• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mana production

Matrickz

I have 2 woodelves habitats. 11 willows. 3 burning pools and 3 golden palace plus a lotus and a stonehedge all making mana. I think this is sufficient but am I correct? Should I maybe build 1 more willow?

fitress

Not knowing "where" you are, I'm pretty sure there are other units that give more Mana than a Willow. In fact, you might look at Arcane Libraries, as you can fit 5 of them in the same space as 3 Willows. There are lots of other combinations - I'm sure our resident Gurus will jump in and provide specifics. And by the way, I'm not sure you can ever have "sufficient" mana.

Matrickz

just started dragons. Arcane libraries seem to produce very little more mana so why are they better (less space?)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

I have 2 woodelves habitats. 11 willows. 3 burning pools and 3 golden palace plus a lotus and a stonehedge all making mana. I think this is sufficient but am I correct? Should I maybe build 1 more willow?
Define sufficient. Even tiny amounts of daily mana generation are "sufficient" to complete the chapter - it will just take a really long time. I was producing north of 200K mana a day in S&D, and that would be sufficient to complete the chapter in about 30 days.

If you don't have powerful mana producers (like Winter Market set, Carnival set etc) you will likely be short on mana no matter what you do - unless you're limited on something else even more. Burning Pools are very good, but you only have 3 of them. Everything else are not top mana generators.

And Arcane Libraries are much better than just about any regular mana producer (there are better ones in the later chapters if you can spare seeds). I'd rip all willows and habitats and replace these with libraries if you don't have access to better event buildings.

fitress

Yes, I do like the size, as it makes it easier to move them around. @MinMax Gamer sets the rest of it out pretty well. I don't do Event buildings, one of the reasons being that they, or Set buildings always seem to take up so much room. I wouldn't stop the presses to rip out the Willows & Habitats, but would certainly lean towards replacing them with better (more efficient) stuff.

Matrickz

Well library is not an option yet. Need to unlock. Will replace willows but habitats give real nice population to so will hold off on those of course once library opens

Laochra

My oldest cities just recently made it into WoodElves. If I were to upgrade a WishingWell, or get one while in W.E., would mana be included in the random rewards?

Deleted User - 3932582

My oldest cities just recently made it into WoodElves. If I were to upgrade a WishingWell, or get one while in W.E., would mana be included in the random rewards?
Wishing Wells never produce mana, no matter which chapter you got them from.

kctanzen

Arcane libraries are outstanding regular build menu options for mana (assuming your play schedule lets you collect before they fill up all the time) -- 5 of them fit in the same space as 3 willows -- so you get a net gain of mana, slight loss of culture but also save a few squares of space. If your play schedule is such, and your culture can afford it, mana sawmills are also very good options. They pop up now and again in the crafting menu.

== Full disclosure .... I have 2 max mana frost carved trees and the owl set, among other sets / buildings that give me potloads of mana. I dont really rely on regular build stuff for that at the moment or for anytime in the foreseeable future.

Deleted User - 3932582

== Full disclosure .... I have 2 max mana frost carved trees and the owl set, among other sets / buildings that give me potloads of mana. I dont really rely on regular build stuff for that at the moment or for anytime in the foreseeable future.
Never say never ;) I have 3x Frost Carved Christmas Trees, Revelers Fountain, 10x Burning Pools, and still build up to 20x Arcane Libraries in-between chapters to boost mana production temporarily. You will need A LOT of mana later on, even without road upgrades.

HJK84

Wow wow wow! I have 15? Mana Huts, nothing beats them, due to the size and mana output, better than all the above ya'll mentioned.
Sets are of course different, but it depends on the set. I calculated with my current Carnival Set, I could replace it with Mana Huts, get more Mana and use less space, I don't care for the other resources given from the Sets.

The trouble might be, keeping the Mana Huts up to date, as in Chapter. You could upgrade them as you progress, but that would become costly. Only other way is to be lucky with a Event that pops up right when you need it and you replace them.

Good luck! :)

Deleted User - 3932582

The trouble might be, keeping the Mana Huts up to date, as in Chapter. You could upgrade them as you progress, but that would become costly. Only other way is to be lucky with a Event that pops up right when you need it and you replace them.
But unless you plan to stay in the same chapter forever (end game?), you can't ignore these costs. And the differences are quite significant. So if I upgrade my Revelers Fountain from Elementals to Amuni, I'll get extra 12K of mana for 9 RR spells (I only have 4 out of 5 links). To get corresponding increase from mana huts would take a whopping 30RR (1x mana hut is going +1600 mana for 4 RR, so +400 mana per RR).

Mana huts also need quite a few roads (sets only need 1 per set).

And you don't need a more efficient replacement for your T3 or seeds in the Tavern or Marching Band? I find it hard to believe. These are the highest efficiency producers out there (outside of Trader for seeds).

I mean, mana huts are great, but they are not end all be all. Their biggest problem is availability in volume. Remember, 1 success for daily in the event can net you 1 building - no matter the size. So if I can only get, say, 5 daily prizes, in Elementals it will get me 25K mana a day in mana huts, or 62K mana a day in burning pools. Now, huts are more efficient per tile, but it does me little good if I need volume of production.

kctanzen

Never say never ;) I have 3x Frost Carved Christmas Trees, Revelers Fountain, 10x Burning Pools, and still build up to 20x Arcane Libraries in-between chapters to boost mana production temporarily. You will need A LOT of mana later on, even without road upgrades.

Lots of mana requirements = more KP time to dump into wonders = A Very Good Thing for me.
I still have a pile of buildings in inventory not even used because I haven't needed them yet (re: burning pools / charming prince floats / golden palaces)
I prefer to go slow than fast and don't try to have the most efficient set up possible -- I have fun and socialize and use the game for cognitive therapy :)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I don't think it matters that much as to what buildings produce mana. Each person will have a preference based on multiple scenarios. I think the total daily production is more of a key factor as that will really determine if you have enough mana for your goals.

From a few towns I looked around at on elven stats a daily production of 50-100K seemed normal (only looked at 20ish towns). The end game towns seemed to be on the lower end as did towns with maze and/or abbey. Towns in the middle of the guest races tended to be more like 70-100K but again it varied based on different things including wonders/MA/tourny results (relics)

Deleted User - 3932582

I don't think it matters that much as to what buildings produce mana. Each person will have a preference based on multiple scenarios. I think the total daily production is more of a key factor as that will really determine if you have enough mana for your goals.

From a few towns I looked around at on elven stats a daily production of 50-100K seemed normal (only looked at 20ish towns). The end game towns seemed to be on the lower end as did towns with maze and/or abbey. Towns in the middle of the guest races tended to be more like 70-100K but again it varied based on different things including wonders/MA/tourny results (relics)
How does it not matter which building produce mana? ;) It is possible to produce the same daily amount using mana huts or using willows - willows will have a much, much larger footprint.

And is it the elvenstats numbers you're looking at for mana? Because these are very inaccurate (especially concerning sets). E.g. mine shows up as 125K, but my real production is 221K a day. So it's not exactly a small difference either.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Because most people will naturally gravitate to the best available option for their chapter. I have never seen someone in constructs ask if they should pop out another weeping willow. But the difference between 50K mana per day and 100K mana per day is significant.

Yes that was elven stats, havent got a faster way to quickly view different peoples production. Fair enough if it is that inaccurate.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Because most people will naturally gravitate to the best available option for their chapter. I have never seen someone in constructs ask if they should pop out another weeping willow. But the difference between 50K mana per day and 100K mana per day is significant.

Yes that was elven stats, havent got a faster way to quickly view different peoples production. Fair enough if it is that inaccurate.

How does the site count mana-producing buildings that are full in less than 24 hours and that can be collected more than once a day? For example, how does it treat the Burning Pools that are full every 12 hours. If it only counts them once per day and not twice, then players with a lot of them are going to have a much higher daily mana count than the site says.

Deleted User - 3932582

How does the site count mana-producing buildings that are full in less than 24 hours and that can be collected more than once a day? For example, how does it treat the Burning Pools that are full every 12 hours. If it only counts them once per day and not twice, then players with a lot of them are going to have a much higher daily mana count than the site says.
I assume that part works correctly, as index of mana-producing buildings has correct values. Sets are NOT counted correctly though - I believe they assume standalone buildings, and don't account for link bonuses. For Revelers Fountain for instance that makes a dramatic difference.

DeletedUser2870

@SoggyShorts,

Just as a note: you were right.

I've had a problem with the Wishing Wells not gaining me anywhere near the amounts of diamonds they should if the chance hovers around 10%.
About a month ago I placed 10 at once and in the last 33 days (54 collections/well, so 540 collections total, which should be enough to be representative statistically) I've noticed that on average I do seem to have about 10% yield in diamonds. However, in those 33 days I also noticed I have 2 wells that have not yielded diamonds at all yet, so I guess I just was very unlucky with the first ones I placed.