• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Multiple Builders working together

michmarc

Having lots of builders can be helpful at times, but there are other times where you're in a building lull and your builders don't have a lot to do. Or you really want this one building built faster. I think it would be helpful to allow you to assign multiple builders to a building to get it built faster.

Maybe additional builders are only half as efficient as the first builder. So if you have a 12 hour construction job, with 1 worker, it will get one in 12h. With 2 workers, it will get done in 8 hours and with 3 workers, it will get done in 6 hours. If you have neighborly help bonuses, each additional worker that comes with a NH boost will reduce the build time by 5% (instead of 10%). 5 workers with 5 NH bonuses could build a 12h building in 2h48.

Note that if you have multiple buildings to upgrade, it would still be faster to use one builder per building. Upgrading 5 12h buildings, with NH help would take 10h48 to upgrade them using one builder per building, but 14 hours total doing them one at a time with all 5 builders (even assuming you can 'recharge' the NH between each build).

If we assume that you can never "unassign" builders (only cancel the entire build), then this could be implemented simply as a reduction in timers. Much like the 12hour build with a NH builder will result in the first 1h12 being "completed" immediately, assigning a second builder would simply reduce the timer by an immediate 33.3% of the remaining time (or 38.3% for a NH builder), so in my original example, the 12h building would look like it has 4h finished with 8h to go.

Tell Inno that this might drive diamond sales for people buying all 5 builders. I have 4 right now, and I see little reason to invest in the 5th since I wouldn't keep it busy enough to justify the cost. With this feature, I might be tempted.

DeletedUser2870

I like the idea.
I have 4 builders, but am not sure it would tempt me to get the last one. Upgrading tends to come in bursts, so for a little while,I'll have all 4 working, then for a long time will have all 4 idle. Or 3 while an AW gets upgraded for instance.
I would consider it a waste to invest diamonds in that last builder just to speed up the upgrades a little bit more. Yet especially in the later chapters it would be nice to be able to assign multiple builders to the same building. On the other hand, time boosters already exist, as well as the possibility to finish an upgrade for diamonds, so I doubt Inno will implement this feature.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am too lazy to go dig for them, but we have had suggestion threads for this before over the years and they keep ignoring it.