• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic Academy: Confirm collection option

nolats44

Suggestion: The magic academy should have a checkbox that (when checked) requires confirmation before collection

Current situation: When the mouse is over the building, it shows the current production or the resources ready for collection if nothing is currently being produced. When the building is clicked, all resources are collected.

Proposed situation (with the box checked): When the building is clicked, a dialog window would appear showing the resources ready for collection and asking "Do you want to collect these resources?". The user would confirm or cancel.

Proposed situation (with the box unchecked): Same as current situation

Pros:
1. The player can preview what is ready for collection without stopping what is currently being produced
2. The risk of accidental collection during events or just before fellowship adventures is eliminated

Cons:
1. Dragging the mouse over a row of buildings that includes the magic academy might be tricky logic. Possibly the building could just be skipped when the confirmation box is checked.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@nolats44
Above the 'read-before-posting' threads are a list of threads labeled 'Forwarded' and made into sticky posts. Those represent ideas/suggestions that cleared all the hurdles here on the forum and moved forward in the process. Since there are varied personal styles to presenting, I'd recommend taking a look at the first post (the only thing voted on and sent forward to the CM level after clearing the process here) of several of those. One or more may give you some ideas you want to incorporate as you shepherd this idea through the process.

nolats44

@nolats44
Above the 'read-before-posting' threads are a list of threads labeled 'Forwarded' and made into sticky posts. Those represent ideas/suggestions that cleared all the hurdles here on the forum and moved forward in the process. Since there are varied personal styles to presenting, I'd recommend taking a look at the first post (the only thing voted on and sent forward to the CM level after clearing the process here) of several of those. One or more may give you some ideas you want to incorporate as you shepherd this idea through the process.
Thanks. I did look at that one at lunch.

defiantoneks

while i appreciate the idea (believe me i've accidentally collected a hoard of cats & MMs right before a FA starts)
here's the rub: it currently collects just like all other producing buildings. so logic would say then they're gonna want ALL of those to have a confirm.

what would be cool to me is a new tool for navigating ONLY. so you could pan all over the city with no worry about selecting or collecting anything. right now the space is so cramped there's barely any space available to move around withing kicking something over. so if i had a hand tool or "view mode" or something to allow me to move around that would be awesome, and resolve the accidental clicking.

Yogi Dave

what would be cool to me is a new tool for navigating ONLY. so you could pan all over the city with no worry about selecting or collecting anything. right now the space is so cramped there's barely any space available to move around withing kicking something over. so if i had a hand tool or "view mode" or something to allow me to move around that would be awesome, and resolve the accidental clicking.
I have learned to put the city in 'Move' mode during those times I don't want to collect, such as during events and pre-FA. However, that doesn't help with keeping my CC collection in the MA between FAs since that is months. I just have to be careful. Last FA I had 243 CCs waiting there for me.

So, while I agree with the concept, it seems like it would be awkward to fully define: If done just for the MA, people would complain about all the other buildings (well, we will complain either way) and what happens when the MA is accidentally hit while collecting (I'm glad that is mentioned in the concept post.)

Last, @nolats44, welcome to the ideas and suggestions section. It can seem brutal at times in here, but mainly we are looking to make a concept complete so it will make it to the developers. Then we can end up waiting years before they actually act on it.

defiantoneks

right. you cant have anything directled solely at changing the MA.
what i mean is (and perhaps was not part of @Yogi Dave response above) is that by default the only "tool" we have is the hand/pointy finger. this is used to both navigate AND collect. so if we had a tool, or an option in preferences to control how the hand worked, we'd be able to say, turn off auto collect or have a different tool responsible. maybe keep the hand as the default tool that is active when you log in but have it ONLY useful for scrolling around, then you select a "collect" tool to go about your city management just like the move tool has to be selected to reconfigure the city. so rather than make any change to the buildings themselves, we'd change how we interact with the game.

i was going to screen snap it and make a prettier description but of course cursors disappear when you take a snap.