• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighborhood Province chat box

Risen Malchiah

I would love the ability to chat with my active neighbors, but this might be difficult if each person's chat box is based on who you've discovered.

Say Player A discovered Player B, but Player B has also discovered Player C. So Player B can chat with both, but Player A and C won't see each other. It could make for some awkward conversations when the other half is missing. Multiply that by how many players who might be in the chat box and it could get annoying.

Another option would be a global chat box, which you could opt out of, but that might be too many players. The ideal solution would be a single chat box with channels you can join or leave at any time. Possible options could be "Fellowship," "Trade Partners," "Discovered," "Help/Advice" and various guest race channels. Each channel should also have it's own color font to distinguish between them.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Another option would be a global chat box, which you could opt out of, but that might be too many players. The ideal solution would be a single chat box with channels you can join or leave at any time. Possible options could be "Fellowship," "Trade Partners," "Discovered," "Help/Advice" and various guest race channels. Each channel should also have it's own color font to distinguish between them.
This. If games with a playerbase like WoW can have global chat, I doubt Elvenar has too many players to make it work.

Risen Malchiah

The WoW chat interface is precisely what I was thinking of. My friends and I often made custom channels just for us to chat and facilitate groups before we had our own ventrilo server.

DeletedUser9049

Global chat. There won't be an overload of players, trust me.