• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

More optional quests

DeletedUser

I would like to see more quests that 20-60% might skip due to their playing style. Some examples are

Build a goods building other than your preferred goods.
Advance your secondary good buildings.
Collect good relics other than your preferred goods.
Polish a neighbors culture item. (This might already exist. I have not seen one)

I am sure other optional quests could be determined if the tech tree is expanded or additional options are created for buildings.

DeletedUser

I have a Beta account that I am experimentally trying to play with zero military assets. It really sucks that the barracks can neither be declined nor deleted(sold) once built.
barracks.jpg

DeletedUser

That's right. Notice that hovering over a building in Sell mode pops up the resources you would recover by doing so; there is no such option for the Trader, Barracks, Builder or Main Hall.

DeletedUser511

Oh never tried to delete them so didnt know. I dont think you would get to far in the game withou it anyways.

DeletedUser

Well, leading back to the OT: I think it should be a viable (if challenging) option.

DeletedUser

If you advance further in the tech tree, you'll see quests like 'upgrade one manufactory to lvl 6 or higher' and 'gain 4 relics', and both of them take nonboosted ones. I don't see any quest encouraging neighborly help though, maybe introducing one could get more people to help the community.

DeletedUser

I had the same situation with the trader. Since there were no active people in my neighborhood, I wanted to delete my trader and use the space for a couple goods buildings. And despite my best efforts I could not delete the trader. Now there are a few people very far away that are trading goods at a good rate so its worth having a trader but it wasn't worth it for while.

DeletedUser174

I am having trouble keeping up with the goods needs. Everything that you do needs soooo much it is hard to complete some of the quests. i am upgrading factories as fast as i can and it is really hard. i am not one of those players that can buy diamonds either and that is a disadvantage to say the least. i am also trading and posting trades as much as possible. Is there something else I can do that i am missing? Anyone with any suggestions i would really appreciate them. thank you

DeletedUser

Is there something else I can do that i am missing? Anyone with any suggestions i would really appreciate them. thank you
Basically you need to stop trying to do every single quest. Stop and look at the cost/reward and figure out when it makes more sense to click "Decline."

DeletedUser626

I would like to see more quests that 20-60% might skip due to their playing style. Some examples are

Build a goods building other than your preferred goods.
Advance your secondary good buildings.
Collect good relics other than your preferred goods.
Polish a neighbors culture item. (This might already exist. I have not seen one)

I am sure other optional quests could be determined if the tech tree is expanded or additional options are created for buildings.

i'd like more quests that can be completed in under 2 hours.
quests i decline most are manufacture the 24 hour items, upgrade (x) residences, and build (x) troops take longer then other quests to get the similar rewards.
I think the neighbor help quest would be a great addition to the cycle of quests most of us would accept to complete.

DeletedUser174

Basically you need to stop trying to do every single quest. Stop and look at the cost/reward and figure out when it makes more sense to click "Decline."
It isn't the optional ones i hve trouble with. the skills tree is very expensive - even when you have all the knowledge points covered. that is what is expensive. i am trying to upgrade my goods and tools just to keep up.

DeletedUser626

It isn't the optional ones i hve trouble with. the skills tree is very expensive - even when you have all the knowledge points covered. that is what is expensive. i am trying to upgrade my goods and tools just to keep up.

to help with getting the resources needed for finishing a research skill.
I cycle the repeatable quests for the quests that allow for getting coin/supplies/goods to get me closer to finishing the skill.
then check the trader for good deals that will help, if none are there i'll buy them from the wholesaler.
Edited to write in - I was sure surprised to find out how many repeatable quests could be completed in under 10 minutes of log in, after letting the resources build up over night.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser174

to help with getting the resources needed for finishing a research skill.
I cycle the repeatable quests for the quests that allow for getting coin/supplies/goods to get me closer to finishing the skill.
then check the trader for good deals that will help, if none are there i'll buy them from the wholesaler.
Edited to write in - I was sure surprised to find out how many repeatable quests could be completed in under 10 minutes of log in, after letting the resources build up over night.
thank you, that does help