• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mykans Guide - Repeatable Quests

DeletedUser13341

Quests by Era
Era 1 - The Arrival

Strategy
A strategy used by some players is to decline a repeatable quest until they get a quest they want which compliments an action they are going to take in the game. This can be a great way to increase your coins and supplies and is very effective in early chapters. A warning however with this is quests were not designed to be used in this fashion and could be considered an exploit of a game feature. While there is nothing inherently wrong with this approach be careful that if you base your strategy on relying in this that it is possible a future game update may prevent this causing you distress. Previously an update on beta did prevent this but never came to the live server.

The game can be played without relying on this strategy and occasional declining of quests for a more casual player.

I’m new to the game and discovered this process early on. However, I found at some point I lost access to the Era 1 Repeatables. I stopped playing there because I feel like I was no where near ready to continue in Era 2. So I started a new world and have been using the quests to propel me a bit.

I’m curious to know if there is an exact point in which the Repeatables for Era 1 disappears entirely and converts over. I had read somewhere it was possible to advance through a large portion of Era 2 techs without triggering the new Quests, but dont remember where I read that and not sure if it has been changed as you mentioned it could be.

Thanks in advance for any help

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It is based on your progress of the mainline quests. Normally completing the research advanced scout quest or some similar quest will trigger the new set.

DeletedUser13341

It is based on your progress of the mainline quests. Normally completing the research advanced scout quest or some similar quest will trigger the new set.

Okay thank you! I think that was what happened to me on my other world, rushing through the story quests and suddenly I lose the original set of quests I had been doing.

I decided on this one to stop at the Story Quest to build a barracks to be safe, and I’d rather use the space for more production until I’m ready to move on.

kctanzen

Being relatively new to the game and never really having found an extensive and clearly set of 'rules' -- how exactly is declining a repeatable quest to line up with actions I intend to take considered an exploit?

For instance ... I play Elven and have enough steel shops to get the 4000 steel needed for that one every time I do a 3 hour production cycle. In addition, I have 10 workshops, most them in a small footprint, for spacing issues. If I set those to all advanced tools (also a 3 hour timer), now every 3 hours I can check back, get my 4000 steel .. collect reward .. cycle through to collect 200k gold and make 2 advanced tools (I have enough residences and coin buildings to generally do this one 2 times) and then finish up with the make 6 advanced tools.

I review trades to see if there are enough scrolls or elixir available to push those over 4k also -- those shops I haven't enough room or build them up big enough to get 4k in one swoop yet. If the trader has available, I take one of those quests.

Then .. unless I am upgrading residences, factories, or workshops, i choose the 8 bread quest and do that a couple times before setting up for the next 3 hour cycle.

Skipping quests I either a) cannot do (tech locked or population requirements) b) cost prohibitive (fight and win x number of encounters) or c) related to b, in that completing a province can be costly in terms of resources and time, so I only take that when actually ready to finish them off.

Collecting relics quest is stupidly easy to do early on in tournaments, by the way. == I like that one immensely!

DeletedUser13341

Being relatively new to the game and never really having found an extensive and clearly set of 'rules' -- how exactly is declining a repeatable quest to line up with actions I intend to take considered an exploit?

For instance ... I play Elven and have enough steel shops to get the 4000 steel needed for that one every time I do a 3 hour production cycle. In addition, I have 10 workshops, most them in a small footprint, for spacing issues. If I set those to all advanced tools (also a 3 hour timer), now every 3 hours I can check back, get my 4000 steel .. collect reward .. cycle through to collect 200k gold and make 2 advanced tools (I have enough residences and coin buildings to generally do this one 2 times) and then finish up with the make 6 advanced tools.

I review trades to see if there are enough scrolls or elixir available to push those over 4k also -- those shops I haven't enough room or build them up big enough to get 4k in one swoop yet. If the trader has available, I take one of those quests.

Then .. unless I am upgrading residences, factories, or workshops, i choose the 8 bread quest and do that a couple times before setting up for the next 3 hour cycle.

Skipping quests I either a) cannot do (tech locked or population requirements) b) cost prohibitive (fight and win x number of encounters) or c) related to b, in that completing a province can be costly in terms of resources and time, so I only take that when actually ready to finish them off.

Collecting relics quest is stupidly easy to do early on in tournaments, by the way. == I like that one immensely!

I was a little confused by this as well. I play FoE as well and they have similar quest systems with recurring quests showing up after all available side quests have been completed or aborted. It’s common knowledge that players use those to gain some rewards while doing typical daily routines.

I consider it more of a strategy than an exploit. Hell Inno even made it even more so because of a Great Building (called Wonders here) that increases quest rewards given by a percent that increases with each level.

hvariidh gwendrot

@Mykan is there a print out somewhere for the current tech tree for humans ? I need to compare between humans and elves and don't want to make a human city on another world that wont be worked to get it (I will if needed) edit = ok I made a human city on winyandor .. if you'd like to compare a tech tree human vs elf ask away :cool:

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@Mykan is there a print out somewhere for the current tech tree for humans ? I need to compare between humans and elves and don't want to make a human city on another world that wont be worked to get it (I will if needed)

I am not aware of a source for this. I am sure someone has one, one person was recording techs and costs by chapter but I don't recall who was doing that.