• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Negative Population after upgrading

DeletedUser4804

The past couple of days I have been upgrading all of my existing residences and work shops trying to make my city more efficient. In the process I have sold a couple of factories but have not done much to eat up population. When I logged in yesterday I noticed that my population was showing -12 when I have been doing all of my upgrades to keep my population up and to improve my goods output. Can someone check my game? I believe this is a bug due to everything I have been doing the past few days was to increase my population for upgrades and I have not sold off any houses. I should have a decent amount of available population but it is showing negative.

DeletedUser61

You didn't indicate exactly where you are, but the population changes are indicated in-game when you upgrade, and data is also available at https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Residence#Residence_Elves.

While it's generally the case that an ungraded building will be larger, and will generate/require more of everything, that's NOT always the case.
  • The footprint size can get smaller, and the numbers are generally related to the footprint size
  • The incremental steps can go either direction if the developers are chasing a broader balancing issue
If it's not just a matter of things adding up differently than you expected that they would, then you may be looking at a bug in which case you'd need to right click and submit a support ticket so that the Game Moderators can look at your specific issue.

DeletedUser4804

Thank you Katwijk. Why I suspected a bug was the fact that the game wont let you upgrade if the population is not available. When it happened, I was nearly 20 population in the hole. When my residence upgrade was complete is when I noticed the -12. I was not sure if some of the game parameters had changed with the upgrade or a glitch. I will review it further and will report the 'bug' as you stated if needed.

FYI, I am in the beginnings of III, Ascending Magic, at the current time. Still a noob and learning.

DeletedUser4671

This issue will be fixed with update 1.18

Please watch for population increases on building upgrades other than residences. When you start an upgrade on a non-residence your population immediately jumps up instead of going down. When you see it, start a production in a workshop to get the population to reflect to it's accurate totals.

The reason why you have had a significant population decrease is because you have been using population you thought you had for upgrades, but you never had that much population. Now the game has updated the totals to display accurately.