• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Maze of Dark Matter and SS upgrade Questions

Mykan

Oh Wise One
For me its worth the space it occupies for me and my town. But I value space rather lowly and have been wasting space with silly event stuff and other items that I don't need. My long term goal is to level maze but it is lower down that priority list (way down). Inno keeps putting mana in sets and evolving buildings that I might want for other benefits but not the mana. Between the forced mana generation and the maze it keeps my mana at a high enough level that it is a disposable resource for me. So things like spire it becomes a go to resource to burn in diplomacy. In the last couple chapters inno has sneaked things like mana (and orcs) that had less uses into more stuff, like wonders. I like to have the comfort I feel maze affords me along with the other mana producing options I have, I also feel comfortable that should inno fire a "mana curveball" I am well positioned to adapt to it.

But it is not just pure KP that is spent. We get the chance at so many AK instants now and those can only go into Wonders. Just another factor for the decision.

To me those are one and the same, at least in this context. The highest sink for KP is wonders, so KP instants has to be included in terms of KP supply. If you add the KP cost of tech tree and the wonders you want at level 30 (assuming you want to max those wonders) then the KP cost is massive. Every chapter it increases by approx 15-20K KP per wonder that you want to build. Even if you can farm up 1,000+kp (KP and instants) a week it will still take forever. Space however keeps growing every chapter but the things to fill that space don't seem to grow at the same rate with the exception of culture and event items you might want to place.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Basically, extra 6 levels of AW increase your seed production by about the same as 6 tiles of average seed producer, or probably closer to 4 tiles for a good producer (e.g. Pond of Autumn) if you're not careful with collecting from the Trader every 3 hours.
I did say borderline. Before it seemed like an absolute no. Once I have 450 provinces, and a level 6 would get me 1000 seeds and 15000 mana a day, I'll revisit. For now, it's not attractive enough art to take a mediocre building.

T6583

Great discussion. I really appreciate the feedback. Thank you. Right now it doesn't seem that suited for me anymore and while it kinda sucks to loose the invested kp, but I can always rebuild it later if I feel that I made a mistake. That I think is part of the enjoyment of this game is that sometimes things make sense at certain points to have in the game but that might change as your city envolves and so does your playing style. Too bad we can't teleport AW's into our inventory because if that was an option I would definitely do it.

T6583

I did the math on how much mana I produce a day, how much I typically use a day, and how much decay I would have without the Maze. I would lose mana for about a week before I even out production vs decay. That point would leave me pretty steady at 2.4M still in reserves. So with that much it's still in my best interest I think to get rid of the Maze for now. Thanks everyone for all of their input and the thought provoking discussion.

Arkadia

Just to throw a different train of thought out there :p How much space is your event mana buildings occupying? Perhaps ditching them instead of maze might be the way to go. Personally I think maze is better then people give it credit for, regardless if you feel you have too much mana there are multiple options to remove not just the maze.

The one benefit of removing event buildings you just teleport it out and if you later decide it was a mistake you place them back. If you delete the maze from level 6 then there is no return.

My thought exactly! ;):p

Anyone who feel they are producing too much mana, get rid of ur mana producing culture buildings.... why having them in the first place? :rolleyes:

In terms of KP verse space I believe KP is the much rarer commodity then space at end game. Space gets easier and easier but the options to spend KP on far outstrip any supply.
o_O:eek:
I have to disagree here. :p do the tourneys to get ton of KPs. ;)