• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mobile - Tourney Fight Completion Animation

Deleted User - 312108

Unsubscribe please. Last thing I want is another 3 second delay every time I fight. Times 100+ each week, ugh.

Please create a way to disable this animation.
Your reaction is the same as mine. I posted almost the exact same thing on beta. Now I want to delete all battle related buildings and dedicate the space to goods production, more catering :)

I do not want to see this animation. I think it is awful and adds nothing. One of the reasons I opt to do battles on mobile is it is usually faster and smoother than the browser version, but if I have to watch that nauseating animation it's a big nope.

DeletedUser20951

...I've been reading everything in this thread, but not allowing myself to feel anything about it, because the horror would be too great. If it's added to the PC version, though... *sharpens pitchforks, pets stabby knife, fashions torches, and then tosses the lot of 'em in a pile* I WILL REVOLT AND BURN THE MOTHER DOWN. Amen.

Risen Malchiah

Was this added for only some players? Because I havent encountered this in any of my cities and I did quite a bit of fighting this week on mobile. I hate doing the tourney on mobile but sometimes I dont have any choice if I want to squeeze in 6 rounds around my work schedule.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I finally checked this out last night. While the extra animation is slightly annoying, it did not take any longer to complete the fights. I feel the animation was only added in order to distract from the lag of waiting for the fight to complete.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Was this added for only some players? Because I havent encountered this in any of my cities and I did quite a bit of fighting this week on mobile. I hate doing the tourney on mobile but sometimes I dont have any choice if I want to squeeze in 6 rounds around my work schedule.
I checked when this thread was first posted and I didn't have it either. For some reason, my mobile didn't auto-update the last version. When I went into PlayStore and forced the update, I got it. That was the 20th. Personally wasn't too pleased with it as I was just getting over a migraine and unexpected flashy light thingies are not good (though it didn't trigger another, just made me tense up).
I will say that my grandson (will be 2 in late July) loved it! I was watching him today and tried to snag a few extra kp on mobile. He'd watch me and clap and go 'yay' when the flashy dancing swords came up. So, they've impressed someone, just not sure it's their target demographic, lol!

Fayeanne

I took a look to see what everyone was talking about. The animation isn't bad, but the shaking doesn't appear to add much to it. I think the idea could still be conveyed without the icons rotating back and forth.

(Personally, what I would like to see changed most about that win screen is to color the HP bars of uninjured units some other color besides red. I keep seeing the sea of red and thinking my units are horribly damaged, only to realize they're actually at full health.)

enyinil

I disagree completely that the new animation doesn't slow fighting down. It absolutely does. I noticed this morning that you can't even tap through the animation anymore. When it was first introduced, you could tap the screen to get the green "Back to Province" bar to appear fairly quickly. Now, you're forced to wait out the animation.

On the contrary, catering is still instantaneous. Why? Are we being encouraged to cater rather than fight deliberately? I would love to know the reason for the addition of the fight animation. More than that, I just want it gone.

I agree with @Fayeanne on the color of the HP bars. Full health should be represented by green bars.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Since a lot of people probably do not read the Release Notes posted, here is what was done in the new update we got this week:

"Animations played in the summary of a battle can now be skipped with a simple tap on the screen. This should make playing the Tournaments a lot faster again, while new players can learn about the battle results and the amount of units that were defeated and/or lost in battle."

enyinil

Since a lot of people probably do not read the Release Notes posted, here is what was done in the new update we got this week:

"Animations played in the summary of a battle can now be skipped with a simple tap on the screen. This should make playing the Tournaments a lot faster again, while new players can learn about the battle results and the amount of units that were defeated and/or lost in battle."

That's odd. It had the exact opposite effect on me. I can no longer tap through.