• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Move City Button Gone?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1759441
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1759441

There used to be a button in options, (bottom right of map) that would allow elvenar to move your map if your area got dead? i was looking to make sure this button is on and literally, cannot even find that button now? did they move it? did they take it out? any help / information will be appreciated?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Yes, I'm afraid there's no way to avoid being moved now. That button no longer exists, and if the Inno auto mover thinks you should move, you will. (Not that the auto mover can "think," lol. but you know what I mean.)

Deleted User - 1759441

Thank you, i want moved when possible. i just could not find the old option button. :+)

Zoof

There used to be a button in options, (bottom right of map) that would allow elvenar to move your map if your area got dead? i was looking to make sure this button is on and literally, cannot even find that button now? did they move it? did they take it out? any help / information will be appreciated?
I don't recall there ever being a "Move City" button.

I do recall, however, there used to being a "Don't Move Me" button, which would cause the city moving algorithm to skip over you. Except it never really worked because the algorithm was broken. So it was removed to ensure that when the algorithm got fixed, it would consolidate all* the active cities.

I can’t locate the post but back when Inno ‘fixed’ the move algorithm they removed the button and all cities get looked at for possible move to a new location.

I believe it was the discussion thread linked to by this announcement

----------------

* This, of course, was also borked. In much more subtle ways that few would find out until many months later.