• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Make Runes NON-TYPED

DeletedUser

With the new level 2 AW its great that people can get to it sooner, but if you already made it to the end of level 4 and already built level 1 of those 2 types, plus completed a ton of provinces, it becomes very hard to get more runes. Now my problem is I have over 150 provinces completed prior to starting the level 2 rune wheels and I have over 50 runes for the 2 I already had done. I am no where near level 5 (or is it 6) on them so I can't even get shards from them. When I finish a province I have a 1 in 2 (2 complete and 2 open) chance it will be for a type I already have more than 25 waiting for. In many ways you are penalizing EXISTING long running players with this. So now for my idea:

Make the runes NON-TYPED. That way when you get a rune you can spend it like a KP on any of the AW you need runes for. This way the longer run players are not hurt by the fact they didn't already get the runes at level 2 when they would have been MUCH easier. And we are not mad that we can't unlock even the shards from the ones we did open.

DeletedUser61

There's an approach that accomplishes much the same thing, but would be simpler to implement, and more natural.

Simply leave all of the Rune Wheel tabs open all of the time, for every Ancient Wonder that you've researched, regardless of its level, even if it has not been built.
  1. Your first 18 Rune Shards, on average, would fill up both your Rune Wheel AND your Broken Shard bar.
  2. Use the full Broken Shard bar to fill a Rune Wheel slot in any of the AWs that you have discovered.
  3. Come back and continue breaking the Rune Shards that you don't want anyway. The associated Rune Wheel will already be full, so you'll be getting a 50% yield of Broken Shards, and the other half of the Rune Shards would simply be wasted.
  4. At this point you'd be filling a single DESIRED Rune Wheel slot for every TWENTY undesirable Rune Shards.
This would TEMPT folks to go ahead and build minor Ancient Wonders, the Rune Wheel is already full after all, and they could thereby avoid wasting half of their Rune Shards.

The obvious strategy would be to fill all of your Rune Wheels as you go, and then break the Rune Shards that you won't ever be needing, or won't be needing until you've gotten closer to level 6, 11, 16, etc.

You may wish to review https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Ancient_Wonders#Rune_Shards

Jixel

1. Your first 18 Rune Shards, on average, would fill up both your Rune Wheel AND your Broken Shard bar.
  2. Use the full Broken Shard bar to fill a Rune Wheel slot in any of the AWs that you have discovered.
  3. Come back and continue breaking the Rune Shards that you don't want anyway. The associated Rune Wheel will already be full, so you'll be getting a 50% yield of Broken Shards, and the other half of the Rune Shards would simply be wasted.
  4. At this point you'd be filling a single DESIRED Rune Wheel slot for every TWENTY undesirable Rune Shards.

For a wonder which hasn't been built, with a full rune wheel, it is not possible to break more shards on that AW.

(I think this has come up before in discussions about AWs, can you update your "standard answer" for rune shards to take this into account ... )

DeletedUser

There's an approach that accomplishes much the same thing, but would be simpler to implement, and more natural.

Simply leave all of the Rune Wheel tabs open all of the time, for every Ancient Wonder that you've researched, regardless of its level, even if it has not been built.
This would TEMPT folks to go ahead and build minor Ancient Wonders, the Rune Wheel is already full after all, and they could thereby avoid wasting half of their Rune Shards.

The obvious strategy would be to fill all of your Rune Wheels as you go, and then break the Rune Shards that you won't ever be needing, or won't be needing until you've gotten closer to level 6, 11, 16, etc.

You may wish to review https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Ancient_Wonders#Rune_Shards

I have more issues with this than I can count.

1. It assumes you didn't build the aw site you want runes from (once built the rune menu goes away until level 5/6)
2. How did you fill a wheel with 20? If you could get a shard for every other (which I don't think is true based on the other users post) it takes 10 shards to get a rune. So 20 runes to get 10 shards to get 1 rune, times 9 runes means to do it that way you would need 180 runes.
3. How is that simpler than making them type-less. If getting a rune means I can use on any I want that is the easiest option. Plus then as a dev you just count 1 group vs an array by type.
4. I guess I was 3 things and I could count them.

DeletedUser61

For a wonder which hasn't been built, with a full rune wheel, it is not possible to break more shards on that AW.
Of course not, that's why it's a PROPOSAL (would be simpler to implement), which would facilitate the use of Off-Brand Rune Shards.
the rune menu goes away
Which is why I PROPOSED that it should be available at all times.
So 20 runes to get 10 shards to get 1 rune
If they're Off-Brand, exactly so.
How is that simpler than making them type-less
It's not simpler, nor is it intended to be simpler. If Runes were Typeless, then you might as well just use Relics/Coins/Supplies/Goods. The game REQUIRES you to do some planning to get the right Rune Shards, and jump through a few hoops, every 5th level for EACH Ancient Wonder.

Last edited by a moderator: