• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Missing Friends

Henroo

Oh Wise One
So one of the reasons Inno has given for trying to switch from the forums to discord has been that activity in the forums has decreased. And honestly, they are right. But I don't think that is because discord is better than the forum, I think it is just because some of the most active forum users have quit the game. I am creating this thread to pay tribute to them. I am going to list all of the great members I can think of who are no longer active. This list is off the top of my head, so I am sure I might leave out somebody. And also some of the real old timers might have names to add who were before my time. Feel free to make comments and add names. But here is the list of great forum members I can think of who are no longer here:

Ashrem, Soggyshorts, Crazy Wizard, Min-Max Gamer, Tomatoe Hu, Jackluyt, Ed1960, Talaedraii, The Unbeliever, Aritra, Dew Spinner, Shimmerfly, Risen Malachai, Helya/Queen of Snacks

I am sure I have forgotten some. Who else are we missing? Feel free to add the names of more in comments.

Yogi Dave

edeba, but that was because she died, not because of the changes. She was feisty and certainly spoke her mind.

Her avatar
1702211024566.png
and her motto
1702211067419.png

quin629

There were two of them Dad and Daughter. They played in different worlds. I was in an FS in one world with him, and in another world with her. Her Dad passed. She was the one who posted here - most of the time, and she just drifted away.

I knew the daughter posted here using his account after he passed but had not realized that they played/posted under a single username.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is sad to think about, but I feel the only reason Min-Max would have just simply stopped coming here or playing or updating his website, was because he also passed away. He is one who would have definitely said goodbye before quitting.

Covid did a real number on the number of retired people who played this game.

FirstDoreMouse

You mentioned ed1960. Do you know what happened to him? I know that he'd had some health issues and I fear the worst, but would like to know what happened to him. He was my first and best mentor when I started the game. 'sad that he's not around anymore.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
You mentioned ed1960. Do you know what happened to him? I know that he'd had some health issues and I fear the worst, but would like to know what happened to him. He was my first and best mentor when I started the game. 'sad that he's not around anymore.
I just searched for him under the members section to see when he posted last. And it says "player not found." I also looked for him elvenstats and he did not show up. So it seems like he deleted his account. The good news is: this seems to indicate a conscious decision on his part to quit the game. So it is less likely that something happened to him.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Bobbykitty was from the very early days (2016). Very passionate about the game, think she quit around the time of orcs.
Xelenia - Whipped the forums into shape, did a lot behind the scenes. Event burnout and tournament changes saw her end :(

Had to look in my conversations to remember certain names. It is littered with old conversations with deleteduser. The great purge of forum users will see some names forgotten forever.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Just got word from one of the people above their account has now been deleted. Looks like inno is finally removing "protected" accounts. Town is definitely no longer in the game.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
It appears to me that the ones we remember the most try to be helpful, are consistently here, and sometimes have a "bee in their bonnet" for something, but we forgive them for it.

Sadly, though, it is also true we don't have funerals to say good-bye so there is sometimes a lack of closure. I find that sad.

AJ