• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighborly Help Requests

DeletedUser9381

Begin minor rant: If you going to ask that your builder's hut be helped first keep it near your Main Hall, same with Culture Buildings.
You are more likely to get what you ask for if it's easy to find. I know you are proud of your city but I'm building one too and don't have time to scroll about looking for things to help out with. Just sayin'. End minor rant.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There's not nearly enough sarcasm in the world, I like finding a kindred spirit. On the other hand, regarding someone who joined last Thursday it might be the teeniest bit picky.

WolfSinger

I agree with the sentiment - but it seems there are players with more time or their hands than they need and they go scrolling across my city to avoid clicking the culture items I ask for (That are near my main and depending on the screen you have would be in the screen when you enter my city) or my main hall - which is specified in my city name - MPS - Stairs - Well - MH. There are players who will move away from the are where all those are located to click something else.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
which is specified in my city name - MPS - Stairs - Well - MH. There are players who will move away from the are where all those are located to click something else.

I have been playing since October and have no idea what that is supposed to be telling me.
I understand ' C B MH ' if you are going to get more complicated than that, expect to be ignored.

It reminds me of a guy in an fs I belonged to briefly. He had 5 different cultures in his name listed 1st, 2nd etc. The order he wanted them buffed.
Way too much trouble.

and by the way

but it seems there are players with more time or their hands than they need and they go scrolling across my city to avoid clicking the culture items I ask for

you really assume a lot
do you actually think people will spend extra time finding what you do Not want?
you think you are that important in people's minds?

DeletedUser8187

This is kinda on topic-neighbourly help. I only have maybe 5 active players on my map (within my scouted area) one likes to click on my builder hut. I'm not spending diamonds to get the 4th builder. So does clicking on my builders hut actually do anything for my world. This is not a complaint, just curious if I'm missing something.

No I haven't specified where I would like any help. As a LOTR fan I like naming my world. I'm geek like that!!

Complaint-I don't like the coins over the inactive towns. I get half the money I would from visiting. New players need that money to purchase goods. end complaint. :rolleyes:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
you really assume a lot
do you actually think people will spend extra time finding what you do Not want?
you think you are that important in people's minds?
Agreed. I think it's probably about 80-100% more likely that they simply have their browser zoomed out a lot (like 25 or 35%) so they can see their whole world map at once, and are not actually able to see what they are clicking, but are just trying to get through it as fast as they can.
upload_2017-7-10_15-29-15.png

upload_2017-7-10_15-28-51.png

WolfSinger

@mucksterme

Most of the people who visit me know these culture abbreviations and for players far enough behind me to not understand, they will typically click the MH or something close to it. I made certain to place my 3 Marlos Patron Saints, my Eternal Staircase and my Well of Souls close to my MH to make it easy for visitors.

As for being important I don't think that all I know is some players will go to the oposite side of my city from my main hall to click something instead of clicking requested culture, a culture item near the main hall that is open or my MH itswlf.

We really need a better way to request NH insread of using our city names.

And to be honest. Up until a few weeks back, I had my city name as MH only and visites still went to the other side of my city to click some culture items in stead of clicking the MH.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This is kinda on topic-neighbourly help. I only have maybe 5 active players on my map (within my scouted area) one likes to click on my builder hut. I'm not spending diamonds to get the 4th builder. So does clicking on my builders hut actually do anything for my world. This is not a complaint, just curious if I'm missing something.
Yes. Each of your builders can have a bonus stored. Every time they click, the next construction project takes a tiny bit less time. If you have two builders, the hut can be helped twice and that covers the next two things you build.

@muckstermeAnd to be honest. Up until a few weeks back, I had my city name as MH only and visites still went to the other side of my city to click some culture items in stead of clicking the MH.
If your city is large, there's a very good chance that they are clicking to help before any buildings draw. Combined with the consideration above of a vastly reduced browser modification, it's possible they see every pair of helping hands in your city before they can see any buildings, and are just clicking on the first pair of hands they see. Unless you have a highly adversarial relationship, it's doubtful they are doing it on purpose to annoy you.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Complaint-I don't like the coins over the inactive towns. I get half the money I would from visiting. New players need that money to purchase goods. end complaint. :rolleyes:

I understand how important coins are when you are "young"
but look at it this way
half coins are better than clicking into a dead city and getting zero

DeletedUser9381

I hadn't considered browser render speed, but this only furthers the arguments of keeping what you want help with close to your Main Hall.

DeletedUser9381

There's not nearly enough sarcasm in the world, I like finding a kindred spirit. On the other hand, regarding someone who joined last Thursday it might be the teeniest bit picky.
I joined the forum last Thursday. I've been playing for quite a bit longer than that..And I'm old, I have a right to be picky.

AtaguS

[You are more likely to get what you ask for if it's easy to find. I know you are proud of your city but I'm building one too and don't have time to scroll about looking for things to help out with. Just sayin'. End minor rant./QUOTE]

Honestly, I ask for what I'd like, and then put my buildings where they best fit, or where I like the look of them, or strategically if I'm planning ahead...so the way I see it - since I'm not willing to structure my city solely on basis of what makes it easier for others to visit, I am very happy to take what I get, when I get it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for the visits and the help I get, and I'm always thankful to anyone who takes the time to search out a great building to help with - but don't expect it because there are a million variables that might come into play for that player that day, beyond just where I put things....but I'm taking responsibility for my decisions in the game and not worrying about the rest. So maybe, if someone isn't willing to put their builder next to their MH, don't sweat it...that's their loss/decision/whatever...help where you can and only if they message you and complain (hopefully this never happens) is it really a problem.

DeletedUser8187

I understand how important coins are when you are "young"
but look at it this way
half coins are better than clicking into a dead city and getting zero

I didn't know this could happen. I have always received money for visiting cities dead or otherwise. I only get 3 treasures chests, no matter how many people I help.

Seems joining games is the only way I can be seen as "young". Just don't MA'AM me! ;)