• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mobile App

Anessen

Is there anyone that plays the game on the app? If so, do you think they'll eventually give you fellowship messages?

The reason I ask is because my fellowship doesn't mind me playing on the app but there's no way to access fellowship messages, so I have to get on the laptop at least once a week to check messages. Plus the game runs more smoothly and faster on my phone than it does on my laptop.

Just thought I'd ask and get some insight.

DeletedUser20951

I'm strictly a desktop user, but it affects us, too, not being able to message with our mobile brethren, and I do believe Inno will eventually add messaging access to mobile. They are notoriously slow at implementing anything that improves quality of game, yet I am completely flabbergasted at the continued delay of such an integral part of communication, which stymies a whole slew of player interactions and coordination. Chat programs, email services and whatnot, have been around for decades, and I don't understand why this would be a complicated issue to resolve. It should not be. I honestly feel that the mobile app shouldn't have even been released without the ability to send and receive messages, it's that important.

qaccy

It does seem weird on our end that mobile's lacking certain things that should be no-brainers to include, but it seems like it goes both ways. Mobile is much better for giving NH and auto-moves to the next province when doing tournaments, while PC allows contribution to AWs you don't own, allows you to actually see the contributor list, and of course the messaging feature being discussed. We can't even really say why any of these differences even exist! Or, well...I can't, since I know nothing about developing either browser or mobile games. There must be some reason why the two versions of the game aren't identical though, right...?

DeletedUser20951

We can't even really say why any of these differences even exist!
My money's on a horrible development team, whether overworked and rushed, not familiar with the base code and struggling to figure out how to modify it, cheap hires with little experience, or all of the above. The features you mentioned should be on both versions, and I suspect they will be one day, but other differences, such as the styling of how you go about things, should remain different, provided they improve the ease of operation for mobile or desktop, respectively.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It does seem weird on our end that mobile's lacking certain things that should be no-brainers to include, but it seems like it goes both ways. Mobile is much better for giving NH and auto-moves to the next province when doing tournaments, while PC allows contribution to AWs you don't own, allows you to actually see the contributor list, and of course the messaging feature being discussed. We can't even really say why any of these differences even exist! Or, well...I can't, since I know nothing about developing either browser or mobile games. There must be some reason why the two versions of the game aren't identical though, right...?

You forgot the huge differences in the Trader between the two versions. I refuse to ever use the Trader when I am using the app unless it is an emergency. The browser version is miles better than the app version.

qaccy

@Nonchalant Antipathy You really think it's that bad? I'd put my money on there probably not being enough people to do 'everything' and/or priorities being different.

Perhaps the two versions are meant to be supplemental to each other, and that's why there're differences? I consider the PC version more fleshed-out and overall better, but the mobile version is definitely more convenient since it allows me to log in throughout the day while I'm at work for the sake of keeping my city going. The differing functionality doesn't affect me too much since I have access to both versions, and maybe that's why making both versions the same either isn't happening or isn't really a priority?

Anessen

I only asked since it seems like something the app should have implemented already, given how long it's been out. I do agree with what all of you are saying. There are advantages/disadvantages to playing on both but I tend to play more on the app than the desktop as of late.

Maybe Inno will eventually implement the message function at some point down the road. Oh well. Will just have to get on the desktop version to check messages at times.

DeletedUser20951

You really think it's that bad?
Aye, I do. Game developers, especially those in the free to play market, are treated very, very poorly, and are often not paid much, similar to what goes on in the animation industry, so the quality tanks.