• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

More Cities Just For Diamonds?

• Thread starter DeletedUser5800
  • Start date

DeletedUser5800

Since they have added diamonds to the tech. tree and they all go into one account does that mean it is now possible to start cities on other servers just to farm the diamonds for your main city and is this against the rules? :confused:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I suppose, but you would have to be advancing your other cities, so I don't think it would be against the rules. And at 400 diamonds per chapter, how many would you need to make it worth the effort?

DeletedUser5800

how many would you need to make it worth the effort?
If I started one on all the remaining US servers and went through orcs I could get like ONE expansion on my main. LOL Which adds to the question, do they carry over from all servers? I might have had a horrible idea here. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Many people have multiple accounts on different worlds and some even on the same world (which is allowed). The fact you have to be actively playing I really don't see this as an issue. Diamonds are shared between worlds on the one servers so all US worlds have the same pool of diamonds which is separate to the Beta world, etc.

DeletedUser5800

The fact you have to be actively playing I really don't see this as an issue.
That's how I thought of it but it was suggested elsewhere that it could be pushing. Can one push themselves from a single account? Is that a grey area philosophical question? Now I'm not sure...

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I don't see how it is pushing in this instance as they have created diamond purchases to work in this way. They have also allowed people to create accounts on multiple worlds which I have never heard considered to be pushing, only those on same world depending on situation.

If you create 10 accounts per world or something silly than perhaps but, I can't see how legitimately playing an account on each world but only using those diamonds on one account would be an issue.

Those diamonds will only go so far anyway as prices for most things increase exponentially.

DeletedUser13415

Doesn't sound like pushing at all.

If someone has actually implied in anyway that this is pushing would love to see a quote.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
i'm detecting some possible confusion here in a few of the comments
it is possible that i understand this wrong, but here is how i see it working
diamonds are usable by any city on the same account
so if "Lord Grendel" buys or earns diamonds on F world
they can be used by the "Lord Grendel" city on C world
but if Bob, who has the Lord Grendel account creates alt accounts as "Lord Grendel Jr" and "Lady Hortense Grendel" those alt accounts will not have access to the Lord Grendel diamonds no matter which world they are on

in other words
an account can share diamonds across worlds
but a user cannot share diamonds across accounts

DeletedUser5800

If someone has actually implied in anyway that this is pushing would love to see a quote.
It was from an outside of the forums group so I can't give you a proper quote but the comment there that caused me to ask the question here was...
"Nice idea - but I suspect you would be breaking the EULA on several counts"

But for once there was no vagueness to the answer so that's nice. :cool:

DeletedUser5800

You're talking about months and months of effort to earn $10USD of diamonds.
IF a person only has one city and starts the other 6, at 400 a chapter after dwarves so 2400 which is a $20 deal every chapter break. With a straight tech speed build it would take probably 5 months to get started but then you get $20 worth of free diamonds every 1-2 months after. Assuming they are identical and you are putting the least effort possible, maybe 30 min. a day. For a person with nothing else to do it could be a viable return compared to staring at the floor. :D

I agree though, I'm 100% positive I could go set in the front yard for that same 30 min. every day with a sign that said, 'I need $20 to buy Elvenar diamonds!' and get a better return for time... but then I'd have to go outside and interact with some amount of people... :eek:

Conclusion: It's insane but it is a thing that can be done... and probably already is being done, though maybe not premeditated. Several people play all the worlds, most probably favor one of them with diamond expenditures, this just theoretically makes it more efficient being that it's planned. :)