• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood

Pheryll

Set Designer
I originally had high hopes for the Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood, but looking at its stats in the wiki, it does not seem to be all that good, and may indeed become worse as updates unroll.

First the mana quantity is fixed at 15% (taking up 24 squares it holds its weight given you have at least 160 other squares devoted to mana and IF all these mana sources are polished). The lack of improvement from the 15% to higher values as the wonder levels up means that it will barely make a mana difference assuming all mana sources are constantly polished (some might not be able to be polished like the second grand prize of this last event).

Second, the need for mana buildings to be polished does not work well with the quick visit implementation found in mobile. High mana producing buildings will have a lower culture than your typical population and culture building. This means that the buildings that this wonder helps are the least likely to be polished, as mobile will keep on picking the highest culture for the culture option.

Third, the spell buff is of little overall significance. Unlike the crystal lighthouse/great bellspire and the watchtower ruins, the lighthouse of good neighborhood does not help toward gaining the excess 25% culture needed for the ensorceled endowment spell to produce any benefit. While this lighthouse of good neighborhood does have good synergy with the crystal lighthouse/great bellspire, the synergy is more of a dependence on the other being there to allow it to work. With the upcoming chapters and lack of significant extra space coming, it is likely that excess culture sources will diminish instead of increase.

DeletedUser9601

Thank you for doing the math/analysis. My gut reaction to this AW was "meh," and its nice to have it confirmed. It would be an okay lighthouse in a perfect world (e.g., if I got all my mana from high-culture Grape Farms), but since the best mana buildings are usually small, low-culture event prizes, I will likely be skipping this AW.