• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Looking for a friendly fellowship

DeletedUser4628

Hello, I'm a new player but am very much enjoying the game and would like to find a fellowship that is friendly and laid back cause I'm friendly and laid back :D I'm definitely playing every day and plan to continue doing so. I visit every neighbor I can and am actively doing the scouting and negotiations to expand so I can visit more. Currently my rank is 13219 and my score is 794. My boosted goods are Steel (currently 123%), Crystal and Elixir although right now I just have the tier one goods. I have 3 steel factories, 2 marble and 2 planks going right now. I'm trying to balance upgrading houses, workshops and manufactories with expanding on the map so it all levels up together but if anyone has tips for what I should be putting more focus on I'd sure love to hear them! Am also doing those quests and those are great! I've been reading a lot of how to play posts here and although I probably don't have it all down yet I love that people have taken the time to write those. I do want to say that I really would not be interested in joining any fellowship in which the chat is, let's just say, not very clean. I'm not a young person but my chat is always child friendly and I'm hoping to find a fellowship that is respectful of others. Thank you!

DeletedUser4628

Thank you drakkinfire! I've joined his fellowship and am really looking forward to being a valued member. :D

DeletedUser3640

I have 3 steel factories, 2 marble and 2 planks going right now. I'm trying to balance upgrading houses, workshops and manufactories with expanding on the map so it all levels up together but if anyone has tips for what I should be putting more focus on I'd sure love to hear them!

Focus on manufactories that produce your boosted goods. And by focus I mean sell (or don't build) the rest of them, in your case - sell planks and marble manufactories. By doing this:

1) you'll get much more goods by trading your steel for planks and marble, hopefully I don't have to explain why;
2) you'll be able to progress a lot faster, because you'll be able to buy KP with your goods;
3) you'll help your fellowship;
4) you'll save a lot of supplies and coins.

DeletedUser4628

That is wonderful advice Reiq, thank you! Now that I'm in a fellowship and drakkinfire has also taught me some stuff about trading I'll definitely sell the planks and marble factories. I was wondering how many steel factories I should have? I know it's kind of a personal choice and I read in one of the how to play posts that 2-3 is usually a good number which is why I did that but I guess I'm wondering if building more steel factories would be beneficial or just cause problems in other areas such as population, space, culture, etc?

DeletedUser3640

I'm wondering if building more steel factories would be beneficial or just cause problems in other areas such as population, space, culture, etc?

It might cause problems, mainly with population (and space, if you're not going to buy expansions with diamonds - it's just a temporary problem though). Don't worry about culture, your fellowship and neighbors will help you gain some bonuses with neighborly help later on, even if you keep it at zero.

Number depends on your playstyle (basically on a "free" time you have):

Nr.1: build as much as possible, seriously, you might end up with 15-20 manufactories at that will be just ok;

Pros:

a) drastically speeds up your progress in tech tree (because you'll be able to spend the surplus to get more knowledge points);
b) you'll always have necessary goods for upgrades, tournaments and negotiation in provinces;
c) your fellowship will love you;
d) you'll climb up ranks (gain score) really fast.

Cons:

a) you'll have to forget about military aspect of the game - that means no armories (with such strategy armories will just take your precious space, culture and population);
b) you'll have to cut the number down eventually - you'll run out of population and culture;
c) your fellowship might end up hating you - because you'll take all the trades (lol);
d) you'll need to log in several times per day (at least every 3h up to 3-4 times) to reset the production and gather supplies - otherwise effectivity of such strategy drops;
e) your city will look weird.

Nr.2: build 8-10

Pros:

a) you'll have space for upgraded barracks and 1-2 armories which means that you'll have an army too;
b) your progress in tech tree will be going at normal rate;
c) it's a "normal" game experience, because you're mixing both combat and trading;
d) most of the time you'll have necessary goods for upgrades, tournaments and negotiation in provinces;

Cons:

No cons.

Nr.3: build 5-6 (I strongly advise you not to build less than 5)

Pros:

a) you'll have a lot of space and you won't struggle with population;
b) you'll never have to cut down this number at any stage of the game;

Cons:

a) you'll struggle with goods for upgrades, tournaments and negotiation in provinces (most of the time);
b) like with strategy Nr.1 you'll need to log in constantly to reset the production of goods;
c) your progression in tech tree will be super slow.

Personal recommendation:

1) build at least 8 steel manufactories (up to 10), at least 4 crystal manufactories (up to 5) and at least 3 elixir manufactories (up to 4);

aaaand some tips:

2) don't build armories at all or build just one (at some stage of the game quest for building/upgrading multiple armories will appear - just decline it);
3) don't waste diamonds (if you're going to get them) on cultural buildings... magic residences and workshops are bugged right now, so don't buy them either for now.

P.S. I really regret that I didn't know about strategy Nr.1 when I started....because I can play this game all day long due to my work, but it's kinda "nerd-y" and is not suited for everyone....so just pick whatever works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4628

WOW! This is just amazing! I think you totally get me cause I love detailed explanations and thank you so much for this! I'm going to go with your personal recommendation. I am able to play a lot during the day as I'm a disabled vet so don't have much else to do except the computer and I r definitely a gamer who loves the building games :D . I read that the combat route isn't necessary until I get to orc's so I'm happy about that since I prefer the negotiations anyway and now I won't have to worry about upgrading the barracks and armory for awhile at least. I really do appreciate all of this info as I'm big on efficiency and it just bugs me when I find out later in a game that I wasted time and/or resources because I didn't know enough. Maybe you'd consider reposting this information in the newbie forum, it's extremely helpful! Thank you again Reiq :D

DeletedUser2396

Another tip i wish i had KNown early on in the game - try to not negotiate provinces past the Advanced Scout in each Chapter Advance otherwise your scouting costs will rise along with the time it takes to scout the province and the Army's you will be fighting will increase while your Troops decrease you want to have the # of Provinces scouted that the Advanced Scout at each new Chapter advises for you to have scouted - go past it and you will have problems down the road.

SK

DeletedUser4628

I wondered why the scouting costs were getting so high, didn't make sense. I've been opening a lot of provinces and although I'm still in chapter 2 I've opened 37/30 provinces so the chapter 3 chest is ready to open when I get my research up to there. But I didn't realize that had anything to do with the scouting costs. I only negotiate the encounters instead of battle because I really don't understand the battle system and it just seems much too complicated to try to figure out. Thank you very much for your advice, I'm definitely going to stop opening provinces until I can get everything researched through chapter 3. Seems a very complex system, would be nice if it were easier to figure out.