a road connection sitting along roads. You also have roads running on two sides of a lot of buildings. If you move some of those culture all the way to the left, you could end up with just one road between your two rows of houses.

Here is a quick rearrange done in ElvenArchitect. It is a much more regimented setup, but it removed 70 tiles of road, which gives you a lot more room to work with. As I said above, this is a specific strategy to get the most room out of your city. If you like things to look a certain way, then don't worry about my take on it. :)
DiamondBabyDoll 101820 small.jpg

truelinor

Wow, that's awfully nice of you, @NightshadeCS ! That would make a great service thread and if I have the time and the ability (OK, so I might could do it with this computer! lol) I would start one myself! But the time is the thing for me, I guess. Maybe someone already has?

Yes, @DiamondBabyDoll ! Nightshade's suggestions are really good and would help you with space issues - believe me, there are always space issues!

@DiamondBabyDoll I hope you don't mind that I took a peek at your city using Elvenstats, and I think you could free up quite a lot of room with a little rearranging. If you are going for a particular aesthetic and like things the way they are, just ignore all of what follows!

You have quite a few culture that don't need a road connection sitting along roads. You also have roads running on two sides of a lot of buildings. If you move some of those culture all the way to the left, you could end up with just one road between your two rows of houses.

Here is a quick rearrange done in ElvenArchitect. It is a much more regimented setup, but it removed 70 tiles of road, which gives you a lot more room to work with. As I said above, this is a specific strategy to get the most room out of your city. If you like things to look a certain way, then don't worry about my take on it. :)
View attachment 8509
Oh my gosh! This is amazing. I am going to really study it and see if I can't rearrange things once I have a little room to move things around. It was very kind of you to do this for me and no of course I have no problem with you looking at my city. Thank you so much for your kindness! <3

Wow, that's awfully nice of you, @NightshadeCS ! That would make a great service thread and if I have the time and the ability (OK, so I might could do it with this computer! lol) I would start one myself! But the time is the thing for me, I guess. Maybe someone already has?

Yes, @DiamondBabyDoll ! Nightshade's suggestions are really good and would help you with space issues - believe me, there are always space issues!
Thank you. Yes, I am going to take her suggestions and try to move things around.