• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Link Spire and Tournament catering goods selection to individual player trader offers

Palavyn

When determining which goods to require in an encounter, it would be nice if what the player is being OFFERED in the trader is taken into account. For example, let's say that there are 3-star trades offering scrolls, planks, and moonstone that I can accept. So then when the game decides which goods to require for catering, make it a high probability that it's going to require scrolls, planks, and/or moonstone. If no 3-star trades are up, then it would most likely choose from the 2-star trades available. Rarely would it require a good that is not being offered to that player via a 2 or 3 star trade that can be accepted.

This should simultaneously solve the unfair unbalance of goods issue and encourage more trading between players.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Or you could bypass the whole thing and just ask for "T1," "T2," or "T3" goods and accept any and all of the level required. But then again that would make the game easier, not more interesting. Thus, as Ashrem says, (in my words, not his), "easy isn't the goal, interesting and fun is."

AJ

Palavyn

Or you could bypass the whole thing and just ask for "T1," "T2," or "T3" goods and accept any and all of the level required. But then again that would make the game easier, not more interesting. Thus, as Ashrem says, (in my words, not his), "easy isn't the goal, interesting and fun is."

AJ

I'm looking for BALANCE. ALL three of my sentient goods are in lowest demand on the server (Moonstone, Obsidian, and Cosmic Bismuth). It's annoying dealing with this. No one ever demands them in trades, and I typically have to post at a loss in order to get someone to take the trades in a timely manner.

Note: T1, T2, and T3 goods are no problem. If this were applied only with SENTIENT goods it would be great.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm looking for BALANCE. ALL three of my sentient goods are in lowest demand on the server (Moonstone, Obsidian, and Cosmic Bismuth). It's annoying dealing with this. No one ever demands them in trades, and I typically have to post at a loss in order to get someone to take the trades in a timely manner.

Note: T1, T2, and T3 goods are no problem. If this were applied only with SENTIENT goods it would be great.
There is no such thing as selling "at a loss" unless you are posting nonboosted goods or offering your boost at a ridiculous giveaway. But if you can make 200 of a boosted item for the same time and money as you can make only 50 of a nonboosted item, then selling that boost at 200 to get 190 of a nonboost is not "selling at a loss." It's still selling at a big gain. Three star trades, if you post your boosted good for less of a nonboosted good, is a great trade, replenishes your stocks and gets you what you need quickly. I've looked at it that way since day 1 and I'm almost never out of goods.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yea, balance is a problem. I am boosted in sentient in planks, silk and gems (my boosted+1) so I produce gum, velvet and bismuth, all of which are never asked for in the trade. So I simply produce a lot of three and trade with a 10% discount. Maybe I'm lucky but my trades almost always get taken in a hour or less. Given the server is overloaded with the three (as evidenced that nobody wants them but everybody offers them), I'm rather surprised I don't have to offer them at an even steeper discount. The long and short of which means that while the system does seem to be imbalanced, it isn't so much that you can't get what you need without having to pay the very steep wholesaler price. Thus, the change you suggest may not be really necessary since the "solution" seems to be only mildly costly, at least in my case.

AJ

Palavyn

Someone boosted in platinum doesn't have to post any trades at a loss if they want to get moonstone. They don't have to wait for their trades to get accepted. They simply accept 3-star trades (10,000 moonstone for 9500 platinum) that almost always seem to be up. In other words, they don't have to waste time getting what they need AND they get a better exchange rate. Meanwhile, you and I have to work for it AND we get a worse exchange rate, all because that's the way things are and there's no way to change it. I think I'm going to start a new thread to talk about sentient goods.

Yogi Dave

When determining which goods to require in an encounter, it would be nice if what the player is being OFFERED in the trader is taken into account. For example, let's say that there are 3-star trades offering scrolls, planks, and moonstone that I can accept.
There are several problems with this that could lead to scamming the intent.
  • If there is a lot of one good in the trader when you look at the encounter, but decide to not do it and come back later to do it, do the goods get recalculated? If so, you could wait for a better trader mix.
  • If you have a lot of one good, you could place a huge trade of it which would skew the trader to select the goods you want it to choose. Think about people with several million of a good.
  • Or, someone may have done that already and you can't take such a huge trade, thus get stuck without being able to do the encounter.
  • When a new chapter comes out, there is often a glut of one good or another as many people are at the same place in the tech tree. This creates and artificial glut and scarcity in the trader of goods.
  • Currently tournaments require more of 3 goods than the others. This would change that. The spire works differently and tourneys will change when the new tourney rules go live.
  • Regardless on the solution to some of the mentioned problems, it seems like there would always be a way to scam the system and control what goods you would tend to require.
  • The trader would have to be analyzed ever time an encounter is opened which could place a burden on the servers, depending on how the code structure is.
These are just the ones I thought of off the top of my head, there may be others or some of these may not be a real problem, but they would need to be considered.

Also, given that major changes are about to come about for tourneys, this is probably not an optimal time to be suggesting changes of this sort. It may be best to wait until the dust settles from those changes.
I simply produce a lot of three and trade with a 10% discount. Maybe I'm lucky but my trades almost always get taken in a hour or less.
I do the same and the S goods do go quickly. The moonstone set produces gum and bismuth, so they are over abundant and tend to require the 10% bonus, but that's another story. I think people are used to the overproduction of those S goods and may be waiting until someone places good 3 star trades. I wouldn't have the patience for that.