• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic residence upgrades

Jules 2

I am fast approaching the superior residence upgrades in research but my magic residences will also need a 'blueprint'. I can not find these anywhere. Can someone give me an idea where I might win, buy or acquire these please

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I am fast approaching the superior residence upgrades in research but my magic residences will also need a 'blueprint'. I can not find these anywhere. Can someone give me an idea where I might win, buy or acquire these please
Blueprints are the top reward from tournaments, only a very few fellowships get these each week, so you will most likely need to spend diamonds if you wish to upgrade magic buildings.

DeletedUser12390

Blueprints are the top reward from tournaments, only a very few fellowships get these each week, so you will most likely need to spend diamonds if you wish to upgrade magic buildings.

I have to say this is a very bad move on the gamemakers part! So, let me get this straight; you have to be in a super active fellowship, or you are #@$% out of luck. Nothing we can do but "keep" spending money on something we already spent lots of $$ on. Very poor of them.
This causes people to leave the game, they get frustrated by the bad gaming design.
The need to find a way that one can individually "win" blueprints.

So, either leave your fellowship that is a nice bunch of people, and join a competitive one or "too bad, spend more $".
No wonder people drop out, I've neighbors all around me that left the game ""Over a Year Ago".

edeba

I think purchasing magic buildings early in the game is a mistake as you can get through the chapters fairly quickly but I think where I am I will win enough blue prints to upgrade all of my magic buildings. I know I have a bunch, but there is no way for me to see how many I have. You can only see won blueprints when you have a magic building in need of upgrading and mine are all fully upgraded. I think magic buildings are an excellent game feature from about chapter 9 on, although if you go all magic buildings you will also end up paying to upgrade some even if you win blueprints weekly.

Risen Malchiah

Sound like I made big mistake in spending the diamonds on these in the first place.
Thanks for clearing that up
If you don't have many, I would keep them and eventually perhaps you'll be in an active fellowship that decides to push ahead in the tournament. All it takes for a fellowship of 25 is everyone getting around 1600 points which is actually quite easy to achieve if everyone prepares a few weeks in advance. It's just that in too many fellowships, some do 1600-2500 points regularly while others do 30. That does not help. (1600 is what I do minimum every week for the last 6 months or so to try and lead by example and often get more like 2500. But again, I'm always saddled by leeches who do 1 province and stop.)

Going forward, I recommend using diamonds on things that will absolutely be permanent, such as province expansions (but not too many since they start to get expensive), an extra builder, or an upgrade to the magic academy which can help a lot and helps use all the extra relics you'll get from the tournaments. I'd avoid culture buildings (which easily get replaced as you move up the chapters) and instead focus on getting a few good buildings from special events. The Halloween event isn't a good example, but the recent Eldrasil's event and the upcoming winter event are better examples.

DeletedUser10008

Jules, be aware that the magic building upgrades do not correspond with the research tree, they are available for upgrade at the beginning of each chapter. Nor do they accomplish the quests on each chapter for the upgrade to certain level. Support is looking at that, and asks you to submit a ticket so they can clear the quest for you! Also, the magic buildings are far more advanced than the regular ones, so do not think your magic building must achieve the same level requested on the quest lines. Example; a level 8 magic workshop is equal to a level 21 regular workshop. By the way, a magic building produces about twice what it's equivalent regular one does, so you will save space in your city with them!

DeletedUser3507

I like them and have 95% magic residences.. And quite a few blueprints, my FS goes after them weekly and gets them.

DeletedUser12390

I think purchasing magic buildings early in the game is a mistake as you can get through the chapters fairly quickly but I think where I am I will win enough blue prints to upgrade all of my magic buildings. I know I have a bunch, but there is no way for me to see how many I have. You can only see won blueprints when you have a magic building in need of upgrading and mine are all fully upgraded. I think magic buildings are an excellent game feature from about chapter 9 on, although if you go all magic buildings you will also end up paying to upgrade some even if you win blueprints weekly.

FYI: Even if it says "new member" to forum, I am a long time experienced member. Half way though Orcs, now.... Just not active here. So my magic houses are advanced. Chap 7 up. And glad I built them too. I have never once ran out of coins, ever. I do like them. But my comment was about the blueprints. But I would recommend getting a few and my 4 magic factories cause me to never run out of supples if I slap a spell on them when they are done. I do recomend them. Just pissed at a few cheap moves by the game makers.

dikke ikke

The only thing worth spending diamonds on are expansions. I have no magical residences nor workshops and I also never run out of coins nor supplies, the instants help of course when you go really low. I just received 200 diamonds for reaching the next level so in 3 levels, the current one included, I will have enough diamonds to buy my first expansion :D

edeba

Orcs is not building magic buildings early. My comment was not a reflection on your status on the forum, but really specific to actually building magic buildings early. I am not sure which chapter upgrading and costs change, but fairies is probably the earliest I think magic buildings should be considered. They are cheaper in the lower chapters, but in some cases you can get through a chapter super, super fast. By fairies it probably takes at least a month to get through the chapter...

FYI: Even if it says "new member" to forum, I am a long time experienced member. Half way though Orcs, now.... Just not active here. So my magic houses are advanced. Chap 7 up. And glad I built them too. I have never once ran out of coins, ever. I do like them. But my comment was about the blueprints. But I would recommend getting a few and my 4 magic factories cause me to never run out of supples if I slap a spell on them when they are done. I do recomend them. Just pissed at a few cheap moves by the game makers.

Risen Malchiah

I just received 200 diamonds for reaching the next level so in 3 levels, the current one included, I will have enough diamonds to buy my first expansion :D
If you keep up to date on the quests, it will be even quicker. You get 200 for opening the chest into the next chapter, plus 200 diamonds for the last quest in each guest race chapter for 400 total per chapter. This makes dwarves the most difficult chapter (due to less expansions and the learning curve) with the following chapters being slightly easier. Lots of people have problems with orcs, but overall I'd say it comes down to how much space you devote to it. With enough farms and rally points, even the dreaded orcs becomes pretty easy. :)

DeletedUser7370

The only thing worth spending diamonds on are expansions.
I would tend to disagree with this statement. I find that my early game purchase to bring my builders up to 4 was an excellent choice. As I develop more, using the power of provision spell starts to be more effective; which makes the diamonds spent on upgrading the magic academy also a good choice.

Additionally I used to run 10 workshops at L15, and did not upgrade them because of the space and shape changes they would go through. Early in the orcs chapter I was able to do some rearranging to push the workshops up to 19, but in the process sold 5. When I finish bringing them up to L21 they will produce slightly more than my 10@L15 did. The big difference each L15 took 12 squares and each L21 takes 18 squares; so the space taken is the exact same, but I only need 5 PoP spells to triple my production. Efficient use of space makes buying expansions unnecessary.

dikke ikke

An expansion does not loose its value, if you have 4 builders and they are all idle, where is your added value then ?

DeletedUser9601

An expansion does not loose its value, if you have 4 builders and they are all idle, where is your added value then ?
Yes, but each expansion you get for free reduces the value of your purchased one. If you have 4 free expansions and you buy a 5th, great, you have 25% more space than non-paying players.

But by the time you get to Orcs and have 72 free expansions, your purchased expansion is now getting you 1.4% more space than non-paying players.

DeletedUser7370

if you have 4 builders and they are all idle, where is your added value then ?
The added value is in all the stuff that got done much sooner. For example when someone unlocks a new residence upgrade and has 40 residences to do. The value is very clear in getting them all done in half the time that it would take a person that never bought an extra builder. Let's see: 40 residences, 2 upgrades each, at about 16 hours, gives 1280 builder hours. That would take 2 builders 26.67 days or can be done by 4 builders in 13.34 days. Giving the city with 4 builders, 13 days of more coins and population for other buildings and also 4 builders available for 13 days to do the rest of the city; all while the guy that bought an expansion instead can't build anything on it because his builders are still busy with that housing upgrade.