• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

neighborly help preferences

Deem

Everyone has their preference of what they would like help with first....

At this time I have my builders first, then culture, then main hall. A few weeks ago, culture first, builder, main hall last. These are always listed where our city name should be. I am not alone, most everyone in both my fellowships have their city name saying what they want done and in what order.

Maybe a pop-up when you click on the "helping hand" or an additional window under the city name, something of that nature that shows what that persons preferences are for help from the visitor. Obviously it must be something that can be changed as our preferences for help change.

This would allow people to use their "city name" window to be used as such. Instead of visiting B,C,MH, you can now visit Deemonation. And if you are visiting to help, you can click on that little hand and see I want my builders done first, then culture, then my main hall.

DeletedUser2191

I would be more keen on seeing a smaller secondary name plate under our city name. This would keep it permanently viewable while a player is scrolling through your city for a specific building. The pop up idea when hovering over the hands, not a bad idea, but only gives a temporarily viewable summary of preferred help. I will also agree with allowing the secondary name plate to be made editable as our preferences change.

DeletedUser3312

A lot of people don't look. Smiles. I have mine say "MAIN HALL - please"and my builder and culture get hit a lot. Smiles. It's all good though. It all helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3312

That is a good idea. And, I think new players would understand it.

Maz Mellor

I would be more keen on seeing a smaller secondary name plate under our city name. This would keep it permanently viewable while a player is scrolling through your city for a specific building. The pop up idea when hovering over the hands, not a bad idea, but only gives a temporarily viewable summary of preferred help. I will also agree with allowing the secondary name plate to be made editable as our preferences change.

I like this idea as well!

DeletedUser2191

Thank you to those who liked/ agreed with what I said. My post was just further expanding on what the OP Deem put forward in my view of it, so the credit of the idea goes to Deem.

DeletedUser2870

That makes a lot of sense. A city name should be that: a name. So a box below that where one can add which order the help is preferred would be great. And add a place for which AW is preferred as well when you're at it!

DeletedUser

I appreciate that players are making some great suggestions on how to improve the neighborly help option!

It's frustrating when people don't click what you really NEED, and honestly, it makes me not want to help them out in return if they can't even bother to see that I never have CULTURE listed but they click that repeatedly anyway.

I would love a process that means a click from a neighbor automatically went to my own preferences!

DeletedUser3998

I am a new player, about 6 weeks now, and only NOW learned what those letters after the city name mean! Now I can pay attention to what my neighbor's preferences are! Yup a secondary name plate is a great idea.
I also have a Q regarding how a city rewards a player for visiting; specifically "gifts". How is that determined? By the player or the game?
Thanks!

Maz Mellor

I am a new player, about 6 weeks now, and only NOW learned what those letters after the city name mean! Now I can pay attention to what my neighbor's preferences are! Yup a secondary name plate is a great idea.
I also have a Q regarding how a city rewards a player for visiting; specifically "gifts". How is that determined? By the player or the game?
Thanks!

It's random! You get three rewards per day, but there's no way of knowing in advance which cities will reward you. In other words, the player has nothing to do with whether or not their city rewards visitors—or in what lonely corner of the map the little treasure chest will appear. :)