• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

My language, your language.

neeronie

This is a game that is played by players from all over the world. Is it possible that some players do not chat or message or return messages because they speak another language? Is there a way to provide a translator link?

Alpha Lyrae

It's possible that someone who doesn't speak English plays on the US or EN servers, but there are separate servers for other countries. I think it's unlikely that someone in one of those countries sought out an English server if they didn't speak English.

Our US servers are us.elvenar.com and the others follow a similar pattern.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Actually, many people who are learning English (and just about every non-French child in the world is taught at least rudimentary English), often play on English speaking servers partly in hopes of improving their English. Only the French avoid the practice out of pure pride. ;>)

At least that's been my experience over many, many games.

AJ

Deleted User - 4646370

Only the French avoid the practice out of pure pride. ;>)
Please remove this. :mad: (I apologize for the off topic commentary).
(I didn't report because I agree with the rest of the post)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1178646

It's possible that someone who doesn't speak English plays on the US or EN servers, but there are separate servers for other countries. I think it's unlikely that someone in one of those countries sought out an English server if they didn't speak English.

Our US servers are us.elvenar.com and the others follow a similar pattern.

The app defaults to the US server (at least it did)

DeletedUser25004

Im not native english, im danish and i play here because the add send me to the US servers for some reason, and now im stuck here. or well i dont want to start over again on the danish server.

neeronie

Im not native english, im danish and i play here because the add send me to the US servers for some reason, and now im stuck here. or well i dont want to start over again on the danish server.
So I guess it is possible that one of my Fellows does not speak the same language. It would be a help to have a translator. Just a wild idea on my part, but I would like anyway which helps especially if it adds the bonus of being able to get to know someone from another part of the world we call Earth.

NightshadeCS

It's a nice idea, but I really don't know if its feasible. It was like pulling teeth getting the most minor changes to the chat quite a long time ago, and the developers said they use third-party software for that, so it is ultimately out of their control. I would say the best you can do is ask each one of your members if they speak English, and if you discover someone speaks something else, use Google Translate.

DeletedUser25004

It is very possible that there are people of other nationalities with non-english laguages yes. im my fellowship there is me(danish), one from sweden, and one from germany. But we all speak english as a second language. So id say that its less likely that there are people not speaking english.
@neeronie

neeronie

well,
It is very possible that there are people of other nationalities with non-english laguages yes. im my fellowship there is me(danish), one from sweden, and one from germany. But we all speak english as a second language. So id say that its less likely that there are people not speaking english.
@neeronie
I am sure you are correct. There will be exceptions, I am trying to converse with someone from Srilanka for the passed few days, Karma I guess. This game is available all over the world. I can understand that this is not a usual situation and only a very small minority will come across this situation. Just a dream on my part that there would be an in-game solution.