• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Negative Population

DeletedUser6967

I just collected my supplies. When I tried to collect more, it wouldn't let me so I refreshed by screen. When it came back up, I had -400+ population. I refreshed then it went down to -283 population. I thought if I would refresh again it would eventually go back to 178 population. I've refreshed and logged off and now it is stuck on -283 pop. and I have changed anything in my city. I was adding more buildings so I can create another gem building today. Please fix!

DeletedUser5176

I just logged in for the first time today and noticed that my population, which was positive 900+, is now -1,218. Which means somehow, overnight, without deleting anything and only building Ancient Grounds, which actually doesn't affect population either positively or negatively.

I'm about topped out in frustration over this kind of stuff. These days, there's always something... mistakes by programmers that screw us up, weird glitches, almost nothing done when reporting issues even with screen shots. I almost feel like I need to actively screenshot to document my city before logging off so I have a record of what I had before the "glitches" from updates. Too frustrating! Please get your stuff together INNO or don't push out updates that aren't ready; especially when there's an active event.

WolfSinger

If you have the Golden Abyss - it is possible that after the update this morning you now have negative population. The rebalancing on the GA changed it from a flat amount to a percentage of your working population. If you were relying on the GA to boost your population and have a smaller city with a low working pop it may very well have created a serious drop in your population - same for any of the AWs that provide population.

This is something that has seriously affected a number of lower level cities and was reported extensively on the beta forum, but appears to be the way the AWs are now supposed to work.

ekarat

As far as I can tell, I lost *all* population that my Golden Abyss was giving me. It was giving me 400 population. Now, I have -228 population, when I had around +200 population before. It's very plausible that I had +172 population and lost 400.

The annoying thing is that my GA is telling me that it is giving me 516 population, so it should have been an increase.

So, I think it's not just the GA giving less population.

DeletedUser4345

It says I'm -253. So because they do some kind of "balance" thingie I'm now frozen in moving forward until I can make 253+ population?? Ya, game killer!! Oh, and exactly WHO relies on a building for population??!! I don't go to bed at night as say "oh thank gawd I have the GA for my population!!" No! I put the GA in there because I was at that point of the game, not because I wanted to RELY on it! Sorry... but your answer was a little finger pointy back at those of us just playing the game.

ekarat

Wait. Refreshing it worked! I now have +288 population.

Please reload. It was a bug, and they fixed it.

ekarat

Wait. Refreshing it worked! I now have +288 population.

Please reload. It was a bug, and they fixed it.

Doing the math, I gained 518 population on reload, which is exactly the new number the GA is giving me.

So, I do believe the bug is that the GA gives 0 population (despite what it says) until you reload.

DeletedUser2963

Disconnecting wonder from the road and reconnecting them also work to fix this.

DeletedUser4303

Have reloaded game several times, signed in and out. move Aw and nothing is working to fix my negative Population.

DeletedUser4778

Go to Move mode, pick up the Abyss, and put it back. Worked for me and another fellow. If it doesn't work the first try, pick it up and wait 10 seconds before putting it back.

DeletedUser4522

Are you KIDDING me?? Now they've STOLEN population from us, too???

edeba

Moving it to get more population will only work if you are in the range where it is supposed to give your more population. Lower level players with small population are definitely hurt by this upgrade. Someone calculated you needed 8800 population to maintain population with the changes. The GA is killer good for those with high population. They ignored the idea of making it a flat amount plus the percentage so this slaughter the beginning players wouldn't happen... I wouldn't delete it if you've invested kp into it.

StarLoad

You can see more of the discussion here and see how happy the players are with the AW improvements including the improvement to the Golden Abyss.

And Yes at Level 1 the rate is .0225 x your working population, therefor to get 200 pop you need 200/.0225=8889 in working pop to get back to even.

1500 working pop gives you 34 pop rather than 200

DeletedUser2146

Maybe upgrading flash and trying different browsers would correct some of your issues. I had some problems with population, culture and buildings missing in the Inventory before and flash plus different browsers seemed to fix it.

DeletedUser4778

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it probably won't fix the issue depending on the chapter you're in, more specifically, the amount of working population you have. They should really fix its starting bonus so that it's good for players of ALL levels.

DeletedUser6892

I need population and this was going to be my first AW. Now it says will only give me 153 population, which is much lower than before update (I don't remember number, sorry, I am now in level 4 research if that helps). Should I still consider building this now or wait until I am at a higher level w/higher population? Many good comments; I understand the various feelings regarding the change. Hoping recommendations from those who know can help us lower level gamers. I really love this game and won't let this upset me but it might've cause me issues if I built it last week! Can't afford to lose population, can barely keep up w/upgrading residences. I am here to learn more and would appreciate any help or comments. I hope I am doing this right, I haven't use forum much except for reading.
Thanks in advance for anything you can help me with!

Kellven

Very upset that I'm apparently not an "advanced" enough player to reap the benefits of this "upgrade."

I now have a negative 593 population (after reloading, was -1200) and am not going to bother trying to calculate how/why this occurred or how to fix it. I tried moving GA, didn't work... I missed that message that informed us lower level players that our population was about to take a huge hit. Thanks for the heads up o_O