• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Moonstone Library goods adjustment

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I agree with this 100%.
I also think it is horrible that players who don't already have them are forever restricted to one.

If it is so horrible, then why not just restrict everything special to a limit of one? One Carting Library, one Ferris Wheel, one Genie, one of each evolving building, one of each expiring military building, and so on. But then, you have not even been playing the game for a year yet, so is some of this sour grapes for not being able to have what people have who have been playing for a lot longer? That may be a totally wrong impression, but lately you have been coming across as really bitter in your posts.

Deleted User - 1178646

If you delete all your moonstone pieces you can go craft that "freebie" too.

People with 1 moonstone set did not cause this and they are not going to make it worse. The production numbers are to low.
I can't help but think that it only worsens the problem to put the spire items in the MA. Maybe they think they can limit it there, but they're just giving extra freebies to those who don't do the spire. Gosh, talk about cutting off your leg to fix a broken toe. :(

I agree, while it does have an impact there is a mayor difference between a player that needs a little less scrolls in his game, and a player then needs no scrolls.

In the first case scrolls move a little slower but they still move, in the latter case slow trading comes to a screetching halt.
currently it's the latter case. scroll trading is based on favors, like helping the homeless or the poor. but not on a need bases.

With just 1 set you still need scrolls. and plenty of is.
Otherwise the gingerbread house with it's crystal/scroll/silk production would have done the same to all t2 goods yet it did not.

Alram

Flippers just flip
But then, you have not even been playing the game for a year yet, so is some of this sour grapes for not being able to have what people have who have been playing for a lot longer?
I think it is the opposite. Have you noticed that some players who have been playing awhile want newer players to just go without lots and lots of things, including even 1 library set?

Iyapo1

So is some of this sour grapes for not being able to have what people have who have been playing for a lot longer? That may be a totally wrong impression, but lately you have been coming across as really bitter in your posts.
This is fair but not exactly accurate. Most of my sour grapes are being directed at dragons jealousy guarding their hoard and smaugly* asserting that new players should not get anything....for their own good or the good of the game.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
That was pretty obvious to me from this part of your post:

Obviously the players aren't giving extra anything to anyone

I truly did not see that implied anywhere. I don't think anyone has an issue with them going into the MA crafting so everyone can get a set. I certainly don't and also agree that a player with one set is not adding to the problem.
But that's not going to solve the problem the original post in this thread was trying to address: People like me who've been doing Spire for 1.5 years and has 10 sets out in one city and 15 in the other with more of the bldgs still in summonings. I'll be putting some of those in storage for the next guest race, but I'll absolutely continue to put them out for the CC's between chapters and along with the CC's will come: more scrolls. I'm trying not to add to the problem (but there are some 'open market' types in this co-op ;) who couldn't care less). I just let my scroll inventory grow (35million+) in my crystal boosted city and don't flood the market with them. I still impact the market somewhat since I don't try to trade crystal for scrolls, only for silk. Not as much of a problem in my scroll boosted city; I just tossed all my scroll factories in storage.
If they'd adjust the goods output so that not every set made the same goods for every player, that would go a long way towards helping, but would still take awhile to deplete levels of inventory like mine. Yes, some players would complain, but the result would be more balanced and more sustainable.

Edit: to change 'could care less' to 'couldn't care less' (can't believe I did that to start with; it's a pet peeve of mine!)
Thank you. You took my meaning as I intended.

Darielle

I think it is the opposite. Have you noticed that some players who have been playing awhile want newer players to just go without lots and lots of things, including even 1 library set?
No, I haven't noticed that at all. I for one do not want new players to have a serious disadvantage over old ones (they should have SOME disadvantage, or there would be no incentive to get to be "older" and have more advantages, but not an insurmountable one that they can't fix by climbing higher.) I haven't seen a single "older" player here who says that the new players should never be able to acquire what they have and want to keep. What I am hearing is the older players are saying that there is a serious imbalance and that even if they are lucky enough to have all the goodies that created the imbalance, they do not think it should continue OVERALL .... and that Inno must do something that is fair to all. I agree with them, even though I don't consider myself an "older" player, having only started in October of 2019.

So in other words, I think it's the opposite of your opposite, lol.

tiG23

sadly, as a newer player (sept 20) I see the advantage as the CCs not the scrolls. There is a shortage of scrolls in my trader, always has been.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Most of my sour grapes are being directed at dragons jealousy guarding their hoard and smaugly* asserting that new players should not get anything....for their own good or the good of the game.
First, +2 internet points for "smaugly."
Second, Who? Where? All I see from advanced/older players is a desire for this to be fixed for everyone. Most on the forums even seem willing to forfeit their own advantage for the health of the game with regards to Libraries and on the other subject (portal profits) players like me who used them for 3 of 16 chapters can see the harm they cause and think that they should be greatly reduced even if that meant taking my whole inventory of PP away as well as giving far less to my baby cities once they reach that point.
That's another point: A significant number of advanced players also have more than one city including baby ones either because the old one is "done" or for testing. Either way, the changes they recommend will affect them as well.

Darielle

First, +2 internet points for "smaugly."
Second, Who? Where? All I see from advanced/older players is a desire for this to be fixed for everyone. Most on the forums even seem willing to forfeit their own advantage for the health of the game with regards to Libraries and on the other subject (portal profits) players like me who used them for 3 of 16 chapters can see the harm they cause and think that they should be greatly reduced even if that meant taking my whole inventory of PP away as well as giving far less to my baby cities once they reach that point.
That's another point: A significant number of advanced players also have more than one city including baby ones either because the old one is "done" or for testing. Either way, the changes they recommend will affect them as well.
Exactamundo. :)

Erivan

Of course they didn't cause the problem. But if you have a glut of an item, it doesn't make sense to offer that item to a new set of people who never play the spire. That doesn't solve the glut; it makes it worse, as I said. The people who have multiple sets will continue to have them. Now, if Inno wants to take away all those multiple sets, that would solve the problem, but I don't see that happening. I think Inno would start WW3 if people suddenly woke up and saw 10 of their libraries gone.

*...if they think they've done anything but make the problem worse.

First off, LOL...
Second, I wouldn't mind if goods were stripped from the libraries and offered more crafting ingredients. I'd be tickled if I woke up and received an extra catalyst and 1000 more spell fragments from my library...

ET-inf3rno

First off, LOL...
Second, I wouldn't mind if goods were stripped from the libraries and offered more crafting ingredients. I'd be tickled if I woke up and received an extra catalyst and 1000 more spell fragments from my library...
2 catalysts, fragments, mana, seeds and uranium would be awesome instead of extra goods.

Deleted User - 1178646

First off, LOL...

You can't strip goods from a building like the library, this will break some cities as they replaced factories with them since they produced that many.
But you can change the output, that does not break any town. it just requires some teams to make different trades on the market.

It's not that people have just 1 library

Last edited by a moderator:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Thank you for proposing again in the ideas and suggestions thread. I know this has come up in many threads before and it's frustrating that the devs aren't listening. I'm not new to the game but new to the forum and rarely ever post but felt the need to post, seriously dev, this is a huge problem! I like the idea of changing the scroll output to boosted + 0.

Yeah, it is frustrating when people don't listen to what you have to say, isn't it?

Of course, as an aside, the problem is what people think -- the surplus scrolls is a symptom of a bigger problem -- but that's just an aside in reference to my vociferous out put on the real problem. (Aren't you glad I didn't go on about THAT?! LOL!)

As for the proposal, I'm okay with it. I have 8 moonstone libraries and no Scrolls producing MFRS and have only a small surplus of scrolls. I like the CC's I get and won't be putting them away any time soon.

AJ

Erivan

You can't strip goods from a building like the library, this will break some cities as they replaced factories with them since they produced that many.
But you can change the output, that does not break any town. it just requires some teams to make different trades on the market.

It's not that people have just 1 library

I don't know how to not come off the wrong way saying this, but our cities change..
If some have put away their Scroll and Dust manufactories (this further exemplifies the extent of the problem) because of the Moonstone Libraries production, then they'll need to rebuild them.

The issue that needs to be address is that some players, especially those boosted in BOTH Scrolls and Dust (Poor Things), have had the value of their boosted goods almost entirely wiped out. This is the balance that holds the entire economy and game together, and one building set has broken it.

Still, going +0, +1, ... is the quickest way to restore the balance, immediately.

Deleted User - 1178646

I don't know how to not come off the wrong way saying this, but our cities change..
If some have put away their Scroll and Dust manufactories (this further exemplifies the extent of the problem) because of the Moonstone Libraries production, then they'll need to rebuild them.

The issue that needs to be address is that some players, especially those boosted in BOTH Scrolls and Dust (Poor Things), have had the value of their boosted goods almost entirely wiped out. This is the balance that holds the entire economy and game together, and one building set has broken it.

Still, going +0, +1, ... is the quickest way to restore the balance, immediately.
Change ain't bad, but you can't make changes like that,
They have tried in the past with another loophole and lost like 50% of the playerbase on that server in a few days.

Adjustments have to be gradual, you can't make sudden massive changes without consequesnces.
Lets say I am a chapter 14/15 town and replaced my scroll factories with libraries because frankly there better and I am screwed anyway.

Now you remove all the production, it will take me about 2-3 months!!!! to build 6 new scroll factories to the level of my chapter. (assuming I did not remove homes ans stuff because I no longer needed the population otherwise it gets even nastier)
So for 2 months I am without any production whatsoever. and off course in that time I can't do anything else either as my workers are working hard on my factories.

Does that make sense to you, does that signify change? or did I just destroy your city like a some PvP game had some gangkers raze my town to dust?
And let this be the "anti" PvP game where people go to if they hate PvP.

Iyapo1

Now you remove all the production, it will take me about 2-3 months!!!! to build 6 new scroll factories to the level of my chapter. (assuming I did not remove homes ans stuff because I no longer needed the population otherwise it gets even nastier)
So for 2 months I am without any production whatsoever.
2 or three months to build scroll factories? In what game? Not this one. You have more than enough timers to do this several dozen times in 5 minutes.

True, you are not the average player but I would bet that any player with a massive boneyard, spires and works the MA. =Speedup timers

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The issue that needs to be address is that some players, especially those boosted in BOTH Scrolls and Dust (Poor Things), have had the value of their boosted goods almost entirely wiped out.

Who has problems trading off their Dust? I have always seen that as the lowest supply of all three tier 3 goods and people almost never offer their Dust in trades.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
So the mana plant and gum tree give dust at orc level and lower but how much difference can that make? I've never gained a checkmark on a goods quest from this, while I have from the Library.

Deleted User - 1178646

2 or three months to build scroll factories? In what game? Not this one. You have more than enough timers to do this several dozen times in 5 minutes.

True, you are not the average player but I would bet that any player with a massive boneyard, spires and works the MA. =Speedup timers

are you considering timeboosters and "not time"?
And why assume everyone has a ton of them?

Also I would hate it to be forced to use them on my buildings because some jackass action.

building a scroll factory to level 27 (amuni level) takes 314 hour, thats almost 2 weeks, add some decent losses for nights, workhour and you're more looking like 3-4 weeks for a sibgle factory.

With 4 workers you cannot build 6 in 1 pass. so you need 2 passes. and if you are a budget player 3 passes.

And again why should I waste 11 weeks of timeboosters on rebuilding a handfull of factories? does that even make sense?

So yes it's THIS game I am talking about. whenever t5 or t6 comes up I always advise to start building 4 weeks ahead as very few are always online and can actually build it in the minimum time required.