• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mobile vs Browser: Why perks on mobile only?

Dopeykr

Talking to the Browser Players in my Fellowship; they mentioned that they could chose what items they could offer Neighborly Help to. Unlike Mobile where the choices are preselected for you.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
they mentioned that they could chose what items they could offer Neighborly Help to.
Yes, they can: by going into the city, allowing it to load, scrolling around the city (takes forever if their first choice is B and you're looking to see if the builder's hut has any unpolished builders), etc. If the main hall is under construction, it won't be available to be helped. In higher chapter cities, with hundreds of neighbors, the time required for all that is unsustainable for me (and I'm retired; no idea how people with jobs have the time!).
Helping from both the FS members and Notification windows in browser are the same as in the mobile app. All of these show MH available to help whether under construction or not, BH is only presented as an option if it is not already 'full' with help, and it presents the highest culture bldg that doesn't already have a polish. I consider that a win-win for me and the player I'm helping. They really need to bring this to the world map on browser, too.
For me, mobile has the advantage with the daily prize and visiting on the world map. App also has a better 'move mode' for rearranging your city. Browser has the advantage in manual fighting. So, I play browser usually and log in on my tablet if I want the daily prize and/or to visit neighbors on the world map that are not in my notifications. I don't do that for rearranging, since I'm old with uncoordinated fat fingers, lol!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If you don't like the small screen size of your phone but still wish to use the app, or if you don't have a smart phone, you can use Nox, Blue Stacks, or some other android emulator to act as a phone. I've used both and they work well on my Windows 8 system. The only thing is that it takes time to load -- about a minute -- but then I do my visits (over 300) there and collect the daily prize while I do so. It takes me about 15 minutes in the emulator. I'm not sure how long 300 would take in a browser but if you have to open each one, do the clicking, close it and open the next, it's got to be prohibitive. Using an android emulator is like having both programs (browser and app) on one large screen system.

AJ

Huor

When you are in the world map on the app and you click on a city, instead of going there you get a decision wheel for help, aw, etc... Makes it real fast to jump from city to city. When they add this to the browser, it will be a game changer for those folks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-11 3.29.26 PM-1.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-12-11 3.29.26 PM-1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 56

Huor

.. but then I do my visits (over 300) there and collect the daily prize while I do so. It takes me about 15 minutes in the emulator. I'm not sure how long 300 would take in a browser but if you have to open each one, do the clicking, close it and open the next, it's got to be prohibitive. ..

AJ

I would say depending on the size of the cities, you would measure the polish time with a calendar.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Where in the app is that visits shortcut? I couldn't find it.

I assume you mean the Window or Mac Android Emulators. Here are the links.

Either will do. I started with Bluestacks but after about a year it glitched. I couldn't get it to work again, even with uninstalling and reinstalling it. So I switched to Nox and it works fine. I liked Bluestacks more, but Nox is okay too.

AJ