• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Missing set bonus (Spire Event)

• Thread starter DeletedUser24329
  • Start date

DeletedUser24329

I have all set buildings for the Spire event placed next to each other and attached to a road.

I am able to collect the bonus supplies from Moonstone Gate, both bonus magic dust from the Gum Tree and Mana Plant, bonus scroll and both bonus scroll fragment from Endless Scroll, however, I only am able to collect 3 levels of bonus scroll fragments from Moonstone Library and not the Combining Catalyst.

Any ideas?

Socrates28

Open a ticket with Support. They are really the only ones who can help you if something is wrong.

DeletedUser19458

the other buildings need to directly be touching the library, and not just each other. Also only 1 of each type counts (e.g. 2 gumtrees touching it still only counts as 1 gumtree, as far as library would be concerned).

Arayla

I have all set buildings for the Spire event placed next to each other and attached to a road.

I am able to collect the bonus supplies from Moonstone Gate, both bonus magic dust from the Gum Tree and Mana Plant, bonus scroll and both bonus scroll fragment from Endless Scroll, however, I only am able to collect 3 levels of bonus scroll fragments from Moonstone Library and not the Combining Catalyst.

Any ideas?
First, nicely done getting them all! I'm still working at it.

Since it is a set building, the sides that are touching must provide unique connections between the buildings in order to activate the set bonuses. You will want to rearrange the buildings in your city. If you take a look at the in-game help, you can see the suggestion for getting all the bonuses activated:

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 5.11.29 PM.png

Alistaire

the other buildings need to directly be touching the library, and not just each other. Also only 1 of each type counts (e.g. 2 gumtrees touching it still only counts as 1 gumtree, as far as library would be concerned).
That first part's not correct. They can, and if you have 1 of each it works out nicely, but you can get complete set bonuses without even having the library. Some people's plan is even not to place a library and just use the smaller pieces.

Pheryll

Set Designer

Any ideas?

In your current arrangement you have the library attached to the moonstone gate and the gum tree. Since only two (of the four) unique buildings are touching the library it only receives the benefit of the 1st and 2nd link bonus. The gum tree is attached to the mana plant the library and the moonstone gate. The gum tree receives both the 1st and 2nd link bonus (there is no 3rd link bonus to award). You have four mana plants. One is attached to the gum tree and another mana plant. This one receives the 1st link bonus because only the gum tree connection is to a another building of the set. Similarly only the 1st link bonus for the mana plant touching the moonstone gate and a mana plant. The mana plant touching the endless scrolls and the moonstone gate receives both the 1st and 2nd link bonus. The mana plant only touching another mana plant receives no link bonus at all (it also must be separately connected to a road, which it is, because set connections only travel through distinct buildings. The moonstone gate is attached to the library, endless scroll, gum tree and mana plant. It only receives the 1st link bonus since that is all that it can have. The endless scroll is attached to the mana plant and the moonstone gate. It receives the 1st and 2nd link bonuses.

DeletedUser19458

That first part's not correct. They can, and if you have 1 of each it works out nicely, but you can get complete set bonuses without even having the library. Some people's plan is even not to place a library and just use the smaller pieces.

It is true to answering the OP question; they want the full bonus from the library.

If you don't place the library then you cannot get the bonus from it.

Quasar Casius

I have had the small arch but I've lost it. It's the one set I managed to complete in 2 yrs. Do you know of a way to get one back again ???

Many thanks.
-ken-

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I have had the small arch but I've lost it. It's the one set I managed to complete in 2 yrs. Do you know of a way to get one back again ???

Many thanks.
-ken-

It may take a little while, but it will eventually show up again as a recipe for crafting in the Magic Academy. Make sure to check the MA every rotation (every six hours), if possible, to be sure you don't miss it when it comes up. :)