• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

More an more frustration with this game

DeletedUser2768

I'm finding myself more and more disenchanted with this game. The mobile loads quicker, and it's easier to visit, but the only communication is chat, which doesn't always work right.

Then, there's the PC edition. I don't know which sucks worse: HTML5 that we're supposed to be using, or Flash. They are equally frustrating. Flash loads a little faster, but crashes often. HTML5 takes forever to load, and the graphics are worse that Flash. I'm finding it takes me the better part of an hour to load all 5 of my cities and collect/reset my goods. I find myself feeling pressured to get the basics done before the game crashes and I have to spend even more time waiting for it to load all over again.

I love the game, and most of the people I play with. I just do NOT love the mechanics of how this game loads right now. I've tried being patient, but with every update, it seems like they're working on the useless minutia instead of solidifying what they already have that's barely working.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

DeletedUser9601

I can't comment on the underlying frustration about loading times/crashes. Its not something I experience. But I could see 5 cities being the real source of the frustration. Even with perfect loading times, that's a lot of jumping around. It makes it hard to spend lots of time in one chat, and to just sit and enjoy/think about your city and the game.
I get the value of having 5 cities, but maybe put 1 or 2 of them on hold for a bit? See if 3 games is more manageable (and if 3 cities' worth of cache runs faster on your browser than 5)?

DeletedUser20929

I just did a lighthouse audit in chrome. 4.4s to first contentful paint. Not amazing. But I doubt that that is what you are lementing. I would recommend trying an audit (F12 in chrome, and then scroll way over to performance) try it again in incognito. If incognito is way better than you might have an extension messing with the app.

Also if you are comparing an iPhone XS to a pentium 2 in a laptop there might be another reason. New phones are rivaling new processors at single threaded operations and their OS's are way lighter. But if you can identify your bottleneck you might be able to tweak it or drop come cash on a fix.

Sincerely a sometime frustrated developer, who has a really beefy computer.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I tried the Audit in Chrome but got mostly errors in this game :( It doesn't really matter because I don't have any performance problems that I can think of. Luckily I have a very nice laptop so that is probably the reason I have no problems with loading, etc.

DeletedUser19914

Mostly playing on browser (Firefox). I have to say that I don''t see problems with loading times other than the occasional freeze at 19/26. (Exceptions exist when my wife is downloading a book on Wifi.) The times seem comparable with both my browser and my Galaxy Note 10.1(2014) with it's ancient Android system.

I suppose I ought to try to see graphics change on Flash vs Html5, if I can figure a way to disable Html5.

DeletedUser20396

I'm finding myself more and more disenchanted with this game. The mobile loads quicker, and it's easier to visit, but the only communication is chat, which doesn't always work right.

Then, there's the PC edition. I don't know which sucks worse: HTML5 that we're supposed to be using, or Flash. They are equally frustrating. Flash loads a little faster, but crashes often. HTML5 takes forever to load, and the graphics are worse that Flash. I'm finding it takes me the better part of an hour to load all 5 of my cities and collect/reset my goods. I find myself feeling pressured to get the basics done before the game crashes and I have to spend even more time waiting for it to load all over again.

I love the game, and most of the people I play with. I just do NOT love the mechanics of how this game loads right now. I've tried being patient, but with every update, it seems like they're working on the useless minutia instead of solidifying what they already have that's barely working.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

What I figured out to do everytime I enter on a pc windows 10, Intel Corei3 cpu, and Microsoft edge as a browser, is that when it hits 11/26, is that I hit refresh, (F5), and when it comes from the blue, to #12, then I know it's going to work. Also I run flash. :) It works fast, but I'm only in one world at the moment. :)

DeletedUser2768

I get the value of having 5 cities, but maybe put 1 or 2 of them on hold for a bit? See if 3 games is more manageable (and if 3 cities' worth of cache runs faster on your browser than 5)?

I had rebooted all 7 of my cities. I have, in the last few days, cut back to the 5. The only time it doesn't lag and load slowly is when I only have one city going at at time. I've even tried opening the tabs for all 5 cities, but staying at the selection screen until I'm ready to move on to the next one. I still get a loading lag for the 1st or the 5th city.

I just did a lighthouse audit in chrome. 4.4s to first contentful paint. Not amazing. But I doubt that that is what you are lementing. I would recommend trying an audit (F12 in chrome, and then scroll way over to performance) try it again in incognito. If incognito is way better than you might have an extension messing with the app.

Also if you are comparing an iPhone XS to a pentium 2 in a laptop there might be another reason. New phones are rivaling new processors at single threaded operations and their OS's are way lighter. But if you can identify your bottleneck you might be able to tweak it or drop come cash on a fix.

Sincerely a sometime frustrated developer, who has a really beefy computer.

I almost understand this. I'll copy/paste and try it. The worst that can happen is nothing.

Mostly playing on browser (Firefox). I have to say that I don''t see problems with loading times other than the occasional freeze at 19/26. (Exceptions exist when my wife is downloading a book on Wifi.) The times seem comparable with both my browser and my Galaxy Note 10.1(2014) with it's ancient Android system.

I suppose I ought to try to see graphics change on Flash vs Html5, if I can figure a way to disable Html5.

No freezing for me, it just takes FOREVER to load a world. My Tab 3 won't play the game.

DeletedUser19914

RosehawkATA said:
I had rebooted all 7 of my cities. I have, in the last few days, cut back to the 5. The only time it doesn't lag and load slowly is when I only have one city going at at time. I've even tried opening the tabs for all 5 cities, but staying at the selection screen until I'm ready to move on to the next one. I still get a loading lag for the 1st or the 5th city.

Something I have observed is that the server continually "exercises" each browser tab, shuts updates down when one is not looking at it, and then catches up when one makes the tab active again.. (Eventually it will shut down the connection.) If you are trying to open/maintain 5 cities at once you may be overloading your internet connection with traffic to and from the server. If I may suggest a solution, it would be to hold on the login screen for each city, then logout City A, click to login City B and click to load the city. It's not as convenient, but it may help.

Deleted User - 593524

I can't comment on the underlying frustration about loading times/crashes. Its not something I experience. But I could see 5 cities being the real source of the frustration. Even with perfect loading times, that's a lot of jumping around. It makes it hard to spend lots of time in one chat, and to just sit and enjoy/think about your city and the game.

At one time I had 7 cities and hated it. Now I am down to 1 live and Beta. It is much more enjoyable