• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Maximum Ancient Wonders

• Thread starter DeletedUser3235
  • Start date

DeletedUser3235

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered, but a search of the forums has been unfruitful and nobody in my fellowship knows.

Is there a maximum number of Ancient WOnders we can have built at once? Common sense tells me they can all be built at once, but far too many people have been talking about picking and choosing regarding slots (in addition to deleting wonders) to assume that is the case. In other words, as of writing this question, there are twelve AW's available but can I have twelve built and active?

DeletedUser61

I'm not aware of any tests in Elvenar, nor of any hints that there's a limitation other than common sense. Ancient Wonders provide permanent benefits without any daily consumption of Coins/Supplies/Goods/KPs, so they're an excellent long term investment if you're not concerned with maximizing your score.

In Forge of Empires I'm aware of several folks who have made a point of building every single one of the Great Buildings, and I would not expect Elvenar to be any different. I have a Space Needle myself, just because I live in Seattle, although more Coins is the last thing that I need. As Elvenar matures we'll be seeing more and more cities that are the way they are, just because.

DeletedUser3235

Well, that's why I'm asking. I would really hate to ASSUME Elvenar would let me build all twelve at once, only to discover after building say eight of them, that if I want another one I have to delete one of those I've already built (with zero return on resources, runes, KP, etc.) It was the chatter involving people asking if Inno would provide the slots for all of them that prompted me to wonder, and then ask. So far all of my searches through the forums have been either those assuming they would or wouldn't, but none were definitive. Nobody else in my fellowship has a clue. The official information pages say nothing either way and the Wiki is downright anti-helpful.

I've seen one city with five (I believe) but so far none I recall have more. I only have three so I have some time before getting nervous, but some of mine are very close to going up. They're good investments, I agree, but not worth the expense if you have to delete them to replace them with the ones you prefer.

DeletedUser3235

Thank you very much... that takes a lot of the anxiety out of building them.

DeletedUser3061

The only problem is make sure you have the space for them. Don't sacrifice real estate just to make an AW unless you are swimming in real estate. And if you are, tell me your secret as I have one AW(Golden Abyss) and I am strapped for space. I have enough to build Tome of Secrets but I cant bring myself to it. I do like the Golden Abyss though. Cant go wrong with population plus a nice chunk of gold every 3 hours.

Been debating on researching the tempest ones to build Needles of the Tempest as the barracks speed and light ranged boost seem kind of nice but its a 3x5 footprint. Endless Excavation seems meh as its only 2k supplies every 24 hours but the extra relic per province seems decent but it takes a 5x4 footprint.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2191

The only problem is make sure you have the space for them. Don't sacrifice real estate just to make an AW unless you are swimming in real estate. And if you are, tell me your secret as I have one AW(Golden Abyss) and I am strapped for space. I have enough to build Tome of Secrets but I cant bring myself to it. I do like the Golden Abyss though. Cant go wrong with population plus a nice chunk of gold every 3 hours.

Been debating on researching the tempest ones to build Needles of the Tempest as the barracks speed and light ranged boost seem kind of nice but its a 3x5 footprint. Endless Excavation seems meh as its only 2k supplies every 24 hours but the extra relic per province seems decent but it takes a 5x4 footprint.

If you look at the fact that the ancient wonders require relics to upgrade at various levels, which would reduce boost%, then the relic gain from Endless Excavation is worth it. At max level, it is 3 extra relics gained per province cleared. Now if you have most of or the entire world map cleared, then it is of no value.

DeletedUser3061

Does it actually reduce your boost % if you use the relics? I have upgraded my Golden Abyss to level 3 and it uses steel relics which is my boosted one and I haven't seen a decline in my %. To each their own I guess. For me, being limited on space, I wouldn't really find it useful as its only real benefit as far the relics go are for your boosted ones. And that's for a completed province as in all 6 or so fights done. Now if it gave you extra relics per fight within each province, that would definitely be worth it. Another problem is the huge footprint. Its almost the same size as the magic academy. Needle of the Tempest is tempting though as even at level 1, its 15% off barracks training time and a nice 89% off at max level. Problem with any of them is finding the spare KPs lol. I am lucky and my guild has been throwing KPs into my Golden Abyss like pennies in a wishing well. Props to Treehuggers :D Anyways, like I said, to each their own. I was just giving my view of the lower level ones. Now the ones that make buildings on the Cliffside, well those are cool if for nothing else, having a huge building on your wall :)

DeletedUser2191

Does it actually reduce your boost % if you use the relics? I have upgraded my Golden Abyss to level 3 and it uses steel relics which is my boosted one and I haven't seen a decline in my %. To each their own I guess. For me, being limited on space, I wouldn't really find it useful as its only real benefit as far the relics go are for your boosted ones. And that's for a completed province as in all 6 or so fights done. Now if it gave you extra relics per fight within each province, that would definitely be worth it. Another problem is the huge footprint. Its almost the same size as the magic academy. Needle of the Tempest is tempting though as even at level 1, its 15% off barracks training time and a nice 89% off at max level. Problem with any of them is finding the spare KPs lol. I am lucky and my guild has been throwing KPs into my Golden Abyss like pennies in a wishing well. Props to Treehuggers :D Anyways, like I said, to each their own. I was just giving my view of the lower level ones. Now the ones that make buildings on the Cliffside, well those are cool if for nothing else, having a huge building on your wall :)

Couple of possibilities then ...

1) Once a certain boost level is achieved it is locked and stays permanently even if you have no relics of a boost

or

2) Since each level of boost % takes x amount of relics to fulfill, maybe you haven't dipped below an amount that would lower the percentage.

DeletedUser61

Does it actually reduce your boost % if you use the relics?
The maximum boost provided by Relics is 700%, so once you have 500 Relics of a type there's no penalty for using your boosted Relics to level an Ancient Wonder. See https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Relics#Relics_Boost_Overview

9Bar.jpg

While we're on the subject, we might as well review how Relics are distributed on the world map.
  • The tessellation primitive is Gems Steel Planks MagicD Scrolls Steel Elixir Crystal Marble
  • Each 10 o'clock to 4 o'clock diagonal will contain the same pair of Relics
  • Your boosts are determined by the Relic sectors that are immediately below your city
    SW, SE, double SE (which is always the same a North)
  • There are therefore only 9 unique combinations of Cities + Relic Boosts
  • Looking at the Relics tab in your Main Hall is the easiest way to review your boosts.
MainHallRelics.png

See https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Main_Hall#Purpose

DeletedUser2191

Your sure that this could be a possibility?

If you refer to the wiki link Katwijk provide in response to what I suggested, it would be fair to say that the boost levels are not locked. It would be more fitting that my second suggestion is the appropriate answer. Once your relic inventory dips below the required total for a boost level, then it will decrease the boost percentage.