• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighbor Removal

• Thread starter DeletedUser2396
  • Start date

Do you feel something should be done about the inactive players in game?

• Total voters

DeletedUser2396

Now in my neighbors that i have discovered (60). Two of them have been removed from the map and now the space is empty no relics in them nor a player - (I asked about this and was told that the players had not logged into game for over 30 days and were removed) - Today i log on an see the 2nd player that i had just discovered a few days ago is no longer there just empty space now - That player i could get coins from there is a Player just below that one on bottom right outer side that i discovered that i have never gotten anything from as the MainHall never finishes Updating and that person doesn't play at all - so i guess what i am saying is out of the (60) discovered players (2) have been removed from map - nothing is put in to replace them so it is dead space on your map and mine also out of the (60) so far i have only seen and had interaction contact with (2) players who at least play more that a few days each week and make trades - then there are (2) more players discovered that i notice make some trades but never visit my city - so i have like (54) discovered players who don't play the game - never update their cities (no growth) and more than likely haven't logged on game in over 30 days as well - is this about average for most players map of discovered cities - it is a problem that needs to be addressed i like the game but i also like having neighbors that are at least active a few times in a month (4) out of (60) is that normal?

DeletedUser2736

I have 1 player out of 30 that actually playing the game. So it is about par for the course.

The players who have been removed due to inactivity will possibly be replaced with a new player in time, so that should be a bonus if a replacement player sticks around.

I also recently checked in on my beta account that I quit playing a while ago, as I wanted to message one former fellowship member who is not playing here on the US worlds. It looks like they are currently testing a change that allows you to 'visit' the empty city spots that have been explored every 24 hours and collect coins. So hopefully this will come to the live worlds soon, so at least you can get something for the explored city locations that are unoccupied. Still doesn't help with trading or tournaments, but it is better than nothing.

Deleted User - 107391

is that normal?

In a word, yes.

Most people who start this game don't stay. On top of that, many new players end up with more than one city by stumbling into different worlds. Then they abandon all but one, since there is no way to remove the city yourself. So Inno (eventually) removes them.

You're lucky. When I was at that point, Inno was removing huge swathes at a time. After they went through, I had only 6 cities left on my map!

Since an abandoned city is better (at the moment) than no city, there was a real outcry over that. But active new players can't be moved in without removal of inactive ones. So Inno now does the removal at a slower pace, a few at a time from any one location.

I now have more than 10 *active* players on my map, 5 of which regularly return NH. That's actually more than I need. I didn't count the inactive cities I could do, since I seldom need the coin enough to bother.

DeletedUser61

So Inno now does the removal at a slower pace, a few at a time from any one location.
The vacate algorithm hasn't changed, actually, but every 60 days you've been getting a few more long-term neighbors, so after several cycles the "date of last activity" removals no longer wipe out 85% of the sectors in a small area.

DeletedUser1611

I have cleared 141 provinces, I have 1 neighbor who is in my fellowship, 3 neighbors that are returning visits, and 3 who are active but not returning visits anymore. 7/141 is pretty bad. They should have a reconfiguration day, everyone inactive is deleted and the map is reset. Yeah we might not be near the neighbors we now have gotten use to working with, but that allows for us to have an opportunity to have people who are active and making trades. Just an idea.

DeletedUser115

Hi guys -

For any of you that have submitted tickets and talked with me, our development team is aware that our active players are losing out on the profit that they gain from having active neighbors.

Our Beta server is currently in the process of testing a new feature:
  • Empty spots on the world map will now be filled with Gold Mines to give players in sparsely populated areas a chance to get more Coins per day as well - the Gold Mines grant less coins per spot on the World Map, but are also faster to collect, because you don't have to visit a city to get the Coins
While we are hoping that everything goes as planned, the feature is currently undergoing bug testing before it gets released onto the live servers. As soon as we have a release date, we will of course let you all know. :)

We appreciate your continued patience.

DeletedUser627

Thanks for giving us the update, Aiden.

But when we think about the Gold Mines, they're not as considerate as you are. It's like a family where all the kids have a chance to earn a dollar. One kid loses his chance - poof! his parents make a planning mistake and its gone. His brother still keeps his chance to earn a dollar. Then the parents "make it up" by giving the poor kid a chance to earn a quarter, but for less work. And they expect him to be appreciative and happy about having to do less work. They don't apologise nor explain - just announce "hey, look what nice thing we're doing for you!"

Did they do a nice thing for him? No. They didn't take responsibility for their error. They didn't rectify the situation. They weren't equitable: they allow one child more opportunity than another.

I realize that it's just one small instance. I do keep looking for even a small instance where Inno makes a clear gesture of generosity or good intent to their players. Like one game I play, where every time there's even a tiny server glitch, diamonds are delivered to every player...

Deleted User - 107391

... Two of them have been removed from the map ... the MainHall never finishes Updating... (2) have been removed from map ... (54) discovered players who don't play ... more than likely haven't logged on game in over 30 days as well...
The vacate algorithm hasn't changed, actually, but every 60 days you've been getting a few more long-term neighbors, so after several cycles the "date of last activity" removals no longer wipe out 85% of the sectors in a small area.

But note, Katwijk, that he had only 2 inactive cities removed. I had 30, when I was at his size.

nightrider1

Hi guys -

For any of you that have submitted tickets and talked with me, our development team is aware that our active players are losing out on the profit that they gain from having active neighbors.

• Empty spots on the world map will now be filled with Gold Mines to give players in sparsely populated areas a chance to get more Coins per day as well - the Gold Mines grant less coins per spot on the World Map, but are also faster to collect, because you don't have to visit a city to get the Coins
While we are hoping that everything goes as planned, the feature is currently undergoing bug testing before it gets released onto the live servers. As soon as we have a release date, we will of course let you all know. :)

this does absolutely nothing to replace trading and promote interaction in the game .if you allowed cities to drop into vacated slots at random like a stack of cans as the inactive are remove it would solve the problem. work on both axis as if a rubber band squeezed every one toward the center

DeletedUser1053

the problem with people saying just move people closer, our boosts are based on the provinces around us. It may be possible to move some people, but it would definitely not work for all players. I agree there needs to be a fix, but I think it is more difficult than many are suggesting.

DeletedUser43

Perhaps they could readjust the goldmines to give players the full amount of coins they are missing before bringing that feature live?

Here is why I say that. It isn't their fault that they don't have neighbors so they shouldn't be penalized just cause it is easier to get coins. I am sure everyone missing neighbors would much rather have an active player nearby than an empty city. So, it would hardly be unfair to give those folks the full share of coins they are missing. They will never get supplies for helping those cities, nor will they ever be helped in the tournaments, nor will they ever get help from those goldmine cities. In short, they have enough of a handicap already, so a few less clicks to get the coins shouldn't cost them half their daily share.

DeletedUser1611

I'm mainly thinking about trades for those without active neighbors, before I joined a fellowship it was very hard to get the goods I needed. Maybe if these goldmines gave out goods also.

DeletedUser2736

I'll be thankful for the coins, but it does not really help with the underlying problem that those players in areas of the map that have less active neighbors are at a disadvantage as they miss out on visits to their city from those inactive neighbors and lack any trades being posted or accepted from those accounts as well.

Fellowships are the only real help in this game and are almost mandatory if you want to get visits to your town and see a decent amount of trades.

In my region, about 20% - 30% of the plots have never had a city as I'm one row of cities in from the edge of the map. They have not filled any additional rows in about three weeks as it looks like what new players are being added are being used to replace deleted accounts in the center of the map. This is a killer as I'm now exploring around my city knowing that several plots in each ring will not have a city anyway.

I'm thinking I may just need to try playing the other worlds and see if I can get dropped in a more central location. ( Moved from E to K world and landed in the middle, so I guess that is my solution to the E world neighbor issue ).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think a huge part of the inactive player issue is the cost. Only way to progress seems to be with diamonds and there is no in game way that I, as a new player can see to earn them. So, the people lose interest very quickly. If there is a way to advance your city with out having to buy diamonds I would love to know, otherwise my spot will also become abandon.

DeletedUser61

If there is a way to advance your city with out having to buy diamonds
You can get all the way to the end of the Tech Tree without spending any Diamonds. There are a few attractive premium building, and several of the expansions are premium only, but for the most part Diamonds just ease you though the bottlenecks.

DeletedUser

You can get all the way to the end of the Tech Tree without spending any Diamonds. There are a few attractive premium building, and several of the expansions are premium only, but for the most part Diamonds just ease you though the bottlenecks.
Thanks, I was not understanding the procedure as it was asking for diamonds everytime.

DeletedUser2396

Thanks for comments - I am not sure in my case location that Gold Mines will help all that much as i do visit all those inactive cities everyday and make coin from them - what hurts the most is none of them come visit me - so i earn no Culture - Builders - MainHall Coin at all from my neighbors and the Fellowship that i am in - Good People for the most part those who play 20-25 - i think 7 play daily - 1 or 2 play once or twice a month then their are 15-16 who no longer play - so you see what i am getting at - Culture Buildings that don't get Culture - Builder doesn't get filled up - without Activity is hard to do anything in game - yes i suppose Fellowship should cull the inactives and seek active daily players - lol - i will try to figure out how to get that done - again Thanks for comments and thanks Aider with Team Elvenar

DeletedUser627

I think a huge part of the inactive player issue is the cost. Only way to progress seems to be with diamonds and there is no in game way that I, as a new player can see to earn them. So, the people lose interest very quickly. If there is a way to advance your city with out having to buy diamonds I would love to know, otherwise my spot will also become abandon.

Well, yes, it's possible to progress without diamonds...but it is very slow. Very.

2 Builders are a significant limitation. Spending a few $ here will have huge impact.

Land expansions become difficult to acquire without diamonds. It's not that one can't play without the expansions..it's just that it can become frustrating to see one's fellow players zipping past you in size and score and complexity. But buying a couple of the expansions won't make much of a difference - my opinion is either plan to jump in with $100 or so, or don't buy any at all.

Premium buildings are the lowest priority (unless it's a really pretty one you just have to have). Several notable players have made it into the top ranks without them. Spending diamonds to hurry things along is kind of like midnight ice cream: fun for the minute, but the next morning, it's "what was I thinking?" Every time I did it, I'd laugh at myself for being so susceptible. Yes, pay good money to hurry the game along so I can just resume waiting. Hilarious, really. For some players, though, they have limited time frame of accessibility, so I can see paying a bit here and there in order to make a deadline.

However, overall, my opinion is: if you're a person who has the patience to play a game for a few minutes here and there....you're probably a person who can play without spending any money and be happy. If patience isn't your strongest suit, do stop before you start! Because no matter how much you spend, Elvenar is a watching game more than it is a playing game.

DeletedUser43

Sarkikos, my city on Arendyll is an example of a city that has never spent any diamonds. You can do it. Personally, I think it is more challenging to play without diamonds. Everyone is different. :)

DeletedUser2447

Hi guys -

I saw this and I think its a brilliant idea, Inactive players are annoying but even more so when they have nothing clickable because they leave their main hall stuck in upgrade