• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Need answers

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
They've all been very hard pretty much the whole time I've played. Thats why I just gave up on fighting and went all in on the negotiations. So far I'm making great progress. New question, is there a limit to how many marble, steel and planks manufacturers I can make?
No limits beyond your population and culture ... you need enough of both. But remember, you should be making only one type of those ... not all three. Whatever your boost is, just make a bunch of that and trade for the rest.

When I was new, I added 15 planks factories (planks is my boost). Then I would just sell 100 wood and ask for 95 marble or steel. I always got trades very quickly since they were three star trades, and I never ran out of anything. That strategy will give you a heck of a lot more marble and steel than trying to build those factories would. And besides, building your nonboosts is a drain. You could be building more boosts with the population and culture spent on those non-boosted low value factories.

Do that with whatever boost you have, and you'll grow quickly.

Darielle

I went ahead and deleted my other ones and I'm now trying to trade steel for marble and nobody wants steel it seems. I did 1200 steel for 1000 marble. If I try to search for people demanding steel there is only one person and it's 12m steel for 9m yikes. Is steel just not very sought after? How long does a trade normally take? I was hoping for a quick wam bam but it's been 6 hours now and still a no go
December, don't worry; any three star trades will be taken. You did the right thing in deleting the nonboosted factories. If you are in a bad neighborhood with not enough good neighbors, then it's critical to be in the right fellowship ... one that needs your boosts.

I suggest you look for a fellowship that is low in steel. Your trades would be taken in minutes then. You can look for a good fellowship by checking through the fellowships in game. (Click on your score while you're in game, and then click the fellowship tab. You'll see a list of all the fellowships. Scroll through them. Make a list of all the fellowships that sound interesting and that ... very importantly ... have a mix of both large and small players. By large, I mean at least 200K minimum score.) Pick one that has enough players ... at least 15 but preferably 20 or more.

Once you have a list of five fellowships that you think you might like, go to elvenstats.com and add each fellowship name to the search box (make sure you are on the "fellowships" tab.) You may see that more than one fellowship has that name ... but only one may have it per world, so make sure you look on the correct world and server.

Once you get to that fellowship's elvenstats page, look to see if they need steel. If they have an abundance, then pass them up and search for the next fellowship. If they need steel, then check out the other stats. How many black triangles appear beside the players' names? A black triangle signals inactivity. You don't want a fellowship where a lot of players are inactive ... that won't help you get your trades completed. If they only have one or two triangles and are low in steel, then you may have found a winner.

You can also check to see how many tournament chests they average. The more the better. Make sure the archmage is not inactive (black triangle). Also, you may wish to scroll all the way down to the bottom to see if a lot of people have left lately. People leaving en masse is not a good sign.

If everything looks good, then once you are back in game, write a message to the archmage or mages and also apply to that fellowship. Writing a message is critical for a new player .... so many of them apply but aren't really active. If you write to them, you show that you are a cut above the rest and may prove to be an asset to the team.

Good luck.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I'm having trouble trading steel for marble. I tried 1200 steel for 1000 marble it's been about 6 hours and still a no go. When I search steel demands there's only one person demanding 12 mil steel for 9m marble. I cannot do that yet. Is steel a hard trade? How long does a trade normally take?
You are having a fellowship problem or a neighborhood problem. At your level it should not take long for a trade to get picked up( someone needs to log on and see it)... Go to the Seeking FS section of the forum and find a more active group.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I went ahead and deleted my other ones and I'm now trying to trade steel for marble and nobody wants steel it seems. I did 1200 steel for 1000 marble. If I try to search for people demanding steel there is only one person and it's 12m steel for 9m yikes. Is steel just not very sought after? How long does a trade normally take? I was hoping for a quick wam bam but it's been 6 hours now and still a no go
Hmm, that’s unfortunate. In most neighborhoods, there will be advanced players who check the trader every few hours to make sure smaller trades like that are getting picked up. If you’re in one of the unfortunate few places where that’s not the case, then everyone’s advice to find a good fellowship will be extra important. (The difference being that available trades are limited to a certain number of cities on the world map, based on proximity, so if you’re in a “bad neighbourhood” the trading pool might be very limited, while you can trade with fellowship members no matter where they are located on the map.) If you’re not ready to join a fellowship, you can consider checking your trader for the names of people who are offering very large 2- or 3-star trades and messaging one of them directly to ask if they would be willing to watch out for your trades. Most players who are farther along in the game have millions of those goods and are happy to help out a new player, they just don’t always immediately notice small trades buried under all the others. :)

Did it get picked up since you posted?
Yes I meant the city. I see your point and I'm saddened to have to delete all my hard work but if I can easily trade e.g. 100 steel for 100 marble I guess that would make a lot more sense. I hope the trades aren't hard or capped or something. I'm so afraid to do this but I'm gonna just commit and see. I appreciate your feedback.
I understand your trepidation! It feels more stressful to have to rely on other players rather than making everything you need yourself. The game is set up to require that as you progress, however, so making the switch early will be less stressful in the long run. You made a good step (even if it doesn’t feel that way at the moment)!

As far as the space around your city goes, you sadly won’t be able to unlock anything like half of it if you stay where you are in the tech tree. The number of provinces needed to unlock each expansion increases as you complete more of them, and you’ll hit the infamous Orc Wall (where you need orcs to negotiate, which can’t be produced or obtained in any way before chapter 8), long before you would have half the space opened.

You are on the right track with keeping some expansions back, though. It’s always a good idea to leave at least one or two expansions unplaced so that you can pull them out if you suddenly need more room, like when you unlock a new type of manufactory. One of the biggest challenges in this game is space-management because it will feel like you never have enough of it, so learning to limit your buildings and make your space as efficient as possible rather than relying on always being able to have more room will help you move through with fewer snags (unless you just want to build a city for aesthetics and never mind anything else, which some people happily do :) ).

hvariidh gwendrot

i saw posting with, rings from city info, not sure if "orc lock" should be/has been/ will be mentioned?, it was finish ring 10 on your map all good, anything 11 and beyond is +orcs to negotiate, (most will know that so just saying) not 100% sure if it is the same post update, anyone?

Darielle

@December Frost
I checked my trader on Sinya which I think is the world you’re in, but unfortunately you aren’t in my trading area. Sorry.
I checked both my IDs on Sinya and you aren't in my trading area, unfortunately. If I were you, I would visit the actual cities of anyone who gifts me. If they are very large cities (larger the better), then as long as you are trading in increments of 100 or 500, just drop them a note and ask if they might take your trades. Their boosts won't matter ... those amounts can easily be absorbed by any large player. Tell them you're new and haven't had luck with the trader. I'll bet if you sent a polite message to five people who gift you, at least one or two (or maybe all of them) would start to help you on a regular basis.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Yes I meant the city. I see your point and I'm saddened to have to delete all my hard work but if I can easily trade e.g. 100 steel for 100 marble I guess that would make a lot more sense. I hope the trades aren't hard or capped or something. I'm so afraid to do this but I'm gonna just commit and see. I appreciate your feedback.
Also, there are many fellowships and different kinds of them out there...a good fellowship with active members your trades will get taken quicker. :)

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
By the way, I saw you mentioned your province have been red for a while now.... if you ever want to fix that it is never too late to change anything with your city. It happened to me too when I started playing. But some people told me some suggestions and it helped fix it in time and now today all of mine are green.

Hmm, that’s unfortunate. In most neighborhoods, there will be advanced players who check the trader every few hours to make sure smaller trades like that are getting picked up. If you’re in one of the unfortunate few places where that’s not the case, then everyone’s advice to find a good fellowship will be extra important. (The difference being that available trades are limited to a certain number of cities on the world map, based on proximity, so if you’re in a “bad neighbourhood” the trading pool might be very limited, while you can trade with fellowship members no matter where they are located on the map.) If you’re not ready to join a fellowship, you can consider checking your trader for the names of people who are offering very large 2- or 3-star trades and messaging one of them directly to ask if they would be willing to watch out for your trades. Most players who are farther along in the game have millions of those goods and are happy to help out a new player, they just don’t always immediately notice small trades buried under all the others. :)

I understand your trepidation! It feels more stressful to have to rely on other players rather than making everything you need yourself. The game is set up to require that as you progress, however, so making the switch early will be less stressful in the long run. You made a good step (even if it doesn’t feel that way at the moment)!

As far as the space around your city goes, you sadly won’t be able to unlock anything like half of it if you stay where you are in the tech tree. The number of provinces needed to unlock each expansion increases as you complete more of them, and you’ll hit the infamous Orc Wall (where you need orcs to negotiate, which can’t be produced or obtained in any way before chapter 8), long before you would have half the space opened.

You are on the right track with keeping some expansions back, though. It’s always a good idea to leave at least one or two expansions unplaced so that you can pull them out if you suddenly need more room, like when you unlock a new type of manufactory. One of the biggest challenges in this game is space-management because it will feel like you never have enough of it, so learning to limit your buildings and make your space as efficient as possible rather than relying on always being able to have more room will help you move through with fewer snags (unless you just want to build a city for aesthetics and never mind anything else, which some people happily do :) ).

Yes my trades go quickly during daylight hours I just had to be patient. Good to know about the Orc Wall I guess I'll just keep pushing until I hit that. Rn I'm in a pickle where I don't want to sell items I've paid for I rushed into decorations because I was so excited to find a game similar to castleville that closed down years ago. I wish I would have known this game was around sooner. I have 8 big fountains in my way for production but at least they look pretty and give culture so rn I'm just getting as much steel as possible, trading and expanding as far as possible. I'll end up deleting them anyway I just want to enjoy them for now. I did find a FS too they seem friendly. Thank you for the tips I really appreciate it

Darielle

Yes my trades go quickly during daylight hours I just had to be patient. Good to know about the Orc Wall I guess I'll just keep pushing until I hit that. Rn I'm in a pickle where I don't want to sell items I've paid for I rushed into decorations because I was so excited to find a game similar to castleville that closed down years ago. I wish I would have known this game was around sooner. I have 8 big fountains in my way for production but at least they look pretty and give culture so rn I'm just getting as much steel as possible, trading and expanding as far as possible. I'll end up deleting them anyway I just want to enjoy them for now. I did find a FS too they seem friendly. Thank you for the tips I really appreciate it
I was crazy about Castleville, so I can sympathize. I had decorations when I started out on Elvenar that I just loved, and some of them I still miss because I eventually had to sell them. They didn't have teleports back then. But now you can get teleports from the spire instead of selling them. You can take those out and redecorate your city once you have room again. Best of luck to you.

I was crazy about Castleville, so I can sympathize. I had decorations when I started out on Elvenar that I just loved, and some of them I still miss because I eventually had to sell them. They didn't have teleports back then. But now you can get teleports from the spire instead of selling them. You can take those out and redecorate your city once you have room again. Best of luck to you.

Spire here I come! ‍♂️

My reply was supposed to have a superhero emoji but it turned into a boy sign lol

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Yes my trades go quickly during daylight hours I just had to be patient. …. I did find a FS too they seem friendly.
All great news! Sounds like you’re well on your way. :D
Thank you for the tips I really appreciate it
You’re welcome, I’m glad it was helpful! There’s so much to explore, and collect, and learn in this game; as you progress, you’ll start to get a feel for which parts of the game are your favorite and begin developing your own unique playstyle. Then you’ll probably need to start seeking out more specialized advice for your particular goals. However, there are some of these basic things at the beginning that usually help set every player up well regardless of their eventual goals.

My reply was supposed to have a superhero emoji but it turned into a boy sign lol
Lol!

Hello I'm new to the game (6 days) I've unlocked about 1/4 of the map so far by negotiating with planks, marble and steel (3 premium expansions too). And as I keep going I'm wondering.. if I never make a chards,silk and scrolls manufacturer can I keep on negotiating with just the marble, planks and steel? I've already went into scrolls and silk provinces and I'm still only negotiating with planks, steel and marble so I'm really hoping I can just keep going until it's all open. I'm assuming no because it's too good to be true but I can't find the answer anywhere so please if you know I'd appreciate feedback
I'm glad I posted this everyone has helped me soo much! But the answer to this question is no. At ring 5 the negotiations will start asking for crystals, silk and scrolls wether you've unlocked them or not. Thankfully I can obtain these easily now with trades!