• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mtn Halls relic boost and difficulty formula question

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
So I have a question, which I'm not sure anyone will actually have the answer to. I was looking at my Mountain Halls the other day, and doing some calculations on MinMax's spreadsheet at the same time, and I suddenly wondered if the production boost that the Mountain Halls gives gets factored into the CAL number. As in, can the relic boost portion of the formula exceed 700%? His example numbers on the original spreadsheet seem to suggest that it can. If so, then Mtn Halls suddenly doesn't seem worth building at all because it would get a double whammy in the formula with both the boost percentage and the wonder levels counting against you, and based on quickie math, I don't think it possibly gives enough of a production boost at any level or chapter to make up for that.

So, does anyone know if the boost percentage from Mountain Halls (or any of the wonders that boost Sentient production, for that matter) affects the formula?

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Ignorance does not equal stupidity. Remember that, my young Padawan. ;) :D
It's shorthand for City Advancement Level, as described on MinMax Gamer's website here: "CAL, or City Advancement Level Model takes different parameters that developers consider relevant for city development (e.g. relics boost, research, AW levels and expansions) and bakes all of them into a single CAL number. This number represents city advancement level (duh!) the way the game sees it. I.e. if you have a higher CAL number, your squad sizes and catering costs for the same encounters will be higher in both Spire and the tournaments. Literally all size/amount parameters in the Spire and tournaments for any particular encounter are determined by this single number."

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
So, does anyone know if the boost percentage from Mountain Halls (or any of the wonders that boost Sentient production, for that matter) affects the formula?
I don't believe Mountain Hall counts. It's max of your highest boosted relic, so most people that number is just 700. If you are just a new city starting out, this does have an effect. For example, we have a diamond farming member that likes to keep his city as small as possible to make Spire as cheap as possible. He is afraid of the tourney as it would accrue relics and boost his relic number. We putz around with the spreadsheet and determined he'd be just fine even if he did max out his relics. If you continue to progress, it just becomes a constant, hence most people don't even talk about relic boost when talking about "the formula". I've even seen people post the formula where it's presented as a constant with default at 700.

Yes, everything is driven by CAL but there are separate Spire and Tourney progression tables that tells the story of what happens as you go up in encounter. They are just ratios and multipliers though, so the root of it is still your CAL number.

StarLoad

Yes, everything is driven by CAL but there are separate Spire and Tourney progression tables that tells the story of what happens as you go up in encounter. They are just ratios and multipliers though, so the root of it is still your CAL number.
So what can you do to reduce your CAL diet wise of course?

Ed

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
considering it counts for wonder levels it would be particularly nasty to count its relic effect as well. Like the others I understand its boost is not counted.
Yeah, that's what worried me! I had been assuming it didn't count but I got confused when I noticed that MinMax's spreadsheet came preset with a number higher than 700, making me wonder if it was possible for a higher number to be counted. Thanks for clearing it up for me, everyone! @crackie @Enevhar Aldarion @Mykan :)