• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

My new Cerberus

First post, please be gentle :)

Thanks to the recent upgrade I have been able to acquire a Cerberus, yay! I have trained a few but can't fight with them. My army set-up when I fight only has 5 windows for my swordsman, archer, mage, treant and golem. What do I have to upgrade to gain another window for my cerberus?

Sorry, new(ish) player so still finding my way around a bit.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
There is a tab you can select to see troops from the training ground
2016_11_11_21_13_42.jpg

DeletedUser594

It's a whole new system so we are all stumbling through it as well. I keep forgetting about any troops not on the main barracks screen.

There is a tab you can select to see troops from the training ground
2016_11_11_21_13_42.jpg

Thanks for your reply Mykan, I discovered the tab earlier but the forum was undergoing maintenance so I couldn't get on. Anyway, I can now use my cerberus.

See in your screenshot ^^^ there are 5 windows for your squads, and you are fighting against 6 different squads, well, how can I get a sixth window to use 6 squads? I guess upgrading and research (and patience). At the moment I am just losing all my troops fighting bigger armies with more units. From reading some of the posts it seems I'm not alone.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
We cant have more than 5 slots for troops the enemy however can have up to 8 squads, but the numbers of the squads are smaller if they have 8 squads, compared to if they have 5 as I understand it.

DeletedUser3312

I call foul on the max number of squads for players. If the enemy can have them, we should be afforded the same privilege. Even if they are not as strong... strength in numbers is a force to be reckoned with. back to back hits from a larger army is highly unfair. I feel that as you grow and advance in the game, so should your squads. from 5 to 8 or 10... what ever the max is. In real life you do not send a few soldiers against a massive army and say.. well you need to calculate the strategy. oh hell no. you make a plan and go in with all you have and destroy.

DeletedUser4778

I call foul on the max number of squads for players. If the enemy can have them, we should be afforded the same privilege. Even if they are not as strong... strength in numbers is a force to be reckoned with. back to back hits from a larger army is highly unfair. I feel that as you grow and advance in the game, so should your squads. from 5 to 8 or 10... what ever the max is. In real life you do not send a few soldiers against a massive army and say.. well you need to calculate the strategy. oh hell no. you make a plan and go in with all you have and destroy.

I couldn't agree with you more, Jewess. I find it grossly unfair that the enemy can have eight squads but we are limited to only five. Military benefits in this game are so small as to be not worth the effort and expense. Negotiating is expensive, yes, but so is building troops. At least negotiating is a sure thing unlike fights where you can lose.

I couldn't agree with you more, Jewess. I find it grossly unfair that the enemy can have eight squads but we are limited to only five. Military benefits in this game are so small as to be not worth the effort and expense. Negotiating is expensive, yes, but so is building troops. At least negotiating is a sure thing unlike fights where you can lose.

Absolutely! It seems only fair that as you progress through the game you are able to increase the number of squads you can use to match your opponents . I'm having to use money and supplies to negotiate, when what I want to do is fight, but given the unfair advantage I'm just watching my troops getting slaughtered.

DeletedUser61

It's not actually as unfair as you might suppose. The variety of defending opponents merely requires either a zerging approach if you can overwhelm a few strong squads, or a pick off the stragglers approach if you're facing a lot of weak squads.

A few strong squads will have FEWER troops, over all, while the ubiquitous weak squads will have MORE troops overall.
Your odds of winning are pretty much the same either way, you just have to use different tactics.

DeletedUser3312

I don't know Jewess, with my skills (or lack thereof) I could just be sending more soldiers to their death.

Which is why I feel it totally unbalanced and unfair. If the enemy has 8 squads, players should as well. Saying it is impossible to give players the same advantage as the AI has is ... well... wrong. Players should be balanced with the AI. You should not have to study and research all the different strengths and weaknesses between so many different soldier types. This is not a battle game it is a city building game. If it were a battle game, I could totally understand that battle strategy was critical and required a lot of study and research. But ... it is a city building game. battles should be less of a focus than they are. More weight should be given to building and growing a city. Sadly the tech tree is now filled with all sorts of battle stuff. and battles are so skewed to AI's advantage.