• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mellow Feast?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The mellow feast costs a lot and says it "strengthens your bond with bears" .... how does it do that? It has zero stats on elvenarchitect except for population and culture. What does it actually do to boost your bears? Seems like it should say something somewhere. I'm not going to spend that many relics and that much time on a "mystery prize." Thanks for the help.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Iyapo Is that what it really says? It's so funny I'm not sure you didn't just make it up. "the Anchor Point prevents your Flying Boats from floating away on a gust of wind?" LOL!

AJ

Darielle

@Iyapo Is that what it really says? It's so funny I'm not sure you didn't just make it up. "the Anchor Point prevents your Flying Boats from floating away on a gust of wind?" LOL!

AJ
She didn't make it up. I almost fell for that one, too. The exact description of the anchor point is:

"Wouldn't it be a pity if a gust of wind carried your Flying Boats away? Better to have a strong foundation they can hold on to. "

Gosh, I consider that so dang deceptive, right up there with the dang mellow feast. :(

Pheryll

Set Designer
The mellow feast costs a lot and says it "strengthens your bond with bears" .... how does it do that? It has zero stats on elvenarchitect except for population and culture. What does it actually do to boost your bears? Seems like it should say something somewhere. I'm not going to spend that many relics and that much time on a "mystery prize." Thanks for the help.

It blends in nicely with my shrines of Kirit/Krarak, and so adds a bear theme to that set. The rainbow flower cages I was using previously looked out of place.

Darielle

It blends in nicely with my shrines of Kirit/Krarak, and so adds a bear theme to that set. The rainbow flower cages I was using previously looked out of place.
It may look good, but it shouldn't say it "strengthens your bond with bears." If something is being strengthened, fine, but if it's not, then that is deceptive JMHO

Pheryll

Set Designer
There are a large number of buildings with descriptions that do not fit their function.

For example for a building that produces T1 goods: "...go get some of these marvelous delicacies"
For festival merchant "get everything you need here: food, drinks, and everything else."
Or for a shrine "A place to leave offerings..."
Or for a standard pop and culture "Provides shelter and food. Lots of food."
Another pop and culture "These crevices are unpredictable and contain an infinite number of magical effects."

Darielle

There are a large number of buildings with descriptions that do not fit their function.

For example for a building that produces T1 goods: "...go get some of these marvelous delicacies"
For festival merchant "get everything you need here: food, drinks, and everything else."
Or for a shrine "A place to leave offerings..."
Or for a standard pop and culture "Provides shelter and food. Lots of food."
Another pop and culture "These crevices are unpredictable and contain an infinite number of magical effects."

I don't doubt it, and I thank you for pointing to so many good examples. I don't mind when they are obviously vague, such as marvelous delicacies or a place to leave offerings. It's kind of impossible to determine what they mean on those. And as far as food goes, I can see how someone may get confused and think it offers pet food. When they say that you need to "anchor down" a specific cultural item, such as a flying boat, to keep it from drifting away, then I think it delves into the deceptive. People fear losing their cul.tural buildings ... especially the very first "big" one. I do think that "strengthening your bears ... or your bond with bears ... is also deceptive. I'm not sure why they do this, but I am always so skeptical when I see something confusing. That's why I didn't get that mellow feast ... I came here to see if I was right about it being nothing more than a pop/culture building. But I can see newbies getting suckered into blowing a whole lot of spell frags/ccs on it and being sorry later.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
It's blatant false advertising. I did fall for the anchor thing. I was unhappy when I realized I was duped. I don't mind winning something useless, but I do take issue with using diamonds to purchase something useless. That's why I don't buy much anymore and use the diamonds I purchase for stuff just to make my play easier. When you buy those low level things because you think you 'need' them, and then wind up putting them in your inventory because you no longer have room for them and will get nothing for selling them nor can you 'trade them in'.... it's annoying.