• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Locked from province completion

I can't use the magic academy to produce items because I am out of marble relics. When I try to obtain more through marble provinces they all say "LOCKED" They indicate that I have to solve surrounding provinces. However, I have a marble province that is completely surrounded! What do I have to do to unlock it now?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
What chapter are you in? I suspect that it's an early chapter, and that's a tough spot. If you can't unlock a marble province, then the only things you can do is to check the MA several times a day to see if you can craft marble relics, and to make sure to give gifts every day in the hopes that one of the three chests you get will give a marble relic. You can also get marble relics from at least one or two provinces in the tournament. The Tournament doesn't give all the same relics now ... it gives a variety of different ones. Get as far as you can in the tournament and you may pick up some.

Darielle

Btw, the tournament only lasts through tomorrow afternoon, and then you'll have to wait till Tuesday for another one to start, so you'll need to hurry to start working on it.

I'm in Woodelves. I do check the MA all the time but since I have needed them, they don't appear. It just sucks that I have surrounded a province as the game indicates that I have to do to unlock the marble province that I need and it still locks me out! bummer!

BrinDarby

It just sucks that I have surrounded a province as the game indicates that I have to do to unlock the marble province that I need and it still locks me out! bummer!
if even 1 adjacent province is completed, then its not that thats lock'n
you out, perhaps you don't have the coins for it ????

Darielle

If a province is locked, it means you must complete the provinces around it. In Wood Elves you should be past the terrible part, where people overscout and most provinces are red or orange. You should be getting into the blue and green by now. So if they're locked, just complete the provinces around them and then you can unlock it. Am I missing something?

Hi Darielle. I have completed all the provinces around the one that I need. I do have a bunch of yellows to complete but I need this particular province (marble) so I can use the MA. I have tried to manage my relics but wound up using a bunch of them in the last challenge. Thanks.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
You didn't say if you were playing on mobile, which can be counter intuitive for problem solving. Have you upgraded your Main Hall, which changes size in this chapter? You may need to do this.
But rather than play 20 questions you could open a Support ticket and ask.

Darielle

Hi Darielle. I have completed all the provinces around the one that I need. I do have a bunch of yellows to complete but I need this particular province (marble) so I can use the MA. I have tried to manage my relics but wound up using a bunch of them in the last challenge. Thanks.
I've never seen a province locked that had every one around them completed (not simply scouted). Yes, by all means file a support ticket. You can do so in game at the bottom right of your screen (the one that looks like a nut, as in "nuts and bolts." Click on the question mark and it will take you to support.)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Not just completed scouting the provinces touching the one you want, you have to actually complete all the encounters in one of those provinces in between your city and the locked province before the one you want to scout becomes unlocked.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Each province has a two stages to completion. Discovery and Encounters. That the first needs to be done, and can be done is designated as "unlocked." If it's unlocked it has a spyglass on it, surrounded by a ring colored with it's difficulty. If it's Locked it has, naturally, a lock on it. (The blue arrow points to it). But before you can scout it, at least one province next to it has to be unlocked, scouted and then "completed" The province next to the locked one is not yet completed. It shows the icon of the type of province it is. The red arrow points to a crystal province.

Technically, in my opinion, the second (red arrow) province is unlocked, but since it's not yet completed, it locks the blue one. When I first started I thought once you "unlocked" a province it was done. Took a long time to realize that really "unlocking" (meaning, to me making it completely useful) is a two step process. Scout and Encounter. And I've heard the term "unlocked" to mean both or each. So this is just t clarify. Have you not only scouted, but also done the encounters in the provinces next to your marble one?

Locked Province.PNG

AJ

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I have had one province open and surrounded by others, but never a locked one. Lol

thank you to everyone who took an interest in my question and took the time to respond and help me. "Completing" the province was where I was hung up and so I am chalking this up to a learning curve. thanks to everyone!