• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

NEED MORE ORCS!

Rocce Sqirl

ORCS! Seems everything I need to do requires Orcs now. Need Orcs to upgrade workshops. Need Orcs to make beer. Need Orcs to make two of the troops in Training Grounds. Need Orcs to upgrade all my troops buildings. Need Orcs to negotiate encounters. Sometimes just to convince a ghost in the Spire! And it takes half a day just to make some! Arggghhhh!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a spell to boost the number of Orcs made in the Armory like there are to make coins and tools? I've been burning time boosts but that's not a sustainable strategy.

Besides 4 armories I had one other building that makes orcs. I went through 16 pages of Summonings and 20 pages of culture buildings and found one building -- ONE -- that made Orcs ... a whole 790/day. (560 will make beer in 3 hours.)

I can trade for goods. I can use instants to get coins, portal profits, tools and time boosts. I have spells to boost coin and tools production. I have 43 buildings making Mana and 14 making Seeds with more available. But NONE of that to enhance Orcs.

If Inno makes us use Orcs as currency like coin, tools, goods, mana and seeds, then let us acquire them like coin, tools, goods, mana or seeds. Or give us a spell that enhances the Armories.

Raccon

I like your suggestion about orc boosting spells for armories, but to solve your current orc problem now, let me ask you a question, do you do events? Events are the best source of orc buildings. The latest is The temple of the sun and the moon from the very recent event. Echos of the forgotten evolving building from recent past event also is a good orc building as well as orc/culture buildings that came with it's related event plus more orc/culture from the hallowin event a few months before that! However, If you don't do events you can always craft orc nests in the MA.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Chapter 16 is the pits as far as orc needs go. During that chapter, I had 15 orc nests out. I always buy up orc nests, festival merchants, etc, etc, and then just hold them in inventory until needed. Try to get every orc nest you can find. Good luck.

Rocce Sqirl

I like your suggestion about orc boosting spells for armories, but to solve your current orc problem now, let me ask you a question, do you do events? Events are the best source of orc buildings. The latest is The temple of the sun and the moon from the very recent event. Echos of the forgotten evolving building from recent past event also is a good orc building as well as orc/culture buildings that came with it's related event plus more orc/culture from the hallowin event a few months before that! However, If you don't do events you can always craft orc nests in the MA.
I do do events. And the Temple of Sun and Moon is that "one building" I found. It'd be nice if Orc Nests (or any Orc-producing buildings) was in the culture buildings. I'll watch for them in the MA. And Darielle is telling me it's only going to get worse! I'm in Ch. 16 now. :D Thanks, both of you.

Raccon

If you do events then check the building tab of your spells, search for;
Orc ship, The scare carriage and The mausoleum wedding which are from past events of late 2021- early 2022.
And according to https://idavis-elvenar.com/events.html the up coming Autumn Zodiac event suppose to offer the Succulant crabs orc/culture building so far.

bkbajb

ORCS! Seems everything I need to do requires Orcs now. Need Orcs to upgrade workshops. Need Orcs to make beer. Need Orcs to make two of the troops in Training Grounds. Need Orcs to upgrade all my troops buildings. Need Orcs to negotiate encounters. Sometimes just to convince a ghost in the Spire! And it takes half a day just to make some! Arggghhhh!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a spell to boost the number of Orcs made in the Armory like there are to make coins and tools? I've been burning time boosts but that's not a sustainable strategy.

Besides 4 armories I had one other building that makes orcs. I went through 16 pages of Summonings and 20 pages of culture buildings and found one building -- ONE -- that made Orcs ... a whole 790/day. (560 will make beer in 3 hours.)

I can trade for goods. I can use instants to get coins, portal profits, tools and time boosts. I have spells to boost coin and tools production. I have 43 buildings making Mana and 14 making Seeds with more available. But NONE of that to enhance Orcs.

If Inno makes us use Orcs as currency like coin, tools, goods, mana and seeds, then let us acquire them like coin, tools, goods, mana or seeds. Or give us a spell that enhances the Armories.

Those of us in higher chapters have been there. Every chapter has it's challenges. I adapt make any changes that I need and move on. If Inno made it easy then where is the challenge. Build more armories. Sure it is not fun but unlike what you are going to run into with the different decays of goods, seeds, mana Orcs is an easy chapter compared to what you will be coming across. Good luck

Kadhrin

give us a spell that enhances the Armories.
This seems like a fairly straightforward addition.
Maybe have an ancient wonder that boosts the enhancement spell. (Maybe retire Enar's Embassy and swap in Gorek's Gymkata? [Not sure what the mechanics would be, but definitely get rid of any tie-in to scouting.])

As far as ork buildings go, I do like the Solar Training Ground from the recent event.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This seems like a fairly straightforward addition.
Maybe have an ancient wonder that boosts the enhancement spell. (Maybe retire Enar's Embassy and swap in Gorek's Gymkata? [Not sure what the mechanics would be, but definitely get rid of any tie-in to scouting.])

There already is and they are called Time Boosters, since productions in the armories can be sped up just like any other factory productions.

And they are not going to swap out one Wonder for another or change abilities. For example, the new chapter 20 Wonder that will reduce scouting time is a prime example of that. People want shorter scout times, then just get to the end of chapter 20, is what Inno says.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
A time booster is not an enchantment, i.e. something created on the first page of the Magic Academy, which is how I was interpreting the original request.

There is no room on the enchantment-making tab of the MA, so if people want something that boosts orc production in all the buildings that already make them, maybe the next Phoenix will have a feeding effect that does that, if people push it at Inno hard enough. Inno may just say "build more armories if you want more orcs" and ignore it, but no harm in trying.

Zoof

Damn. I cannot see the difference between the orc and orc warrior icons on my screen.
I wanted to disagree. I really did.

1661872289631.png

but hot damn that's really close to looking like each other. You'd need a magnifying glass to tell that they've got a different haircut. And that the orc warrior is a tuskless freak who can't possibly be a real orc because no orc would go around without BIG TEEF. But that's a detail only orcs and zoofs would notice :p

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The normal orcs are a bit brighter green than the orc warriors. I think the shade of green is more obvious when looking at them on the world map in the catering requirements, than in other places in the game.

As for orcs in general, the upcoming Autumn event will have a new building called Succulent Crabs, which is a very good orc producer. It is almost as good as an orc nest of the same chapter, plus it gives population and culture, instead of just culture. One warning about it, though, is that it does not give orcs unless it is at least chapter 9, instead of chapter 8, like other orc-producing buildings, so it won't be much use if you are not chapter 9 or higher.