• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Moonstone Fixed, TY!!! But... Still need Steel

Erivan

Thank you for adjusting the Moonstone Library to be boosted +1... However, the damage has been done. Steel players are in shortage and I'm seeing many other players dropping due to good scarcity as well.

I was scouring through the various fellowships in Harrandar, and it was amazing how few steel players were in FSs, and how many FSs have gone completely, or if not, mostly inactive... Maybe this has been the case before I got here? I don't know...

I propose opening and allowing a period to let players (especially veteran players) change their boost combos. Or perhaps to control it and maintain balance, the game selects and sends invites for players to be able to transfer over to steel boosted combos, until balance is restored.

The current issue is there isn't enough steel, and it will take a year + for newer players to catch up to needed production levels for older players. If you don't want the game to collapse and lose the majority of your middle to high level players, then something needs to be done quickly!

Thank you for your consideration. Please, don't take as long as it did to get the Moonstone fixed to address this too.. I've already lost too many friends as it is.
~E

StarLoad

I do not like this idea and hope it is not considered. The potential for abuse and further havoc could be devastating.

Oh we changed your boosts so your primary goods and your sentient goods are all changed and as a side effect all your MFG are obsolete and you will need to rebuild from scratch all of them. Oh and that 700% you had well that got changed too and sorry but you are only at 550 now and with the new tourney it won't take that much longer to get back to 700 .... Gee did we not mention that this will also affect some of your Wonders so sorry about the population you lost and just think when you sell off your MFG you will gain pop so you won't even notice it really, just ignore the GA and MH numbers for now its not important.

Erivan

This is a proposed one time switch, only until balance is achieved.. There are not enough Steel players to go around. I have been searching through Fellowships for weeks and here's what I'm finding.

1. Many fellowships have gone mostly debunk with very few active players
2. Out of all goods combos in FSs, Steel players are found in the smallest number (and most are IA)
3. Out of the 3 Steel boost combinations, Steel/Scrolls/Dust is the least active and common right now

If you are steel boosted, I could maybe understand this perspective, as I'd wager you haven't had to worry about a shortage of T1 goods or trades for a while?

However, I can tell you that my FS and neighborhood is strapped. There are never any steel trades available, and I don't have time to wait for a little baby city to grow from producing 2k steel a day to help balance me out producing 100k/day.

The game's economy is about balance, and that has been disrupted. The game looks to be falling apart except for the diehards, the luckies, and well, yeah... Apologies if this comes off as too brusk or aggressive, but it is frustrating when you can't find the goods or the players you need.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
It might have unintended consequence to other aspects of the game. For example, your boosted goods are based on your map location. If you have the setting set to be moved, it can only move you to a location with the same boosts on the map. They need to improve the move scripts to be more efficient. We don't need them to break it. We all have enough inactive neighbors as it is ;)

Also, not sure how this is that different than the people who are scroll boosted and have had to use workarounds to acquire their nonboosted T2s. In my scroll boost city, I've had to plonk down a Bee and buy from wholesaler.

1. Many fellowships have gone mostly debunk with very few active players
A competently managed FS would not let this happen. Play for competently managed FS and you'll enjoy the game so much more :)

Erivan

It might have unintended consequence to other aspects of the game. For example, your boosted goods are based on your map location. If you have the setting set to be moved, it can only move you to a location with the same boosts on the map. They need to improve the move scripts to be more efficient. We don't need them to break it. We all have enough inactive neighbors as it is ;)

Also, not sure how this is that different than the people who are scroll boosted and have had to use workarounds to acquire their nonboosted T2s. In my scroll boost city, I've had to plonk down a Bee and buy from wholesaler.

A competently managed FS would not let this happen. Play for competently managed FS and you'll enjoy the game so much more :)
I'm the AM of my FS, we are ranked inside the top 20 of our server. I am desperate to find active steel/scrolls/dust players that can actually help meet the production needs of our seasoned FS. A new player just can't do it. And we don't have more than a year to wait for them to climb high enough to become helpful.

Our previous AM, was Steel/Dust, and she quit because her goods were devalued. As did others..

The only way I see a fix for veteran players, is to allow some veterans to move and change boosts to balance out their needs and the needs of their FS.

And as noted, there's plenty of empty spots from IA players. Can't imagine there will be too much trouble finding a place to plop in a few active vets switching boosts and replacing a dead spot...

Iyapo1

On Harander I am plank/scroll/dust boosted. The BTG that I put up to help me work around the scroll issue is also very helpful with netting steel. It is not optimal but it is still the best option available to reduce an individual's trade issues.

StarLoad

@Erivan, I just looked at Elvenstats and your FS is 27% boosted in Marble, 34% boosted in Steel and 39% boosted in Planks. I cant understand why you have an issue with steel. Yes, you have one showing as inactive but still, that player is only the 6th highest out of 9? I do see that Scrolls and Dust are your smaller percentage of the Tier 2 and 3 goods but they are 27% and 26% respectively and that should not cause a major problem that you could not trade for?

What am I missing?

Iyapo1

lol @Alram!!! I am plank/scroll/dust boosted.
I am better off with a BTG and taking my goods off the market rather than offering a 20% discount on all the goods I have that nobody wants!

Erivan

@Erivan, I just looked at Elvenstats and your FS is 27% boosted in Marble, 34% boosted in Steel and 39% boosted in Planks. I cant understand why you have an issue with steel. Yes, you have one showing as inactive but still, that player is only the 6th highest out of 9? I do see that Scrolls and Dust are your smaller percentage of the Tier 2 and 3 goods but they are 27% and 26% respectively and that should not cause a major problem that you could not trade for?

What am I missing?
ElvenStats does show that, however, that doesn't account for true production and playstyle. Players are set to 3 collections a day for a common baseline of production capabilities. We do have more (qty) of planks and steel, but sadly our steel players are just not as active as our Marble players. Our top marble producers do outproduce the rest of our FS significantly..

If I could take one for the team, I would go Steel/Scroll/Dust right now, and my production and playstyle could largely balance us out. However, our previous AM was one of our big producers, and is the one IA player. The IA player is temporarily handling RL stuff, but essentially, since I have joined the FS, we have lost steel players, recruited more, but they just don't have the production capabilities or play styles to balance us out.

I have been recruiting hard, and trying not to poach, but I cannot even find suitable targets in the Dead FSs... People quitting is I'm sure part of the game. However, I do not think it is coincidental that there are much fewer steel players I'm seeing active, and if more and more Marble and Planks players can't trade for the resources they need, then they will quit too..

I know I've been considering it myself, which is kinda sad..