• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

neighbor I can NOT help

DeletedUser915

I have a "neighbor" that I can NOT help. When I go to his spot and click on the "help" hands nothing happens, except the "hands" light go out (as if I helped) but nothing else. I have been visiting for a while with the same result every time. This is the ONLY neighbor that I can not help. I have seen some work being done so he is active.
Anyone have any ideas as to why?

DeletedUser486

It probably means that your neighbor queued an upgrade and hasn't logged back in. The upgrade completion only registers upon logging in. Give it some time.

DeletedUser61

When you visit somebody else's city you're sort of looking at a snapshot, not the real deal.

The underlying concept is that only the owner can change the status of the buildings in a city,
other than polishing the Main Hall, the Builder, and the Cultural Buildings.

DeletedUser915

I have seen changes to that neighbors game start and be finished but STILL not able to help.

DeletedUser61

• If they still have unmotivated Builders, you should have a floater
  • If they have Cultural Buildings that have not been polished within the past 8 hours, you should have a floater.
  • Unless their Main Hall is actually in the process of being upgraded, you should ALWAYS be able to polish their main hall.
If you're getting a different behavior, and it's reproducible, post it as a bug report and the developers will chase down the problem. I'd suppose that some sort of limitation may have crept in, like not being able to polish a main hall that's maxed out, but that's not the intention as I understand it.

DeletedUser915

• If they still have unmotivated Builders, you should have a floater
  • If they have Cultural Buildings that have not been polished within the past 8 hours, you should have a floater.
  • Unless their Main Hall is actually in the process of being upgraded, you should ALWAYS be able to polish their main hall.
If you're getting a different behavior, and it's reproducible, post it as a bug report and the developers will chase down the problem. I'd suppose that some sort of limitation may have crept in, like not being able to polish a main hall that's maxed out, but that's not the intention as I understand it.
That was what I thought too. I have seen their main hall get larger, (didn't think they would let me help there) when that building was finish I saw they were enlarging houses. still not able to help. Guess this is a strange bug... This is the ONLY neighbor I have had this problem with. I'm starting to wonder if he is on some kind of game "punishment".

DeletedUser61

Motivating Houses, Workshops, and Decorations is an FoE thing.

In Elvenar we can only polish the Builder, the Cultural Buildings (not the decorations), and the Main Hall.

DeletedUser723

New problem along the same line.
A neighbour's main hall has disappeared in the last 24 hours!

upload_2015-9-4_22-14-42.png

Never mind. It arrived a few minutes later after I visited other neighbours.

DeletedUser486

New problem along the same line.
A neighbour's main hall has disappeared in the last 24 hours!

View attachment 191

Never mind. It arrived a few minutes later after I visited other neighbours.

You might find those types of visual bugs to be resolved with a refresh and a cache & cookies clear. Always important to check if any of those fix your problem first, along with Hawardware Acceleration.

DeletedUser1104

different problem. I have neighbors than never change. been months with at least two members still upgrading their main hall

DeletedUser61

Main Halls can be buffed any number of time UNLESS they are being upgraded, and the owner has not logged in, which completes the construction.

If a city has reached tier three and/or the owner has purchased diamonds, then the city will stay in place indefinitely. Most abandoned cities will be vacated shortly after they have been inactive for 30 days.

Replacing inactive neighbors isn't a magic bullet, of course, because only about 15% of first time visitors return to play a second day, and only half of them are still playing a month later. That's the nature of FreeToPlay Browser game. HOWEVER, after a few cycles where you DO gain 15% each time, you'll have a healthy neighborhood.

Joining an active fellowship will provide you with access to 20+ active players. Your neighbors are just gravy.