• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Need to whinge

AussieChick

I am so tired of getting artifacts at the top of the spire.
I do all the quests to the best of my ability and usually have the evolving building to a level 8 or 9 before the fellowship adventure.
WE do the full FA and get more artifacts and complete the evolving building up to a 10.
Why should we try so hard to get the FA done when the prize is given away freely a short while later in the Spire?
Got 3 May tree artifacts in the spire this week that has made a total of 6 THAT I DONT NEED!
It has made the FA prize worthless.
There, that's my whinge ..........

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I know some love the artifacts and hate the portal profits. Some love the portal profits and hate the Dwarven Armorers because they are caterers. The only prize everyone really agrees on is diamonds.

If you think of artifacts as spell frags, maybe they'll be less annoying. I'm always running out of sfs and the artifacts give a large amount, larger than disenchanting most buildings. So there's that, at least.

AussieChick

I know some love the artifacts and hate the portal profits. Some love the portal profits and hate the Dwarven Armorers because they are caterers. The only prize everyone really agrees on is diamonds.

If you think of artifacts as spell frags, maybe they'll be less annoying. I'm always running out of sfs and the artifacts give a large amount, larger than disenchanting most buildings. So there's that, at least.
Yes but sadly, I get Artifacts from the top boss at the top of the spire. They say only a 10% chance and yet I get them every time. Unless the 10% chance is something I actually could use, then I don't. These are usually the prizes that DON"T give me Fragments. The booby prize at the top used to be Portal Profits and now they added another one, Useless Artifacts, LOL

Tehya1

Getting artifacts is okay with me. As Darielle said, they can be disenchanted, and for those of us who are new, they are a chance to get and evolve an older building. I also like the idea of getting sorceries. I would rather get an armory since I fight, or a magic bldg, and certainly diamonds, but the artifacts aren't completely useless. What bugs me is getting all the way to the top and getting yet another set of timers. lol

The Unbeliever

I am so tired of getting artifacts at the top of the spire.
I do all the quests to the best of my ability and usually have the evolving building to a level 8 or 9 before the fellowship adventure.
WE do the full FA and get more artifacts and complete the evolving building up to a 10.
Why should we try so hard to get the FA done when the prize is given away freely a short while later in the Spire?
Got 3 May tree artifacts in the spire this week that has made a total of 6 THAT I DONT NEED!
It has made the FA prize worthless.
There, that's my whinge ..........
If the Winter event is the beginning of a new grand prize roll out, then future events are almost certain to replace the 2nd Lv1 evo building, with a selection kit that will offer the choice of the new building, OR, 2-3 previous year's choices!
(ie: the 15th grand prize in the current event is now a 'Tome of Winter Spirit', which is a selection kit that can give 1x Lv1 Boblin's Express OR 1x Winter Owl from last year's event OR 1x Gingerbread House from the 2019 Winter event.)

It still won't use up ALL of those near pointless extra artifacts, but it can become extremely handy if the trend continues, and going forwards, those Tomes can offer up things like a 2nd Brown/Polar Bear, Witch Hut, etc...

If you're in a Fellowship that gets the Gold spire trophy each week, you can probably earn enough free dias ever year to choose a couple of events to buy extra currency to ensure you hit those new selection kits in the Grand Prize cycle. :)