• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Magic Residences - Workshops from Update 1.100

DeletedUser22644

Update 1.100 says "For Chapters 13 and 15, Magic Residences now unlock once the first research was finished, rather than requiring the respective Residence Researches to be finished mid-Chapter."

This does appear to work but unless I am totally wrong they unlock on the prior chapter building. How can this be correct, should they be like every other chapter and unlock the new chapters building?

Al

NightshadeCS

Yesterday, I won a magic residence in the Spire. I am in Sorcerers & Dragons chapter (meaning I have completed Advanced Scouts for S&D), but I have not completed the research for upgraded residences. The magic res I won was in the upgraded S&D style.

Not sure if this addresses your question correctly.

DeletedUser22644

No it doesn't I can't upgrade with blueprints and when I look at a new Magic Residence it is in the prior chapter shape and style.
@Alyndra can you look into this and see if it is a bug?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just to make sure other readers are not getting confused about this, the normal way it works is you have to complete the first research, normally Advanced Scouts, of a new chapter before you are counted as being in that chapter by the game. Chapters 13 and 15 were weird because you did not unlock the new chapter version of the Magic Residences until you completed the research to upgrade your normal residences. This fix was supposed to make those two chapters work the same as all the other chapters. If you have completed the first research in one of these chapters, Archaeology for chapter 13 or Advanced Scouts for chapter 15, or more, but not the residence research, you may need to use the in-game contact for Support, so that they can check and see what is wrong in your city.

One way to also check this, to see if the Store is glitching or not, is if you already have a Magic Residence in your city that is already chapter 12 or chapter 14, depending on what chapter you just finished. If you have one, go to the upgrade tab and see if it lets you upgrade or if it still says "research".

DeletedUser22644

That is exactly what is going on my current MR are showing research, and a new MR is the size and shape of the old chapter. However what is strange is I am in Chapter 14?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Enevhar Aldarion
I think it may be the Khelonarr/US4 city. That one's showing as still in Ch 13 on elvenstats even after I forced a refresh of city stats.
@ALLANONN
Have you activated the 'Port of the Central Island' tech in Ch14? If not, that's the problem. The game won't count you as 'in' Chapter14 until that is activated.
Side note:
I always have thought the lines marking the end of one chapter/beginning of the next in the tech tree should be moved to be after the tech that has to be activated to count you in the chapter. Just looks funny to me that I appear 'in' the chapter in research, but really, I'm not yet there.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@samidodamage I think you looked at someone else's city. Going by the same spelling, since I think out name here still has to match our name in the game, Allanonn only has two cities, Arendyll in chapter 12 and Elcysandir in chapter 11.

DeletedUser22644

This is where I am at

ed1960.png

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

I just checked the Wiki and it says for chapter 14 you still have to complete the first residence research to unlock the chapter 14 version of the magic residence. I think they made a mistake when they adjusted chapter 13 and 15, and should have adjusted chapter 14 and 15, or they should have fixed all three chapters. I really don't know to whose attention you should bring this.

DeletedUser22644

Well at least I am not going crazy, its either not fixed or it was missed in a prior fix, but not an error for sure.

Thank you both for your help and sorry for the confusion