• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

March InnoGamesTV episode

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please leave your feedback on our newest episode of InnoGames TV in this topic!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser

Don't know much about the technical aspects - but the fairies sure look pretty! Makes me excited to stick around through the dwarves...

DeletedUser1036

Well I like the statement that they will improve even more on existing buildings (as the saying goes space is always at a premium in our city's). I just hope those improvements are for residence's to start because it really does take a high amount of population to place higher up in the rankings. It also looks as though there will be a lot of trading going on if your boosted goods are not the extra goods needed to produce some of the fairy goods, such as Silk mentioned in the video to make Velvet.

DeletedUser43

Advanced note to all: If the video is correct, you will need to have cleared 130 provinces before you can unlock the elven chapter.
This all looks new and exciting. My favorite part of the video was how they said they learned so much that newer races won't take as long in the future. This is all very exciting news!

DeletedUser1036

Yes it is and 130 is no problem since I'm already past that. Of course if they do allow us to upgrade residence's and factory's I wouldn't be surprised that the old it was turned this way but now it has to be turned that way comes back into play o_O

DeletedUser627

Yes it is and 130 is no problem since I'm already past that. Of course if they do allow us to upgrade residence's and factory's I wouldn't be surprised that the old it was turned this way but now it has to be turned that way comes back into play o_O

The video gives a good look at the Research tree - looks like everything gets an upgrade (except T1 and T3, of course). At the 2:00 mark there's a brief glimpse of the Snail Palace: 3200 culture and 2900 population. That's a huge game changer.

Maz Mellor

Those fairy buildings are dope. I don't even have dwarves yet, but I'm already excited. And, can we just take a minute to register that fairy fighting units can apparently fly—?!

On another note, am I the only one whose day got just a little bit brighter on account of Timon's amazing hairstyle combined with his enthusiasm for the game? :cool:

DeletedUser627

Those fairy buildings are dope. I don't even have dwarves yet, but I'm already excited. And, can we just take a minute to register that fairy fighting units can apparently fly—?!

On another note, am I the only one whose day got just a little bit brighter on account of Timon's amazing hairstyle combined with his enthusiasm for the game? :cool:

I'd like to be with you, Maz...if this release turns out to be good without screwing us in crucial ways, I'll lead the party!

DeletedUser1102

Why are the Fairies not upgrading the Elixer, Gems, and Magic Dust manufactories? The Dwarves already upgrade the Crystal, Scrolls, and Silk ones, why not have the Elixer, Gems, and Magic Dust get upgraded? It makes more sense, since Fairies are magical creatures by nature....

EDIT: Never mind, the Dwarves only upgraded the Marble, Planks, and Steel manufactories, so I guess the next would be the Crystal, Scrolls, and Silk manufactories. Sorry about that.

Maz Mellor

I'd like to be with you, Maz...if this release turns out to be good without screwing us in crucial ways, I'll lead the party!

And I'm sure it will be a damn good party, too. :D

Re: my good cheer on this thread, you can blame (thank?) either Timon's mohawk, or the fact that I'm not nearly as advanced a player as you. I get the impression that those of you who started playing Elvenar a long time ago, have had to be reeeaaaaaaaally patient for long stretches—kind of like sailing through the doldrums, only with game development. ;) As someone who has come to enjoy skulking around the forums, I'm glad you stuck around!

Any predictions as to what guest race will be next after fairies?

DeletedUser1161

I get the impression that those of you who started playing Elvenar a long time ago, have had to be reeeaaaaaaaally patient for long stretches—kind of like sailing through the doldrums, only with game development.
Not exactly. A long time ago the Elvenar quest system allowed people to grind quests for hours at a time using an exploit that earned them essentially infinite supplies. Inno fixed the loopholes and balanced the game so you have to rely primarily on factories and workshops now. The players who were into the quest-grinding have been bored ever since.

DeletedUser1017

A watery world of merpeople?
Woodland architecture of satyrs?
Enchanting creations of the wizards?
Gilded remembrances of the dragons?
Earthen inventions of the gnomes?
Ancient wisdom of the Egyptian sphinx?

The 3rd race will likely involve the magical goods: dust, elixir and gems...what about wizards here? (Magic Wands are produced to unlock events? (The equivalent of 1st race's granite or copper?)

And the 4th race may perhaps return to upgrading the basic goods of steel, marble and planks...how about gnomes or satyrs here?

If the 5th race returns to crafted goods, perhaps the sphinx will revitalize the silk, scrolls and crystal?

6th race: Dragons? Gold and pyrite are produced to unlock events. (The equivalent of 1st race's granite and copper)

Or perhaps an eventual race will introduce new goods? Merpeople manufacture aquatic goods: sandstone, pearls, coral, glass...The map becomes an island and your boosted aquatic good is based on which edge of the 'island' you are closest to. This would necessitate having members in your fellowship from all quadrants of the map. This is getting a bit complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1161

6th race: Dragons? Gold and pyrite are produced to unlock events. (The equivalent of 1st race's granite and copper)
Definitely dragons. Dragons improve all games. Extra points for a dragon unit that lands in the middle of the battlefield and incinerates those wretched cannoneers.

I'm loving the fairy artwork previews. I wish I didn't have so far to go in the tech tree until I get to enjoy it.

One thing I wish they would change is giving both humans and elves the same guest race cultural buildings and wonders. I hope our human and elven cities are still easily distinguishable after three or four guest races.

DeletedUser188

With the introduction of the new chapter I see there are 4 more research expansions and 1 premium expansion
A lot of players have run out of places to put future expansions
When are they planning on expanding the area around our cities to place these expansions ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1017

I think Inno will add a row on the lower right side of the block, and maybe the lower left side of the block. They expanded the block on those two sides already...and it looks like the lower right side might have room for one more row. That's my guess.

Maz Mellor

Not exactly. A long time ago the Elvenar quest system allowed people to grind quests for hours at a time using an exploit that earned them essentially infinite supplies. Inno fixed the loopholes and balanced the game so you have to rely primarily on factories and workshops now. The players who were into the quest-grinding have been bored ever since.

Gotcha. I think I'm glad that exploit isn't available any more, and that the game has some built-in pacing. I have enough trouble managing my addiction as it is. :p

A watery world of merpeople?

That would be... amazing. Probably also quite difficult to render/implement. But we can dream.

Definitely dragons. Dragons improve all games. Extra points for a dragon unit that lands in the middle of the battlefield and incinerates those wretched cannoneers.

THIS.

DeletedUser594

The manufacturing looks interesting in the update. The use of pre-produced goods in the manufacturing of new goods creates a pressure but not a huge twist. They added some manufacturing of fairy goods that require other fairy goods which adds to that complexity nicely. It would really be a kicker if the manufacturing spells work on fairy buildings. If that's the case and the fairy factories are sufficiently high in population demands and running costs then the magic academy becomes pretty valuable since there are so many different needs competing and spells can be spread out.

DeletedUser1036

The manufacturing looks interesting in the update. The use of pre-produced goods in the manufacturing of new goods creates a pressure but not a huge twist.

Nothing new there since to produce copper you need 2 first tier unboosted goods

DeletedUser594

You're totally right I had barely noticed those goods costs and never gave them a thought.