• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

My suggestion...

DeletedUser1876

Thanks for messing up my game with orcs. With no way to get an expansion, I am shocked you would do this to the high rankers,

I am leaving because of it

The Little Rascal

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm in the process of exiting the whole game, and never playing another Inno game because of the tyrannical behavior of the mods, among other things. I had not reached the Orc portion of the game yet, but the breeding and selling of Orcs is distasteful to me, and there's zero reason for the developers to put them into the game where they did, causing such unnecessary problems for dedicated players.

Maz Mellor

I'm in the process of exiting the whole game, and never playing another Inno game because of the tyrannical behavior of the mods, among other things. I had not reached the Orc portion of the game yet, but the breeding and selling of Orcs is distasteful to me, and there's zero reason for the developers to put them into the game where they did, causing such unnecessary problems for dedicated players.

Missanthropy deleted a paragraph that violated the forum rules.

I have been playing this game devotedly for about nine months now, with an elven city on Arendyll and a human city on Winyandor. I have spent some real money to buy diamonds for builders, expansions, and premium culture buildings. I run a fellowship and help out my neighbors. And I really, really don't want to breed and sell orcs, goblins, or any other beings, nor do I fancy turning my cities into dungheaps and boneyards.

Please, devs, go back and revise this chapter while relatively few people have built the orc/goblin portal. Change the story. Finish the flying fighting units first, maybe. Give me something to look forward to as I work my way through Dwarves and Fairies, rather than something to dread.

I'm not saying all this to cause trouble or be a jerk. I've invested a lot of time and energy and a modest sum of money in this game, and I want the best for it—for all of us.

Yours sincerely,
Maz Mellor

DeletedUser

You all might find this interesting... from the Forum Rules...
16. Conclusion
Freedom-of-speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one.
We reserve the right to deactivate any account and edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.

Believe in whatever you want...just don't talk about it.

Maz Mellor

16. Conclusion
Freedom-of-speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one.
We reserve the right to deactivate any account and edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.

:eek::eek::eek:

DeletedUser1876

I am currently ranked at 23, after dropping from 17, I have worked tirelessly to achieve that rank. The only expansions left were the provinces.
I had two scouted, they took over 24 hours to scout, each. I look and it would cost me 587 diamonds to clear one gem province.
No chance to fight it out numbered to the degree it is suicide for my army. I am not to orcs yet so no chance to get the little things needed for expansion. This is past unfair, to those who worked the hardest in this game.

DeletedUser

Yes, I referenced that 'rule' in another thread.
I was a defense policy analyst before taking a flying leap out of the rat race and moving to Mexico, and the Forum Rules are possibly the worst I've ever seen. Anywhere. Ever.

DeletedUser43

The Age of * (I am not allowed to even say that word) could so easily be changed by one word of text. I am beyond baffled why they are freaking out about making such a minute change. They claim they don't mean that, and if so, then it is simple beyond belief to take that concept out of the game. If you just trade orc things instead of orcs then there is no issue. Perhaps it is a matter of English language construction is bringing in all this confusion. Maybe they don't realize what they have said. I mean, if they don't mean what they have said, then it is simple to change what they have said to mean what they say they want to mean.

ROFL. In fact I am sure part of this is a language issue. They wrote that the rally point is a place where you can "assemble" orcs. Now, unless we have suddenly become deities, I am pretty sure they don't mean what that says!!

What an interesting age indeed!

DeletedUser627

I feel that the Orc restriction is part of a 4-prong drive to increase sales:

First came the chests: these make conservative players get used to closing encounters and being rewarded with more expansions
Second, came the early Wonders that take up space while providing virtually no benefit and slowing expansions via province encounters
Third, limit strong players by requiring Orcs too soon
Fourth (coming in a week or so) allow players to purchase 33 expansions at will.

Can you see the connection? Players are required to have encounters in order to open chests, so now they can buy them. Players are manipulated into needing expansions because they've filled their grid with the Wonderless, so magically they can buy them. Players who avoid this temptation are then shut down mid-Dwarven level and either die on the vine or buy expansions.

This strategy works for Inno on several levels. Since early play is made easier, some beginners might continue longer. The Magic Academy and Wonders are appealing - and beginners are beguiled into thinking they're cool. They buy Runes and a couple of easy Expansions, pop them down and play along thinking this is an easy game. They don't know they've just made their game harder...so they'll get mired down and quit. But to Inno's way of thinking, at least they'll quit later after having contributed some revenue. I've looked at this over and over, and just can't find a way to interpret early Wonders / Academy as a genuine attempt to improve the game: it's just a marketing ploy.

Those of us who persevere through to Dwarven level - and then magically find ourselves unable to expand without Orcs...well, Inno knows we're less likely to quit. We may complain and be unhappy about it, but - having vested so much time into the game = we're just more likely to suck it up, keep playing, and maybe even buy a few expansions as needed.

DeletedUser1016

You all might find this interesting... from the Forum Rules...
16. Conclusion
Does that rule apply to moderators also?

NO

DeletedUser

They sure don't, seeing as how I just got my hand slapped for inappropriate language, which appears to be code for "you hurt my feelings".

Pretty funny, considering I've dismantled my city and am 3 star trading until there's not much left. I'll be done with Inno completely within a couple of hours.

DeletedUser

is the Magic Academy necessary? It takes up a lot of room and I've only used it once to complete a quest...

DeletedUser

Use it to boost your culture and supply production. Those two spells alone made it worth it for me.

DeletedUser

ahh...ok...thanks
I'm an idiot at times... i unlocked level 4 expansion before unlocking level 3...can I use the level 4? Or do I have to unlock level 3?

Maz Mellor

The Age of * (I am not allowed to even say that word) could so easily be changed by one word of text. I am beyond baffled why they are freaking out about making such a minute change. They claim they don't mean that, and if so, then it is simple beyond belief to take that concept out of the game. If you just trade orc things instead of orcs then there is no issue. Perhaps it is a matter of English language construction is bringing in all this confusion. Maybe they don't realize what they have said. I mean, if they don't mean what they have said, then it is simple to change what they have said to mean what they say they want to mean.

ROFL. In fact I am sure part of this is a language issue. They wrote that the rally point is a place where you can "assemble" orcs. Now, unless we have suddenly become deities, I am pretty sure they don't mean what that says!!

Um, yeah. I just had a paragraph of my last post deleted by The Powers That Be. Guess I used The Word That Shall Not Be Spoken. :eek:

P.S. Orc assemblage: now there's a gory prospect!!