• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

MANUFACTORY CHALLANGE

SunsetDanar

The little mini events are usually very easy so so of like getting a gift. Some, like the last one that offered an Artifact at the end are worth the effort...Most are not so if you choose not to play, you really aren't losing much. Like any game though, in order to play it effectively, one must be aware of just what it is that comprises the game but, of course, no one is "forced" to become aware. But, hey...A little rant on occasion alleviates frustration and therefore is good for the disposition. lol

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
At the opposite end of the spectrum, I can confirm that if you had 150 manufactures set to 48 hour productions before Saturday, it is possible for this to be the shortest event you are ever likely to encounter.
upload_2019-9-2_14-46-15.png

And further, that you will experience some buildings not drawing fully

Socrates28

At the opposite end of the spectrum, I can confirm that if you had 150 manufactures set to 48 hour productions before Saturday, it is possible for this to be the shortest event you are ever likely to encounter.
View attachment 6425
And further, that you will experience some buildings not drawing fully
Your math is off. It only takes 90 t1 mfgs and I know people who did just that. I am one of them.

DeletedUser19458

I have around 130 I think ... running them all on 3 hrs. Built them this morning and in about 20 minutes I'll finish the event. So also possible in a single day, for those of us that didn't know about the event ahead of time :)

Arkadia

@Fairy Dust Can you pass on to the devs that rewarding only 10 points in these challenges for casting an Inspired Meditation is a joke? Every other enchantment you can cast multiple times on the same building, but the IM can only be used once every 48 hours, so it needs to be worth a lot more than 10 points. ...

i see ur point but still cracks me up :):D:p

Barnsley

Agree with what's been said.. doesn't really matter that there's no notice because you can choose to do it or not.. but the rewards? Really??? Clear up some space, put in multiple small manufactories, start doing multiple short term productions, get the first 1 or 2 levels quite easily and then notice that the last reward would take a boatload of time and effort for a few 2h speed ups? At 10 points a time (for most items) I don't see how anyone could get there unless they had a *load of spare space and time to start/collect a gazillion little quests... And, of course, I'm supposed to be doing this in between the Spire and this week's tournament! LOL..

I was quick to complain so I think I should at least be evenhanded in admitting this event isn't as bad as I was making out. Of course, a lot depends on whether you've got any space free to play around with..
However, I'll be finished the challenge shortly. Only had to add ~24 small goods manufactories and ran them in 3hr+9hr productions at the same time as my other manufactories. Rewards aren't amazing but if its easy to do.. well, its added a few speed ups, etc. for not much effort.
But I do agree with comments about relative value of spells.. I don't use them a lot but feel they're worth more than a 3hr production equivalent.. especially the inspiring meditation. Off the soapbox.. B.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Well, Inno could nave a "Non-Event" Event where they put up a quest icon that says, "work on your city for 2 weeks and we'll get back to you." Then they could have two buttons: "Decline" and "Okay." Decline skips the whole thing, the icon goes away and you get "silence" for two wonderful weeks! The "Okay" keeps the icon and after two weeks -- if you leave it on -- you get your just rewards: A 5 x 1 minute instants AND two weeks of uninterrupted building on your city! The latter is worth every non-minute you spent in that glorious 2 weeks doing the NOT-Event! And eve if you declined the "NOT-Event" quest, you'd still get the two glorious weeks of city building without interruption! Everybody winds and the participants win only slightly more than the non-participants, which, generally given the value of the prizes, is about right!

In the end Inno would actually make some dough on the matter as the break from the constant stream of Events, tournaments, Fellowship Adventures and mini-events, and the sudden upsurge in city-building might reenergize more than a few players.

Well, that's just a thought, of course.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, Inno could nave a "Non-Event" Event where they put up a quest icon that says, "work on your city for 2 weeks and we'll get back to you." Then they could have two buttons: "Decline" and "Okay." Decline skips the whole thing, the icon goes away and you get "silence" for two wonderful weeks! The "Okay" keeps the icon and after two weeks -- if you leave it on -- you get your just rewards: A 5 x 1 minute instants AND two weeks of uninterrupted building on your city! The latter is worth every non-minute you spent in that glorious 2 weeks doing the NOT-Event! And eve if you declined the "NOT-Event" quest, you'd still get the two glorious weeks of city building without interruption! Everybody winds and the participants win only slightly more than the non-participants, which, generally given the value of the prizes, is about right!

In the end Inno would actually make some dough on the matter as the break from the constant stream of Events, tournaments, Fellowship Adventures and mini-events, and the sudden upsurge in city-building might reenergize more than a few players.

Well, that's just a thought, of course.

AJ

LOL. Whatever dude.

It has already been 6 days since the end of the Mermaids Event and another two weeks minimum til the next Event starts, seeing as how there is not one right now on Beta. So unless you care about this little Crafting Challenge or the Fellowship Adventure that starts in a few days, you will have had plenty of alone time in between events to work on your city.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Enevhar Aldarion

Yes, you are correct. The FA is not, technically speaking, an "event." On the other hand, the word "event" could be anything that happens and the FA and Craftsman Challenge DO happen. I guess I'm just thinking of the constant stream of one"big thing" after another.

@MinMax Gamer

I get the need for self-discipline. I keep telling myself that I don't have to do this or that. In fact, I did skip the Craftsman Challenge. (Are you proud of me? I am! LOL). To me it's sort of like a meal you might purchase which is advertised as being "meat and potatoes" but all the while you are eating they keep bringing the dessert tray by to entice you to have your dessert first! Sometimes you just want the meat and potatoes and will get to the dessert when you finish your main course.

AJ