• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Limbo Mode

do u like it?

• yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser321

to rebuild the city we have either have free space (and alot of it) or tosell some buildings, rebuild then build them back.

Both options are not acceptable in the ghigh development

So i have perfect suggestion - Limbo Mode
turning this mode on will transfer everything (roads, houses, culture buildings, wonders, etc, EXEPT Main hall) into Limbo Inventory, then player may rebuild his city with ease, BUT to make it bit more complex there will be rules:

1. Limbo inventory items will be sold aotomaticly after 24hrs within Limbo Inwentory
2. Limbo inwentory items are worth 1/10 of standard sell price + sold wonders wont return any runes or rune fragments.
3. Any1 may cancel limbo mode and return City to its prev state but with a price of "hold" all production for 12 hours
MissAnthropy moved this thread to The Lounge.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser321

why this was moved? this is an idea so it should be in ideas

DeletedUser

why this was moved? this is an idea so it should be in ideas

Good question. I'd message the Top Mod and ask why it as moved from Suggestions to The Lounge. Or ask the Mod who moved it why it was moved? (MissAnthropy() They may have moved it by mistake? Or delete it if you can and re-post in under the Suggestions threads again. *smh*

DeletedUser68

I moved it to the Lounge because it seems to be facetious. Perhaps even a Red Herring.
  • Folks would scream bloody murder if the Cat died or something and they couldn't log on for a while, and lost their stuff. Nowhere else in the game will inattention cause you to lose something that you've already earned and collected. This would be a nightmare for the Game Mods.
  • Why wouldn't folks just move stuff back into the city before they sold it
  • Returning to a check point gets REALLY ugly. Just for starters, what happens to trades that were executed while your city was in limbo.
To be blunt, this concept isn't even close to being feasible.

DeletedUser

I moved it to the Lounge because it seems to be facetious. Perhaps even a Red Herring.
  • Folks would scream bloody murder if the Cat died or something and they couldn't log on for a while, and lost their stuff. Nowhere else in the game will inattention cause you to lose something that you've already earned and collected. This would be a nightmare for the Game Mods.
  • Returning to a check point gets REALLY ugly. Just for starters, what happens to trades that were executed while your city was in limbo.

I have to agree, it is not feasible as the concept is outlined. And yes, Support and you Mods here would have a riot on your hands. But as a starting point for a discussion on a way to temporarily store builds, fora fee of course, and a sizable one IMO, it could change and become feasible. Take the selling out of the equation, limit it to temporary storage for city rearrangement, with a time limit. Once the time is up, if you have not effectively replaced all builds back into your city in the space you have, your city reverts back to it's previous state and you lose your gold, goods, supplies, etc. No loss of the builds, just the costs to place items into Limbo while you redesign.

I still think it has merit for discussion, and do not believe the OP meant it to be facetious in any way. If it is a bad idea, it is a bad idea, and it can die a slow death, sinking into the rejects pile in the archives. Just my thoughts.

DeletedUser

Yes, moving this idea was a mistake and an outright insult to the original poster. Free to share thoughts? I don't f*cking think so.

DeletedUser

Pretty much everything you listed is opinion. Moderators should be unbiased.

DeletedUser

Pretty much everything you listed is opinion. Moderators should be unbiased.
Agreed. Forums are supposed to be for open discussion of ideas and mechanics and tactics and... unless a Mod thinks it is a bad idea or dislikes it. Or the OP isn't in their pocket...

DeletedUser

B0uqdVqCYAIJZHc.jpg