• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

MH location

BrinDarby

1641457550771.png

Light pink = no road need'd
Light grey/blue = need roads
Light Blue = onscreen @ 100% zoom
Red = MH
(each is a 5x5 on real map)

Not only are roads a concern here, but tall-ness of bldgs,
and the fact of which stuff needs click'n, and how often.
I try not to block bldgs from sight, so tallest -> shortest ( NW -> SE )
and clickable bldgs are always onscreen to click.

Manufacturing, residences, workshops, Training, will be the blue part.
those are < 3 hr clickable bldgs... Sets and Evolves can be grouped
together cause those are 24/48 hr collects and don't need to always
be on my screen, and can also be on the periferal.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I like to put a large building such as my Barracks or an Ancient Wonder in the corner. MM/Sanctuary works well for this since it is a 5x5 square. I can then put the Main Hall beside it. This allows me to connect the barracks or AW to the MH using only 1 square of road. Normally it would require many more squares of road frontage.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Right now I am experimenting with putting my sets up in the corner. I am fond of sets and seem to be collecting them, but I really dont like moving them so I am working on a permanent home.

The best permanent home is along the very top or right of the city grid, if you have placed your expansions so that there is no more room for expansion on those two sides. The bottom and left are not good for this because those are the sides where Inno will add more space some time this year.

Iamaita

@samidodamage I like that. Very clever. And it leaves a perfect spot to put a lampion. I hear they are all the rage these days.

Mine isn’t quite as thrifty with roads, but I am using the cliff/spire edges for wonders, sets and evolving buildings. The goal is to eventually have a permanent section that I don’t have to remodel every chapter.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What I see illustrated but remains unsaid, is that the AWs are the perfect buildings to sandwich between the MH and the corner because they never change in size with upgrades. It makes placement and MH upgrading simpler.

People just need to make sure to look ahead for the chapters where the Main Hall grows in size, so they do not get things so packed in that they still have to do a major overhaul just for that.

Sir Bently

I have my MH in the middle of the playing field it can be plainly seen and not hid off in the corner or hid behind other buildings and I left plenty of room between my residence so I can upgrade them I prefer my Main Hall's in the middle